As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Realtor questions

EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Are there any realtors on these forums? I've always been curious about what exactly these people do. Are they just a simple middle man?

They put your house up on those listing things whatever they're called and then just field calls of people who are interested and show them around right?

You meet up, go to the house, show them around, spew out some facts or any other interesting/pertinent information and you're done right?

What do they get for their trouble? Like a 4% cut? something like that?

Sounds like it might not be such a tough thing.

The only caveats that I can really see are:

- You have to be available and willing to show the house with a minimal of knowledge ahead of time and perhaps into the evening which could mean odd hours.

- You'll probably have to drive a lot and talk to people a lot.

- You may have to tell the owners to clean their fucking house.

- You have to have a friendly disposition and the motivation to sell, sell, sell!

What else is there? I must be missing something.

Endomatic on

• Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They are SUPPOSED to be knowledgable about real estate laws too.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Endomatic wrote: »
    Are there any realtors on these forums? I've always been curious about what exactly these people do. Are they just a simple middle man?

They put your house up on those listing things whatever they're called and then just field calls of people who are interested and show them around right?

You meet up, go to the house, show them around, spew out some facts or any other interesting/pertinent information and you're done right?

What do they get for their trouble? Like a 4% cut? something like that?

Sounds like it might not be such a tough thing.

The only caveats that I can really see are:

- You have to be available and willing to show the house with a minimal of knowledge ahead of time and perhaps into the evening which could mean odd hours.

- You'll probably have to drive a lot and talk to people a lot.

- You may have to tell the owners to clean their fucking house.

- You have to have a friendly disposition and the motivation to sell, sell, sell!

What else is there? I must be missing something.

I am not a realtor but I do work for one of the larger multiples in the country (NWMLS services most of western washington, eventually all of washington). A good realtor will assist you with the paperwork (and trust me there is a lot of it) in purchasing and selling a home, as well as help you find a good place to live and hopefully secure a workable loan for you (they have contacts and work with banks all the time).

A bad realtor will fuck you over hardcore, your house will sit on the market when you want to sell, making it harder to sell it when you find a competent realtor. They will mess up paperwork or fail to include things or tell you things that can get you stuck with a crappy deal, or have you lose your earnest money (up to 5% of the purchase price).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    People, if you have a completely off topic set of questions that you'd like to ask, don't derail someone else's thread.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH