Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Phallian [Phalla] - Game Over: GOOD GUY VICTORY!!

visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Archives
Whispers of sound float through your head. You don't remember much...a power outage? A shadow? F5?

Your eyes open and you look around you. You're lying in a large gymnasium, filled with other people. Everybody is whispering to each other; some people are shaking hands in greeting. As you get to your feet, your hand brushes against cold metal encircling your waist. Puzzled, you attempt to take a closer look at it, but the angle is weird and you can't see much. You do notice, however, that others are wearing the same thing. You are about to introduce yourself and ask someone what's going on when you hear the PA system crackle above you.

"Greetings, Phallaneers! What a pleasure it is to see you! I have looked forward to this moment for a long time.

You are all probably wondering what you're doing here. That is a good question. You see, I have found myself rather obsessed with Phalla. I enjoy it so much that I thought to myself, wouldn't it be grand if I could run a real, live Phalla? Yes, ingenious I know. So that's what you are. Allow me to explain some of the features of the technology you are currently wearing.

Around your waist, you will see a metal belt. This is unremovable. This belt is very useful. If you punch the black button on the top, you will notice that it ejects a small drawer. In this drawer, you will find an earpiece. Put the earpiece in your ear and push the yellow button on your belt; you will hear your role. I will give you a few moments to listen to this."

Rather confused, you follow the instructions, and your role is whispered into your ear. When it is finished, you shrug and take it out.

"Finished? Good! You may listen to it again if you didn't get it the first time. When you are sure you know your role, you may push the small black switch on the side of the earpiece. This will scramble the message so nobody else knows what your role is.

Now then, push the green button on your belt. You will see another drawer open, this one containing a headset. Put the headset on; this is how you will communicate your orders to us, should you have any special abilities. This is also how you transmit your vote. At any point, you may request a summary of who has voted for whom over the course of the game.

One last thing about the belt. If you are so unfortunate as to lose the vote, this will be the method of your death." A chill fell across the room. The voice chuckled over the PA. "Oh yes, we are deadly serious. If you are killed in this game, you will be killed in real life. Charming, isn't it?"

One of the people in the room yells angrily. "Fuck this shit. I didn't sign up for this. I'm not gonna play your dumbass game." Crossing his arms, he sits down in the middle of the floor, refusing to move.

"Mmmm, I see," says the voice. "So you're dropping out then?"

"Yeah, I'm dropping out!"

"Okay then. Tofu, is it? Thank you for allowing me to provide a demonstration!"

"A demonstration?" Tofu says. "A demonstration of what? I'm not giving no demonstr--"

The belt around his waist begins to beep. Tofu stares down at it in terror, and people begin moving away from him, sensing danger. The beeping increases in frequency, and Tofu gets more and more agitated. He stands up and begins scraping desperately at the belt, trying to get it off. Suddenly, the beeping stops, and a large light in the middle of the belt turns bright red. Tofu breathes a sigh of relief and turns to the others. "See? He's just bullsh--"

BOOM!

An explosion rips out of the belt, severing Tofu in half. His torso falls to the ground, and his lower body topples over. Sobbing, he tries to use his arms to move him towards his legs, but gradually his sobs subside and he lies still.

The voice speaks into the horrified silence. "See? Deadly serious. Well, I think that's all. You have the full range of this school. Don't try to escape or you're end up like Tofu here. Have fun kids!"

The PA clicks off. Nobody speaks for several seconds. Then people begin scrambling for the doors leading out of the gynasium. Not wanting to be left behind, you join one of the groups and head into the hallway.

The game has begun.

visiblehowl on
DogSig.gif

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to Phallian [Phalla]!

Roles:
    Spoiler:

Election:
    Spoiler:

Votes:
    Spoiler:

Dead Thread:
    Spoiler:

End of the Day:
    Spoiler:

The Fine Print:
    Spoiler:

Special Rules:
    Spoiler:

Clarifications:
    Spoiler:

Table of Contents:

End of Day 1: Results Narration
    End of Day 2: Results Narration
    End of Day 3: Results Narration
    End of Day 4: Results Narration
    End of Day 5: Results
    End of Day 6: Results
    End of Day 7: Results Narration
    End of Day 8: Narration Results
    End of Day 9: Results
    Final Day: Narration Results

DogSig.gif
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reserved.

The contestants:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.
    edited July 2007
    The first day's special rule is:

votearoduc.jpg

If the village votes off the person with the Aroduc role today, all the people who voted for that person will get something special.

DogSig.gif
    edited July 2007
    Sorry guys, somebody locked the signup thread before I could post a link to this thread.

DogSig.gif
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Linked. How hard is it to find this one on the frontpage, though? *shrug*

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I sure do hope we get some players in here soon.

Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.
    edited July 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »

Some people requested it. I wouldn't dare throw aspersions on their intelligence.
    Spoiler:

DogSig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Let's do this thing!

First order of business:
    I vote me for being awesome.

Per3th.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And it begins. I think the best part of this game will be the end reveal of all roles and such.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alas poor Tofu, I knew ye well.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, that was a pleasant 'death'.

I ain't going out like that.

• GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited July 2007
    I !vote Gnasty for Liason

This is so awesome.

i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited July 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    And it begins. I think the best part of this game will be the end reveal of all roles and such.

No, the best part is watching it, knowing who everybody is.

Delicious.

DogSig.gif
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I take it back. This is going to be far more insane than the paranoia Phalla.

edited July 2007
    Clarification: Midnight what timezone?

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, I will assume the Gnasty role needs to get elected to something. Let's play this safe.

I !vote Gnasty for Liason

edited July 2007
    If elected I promise to ask whatever the main thread agrees upon.

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

Some people requested it. I wouldn't dare throw aspersions on their intelligence.
    Spoiler:

Hey.
    Spoiler:

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
    edited July 2007
    Clarification: Voting ends 12:00 Midnight Eastern Time

DogSig.gif
    edited July 2007
    I will !vote Gnasty for our Liason.

edited July 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Spoiler:

Hey.
    Spoiler:
    No, Squasha.

It doesn't.

Per3th.jpg
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Might as well !Vote Gnasty.

Preacher wrote: »
    Something tells me this story ends up with Ballbaggins fucking his house again.
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not sure whether we want to follow the Aroduc plan laid out. I mean, why would you have a particular bad guy specially targeted like that? Aroduc is in all likelihood a good guy.

What I think we need to do, this early on, is concentrate on who has what role. Then we need to figure out who's known for being a bad guy. Then vote for the people who have those roles. Like if I were a bad guy really often, we'd seek out whoever has the mtvcdm role (and dammit there better be one).

I need to think about my liason vote a minute.

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
    edited July 2007
    hay guys if you know the squasha role I need to PM him for reals and advices

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
    edited July 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether we want to follow the Aroduc plan laid out. I mean, why would you have a particular bad guy specially targeted like that? Aroduc is in all likelihood a good guy.

What I think we need to do, this early on, is concentrate on who has what role. Then we need to figure out who's known for being a bad guy. Then vote for the people who have those roles. Like if I were a bad guy really often, we'd seek out whoever has the mtvcdm role (and dammit there better be one).

If you have a way to figure out who people are I'd love to hear it.

EDIT: And I want to get something special, so Aroduc-role, here I come!

i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited July 2007
    Who would I have to talk to to get my name changed? Just curious.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And we're off. This is a bad situation to be in... just like a bad horror film! Creepy.

I want a chance to be someone important. I !vote myself for Liason!

chirisigtext.png
    edited July 2007
    Who would I have to talk to to get my name changed? Just curious.
    Preparing for your Athan reveal?

Per3th.jpg
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why are we liason'ing Gnasty, for those of us not in the know?

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think Ardor's reasoning is as good as anything at this point.

!vote Gnasty for liason

Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
    edited July 2007
    Guys really

they advised me to contact him

rainydoo1rv3.jpg

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is all assuming we'd even have a way of identifying the Aroduc role. That's a needle in a haystack if there ever was one, unless that person wants to be found for some unknown reason.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
    edited July 2007
    It is an accepted fact that I am awesome.

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    mtvcdm wrote: »

If you have a way to figure out who people are I'd love to hear it.
    The OP said deductive reasoning. Do that.

My first thought is to look for Lady Eri. Eri's probably a seer or something.

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    hay guys if you know the squasha role I need to PM him for reals and advices

Well that's as close to an admission of guilt as I need! !Vote Squashua!

Preacher wrote: »
    Something tells me this story ends up with Ballbaggins fucking his house again.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    It is an accepted fact that I am awesome.
    Good enough for me, Gansty! I !vote Gansty for president

edited July 2007
    Clarification: Bad guy roles were distributed randomly. The bad guys are not determined by which role they got.

And while I'm at it...

Clarification: There are 8 bad guys.

DogSig.gif
    edited July 2007
    Elendil is probably me. Wanting to be elected and claiming that he's awesome? That's essentially my MO.

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I think the idea is that "Gnasty" likely needs to be elected to activate his ability, and Gnasty can't be "Gnasty" because players can't be themselves, so we protect against the possibility "Gnasty" is evil and getting elected.

Also, a potential question for the election winner: How many bad guy groups are there?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's interesting. Not 30 minutes in and there's a liason bandwagon already?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.