As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

replacement filling?

bagelpiratebagelpirate Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
About 2 months ago now I popped a filling, the tooth now hurts occasionally. I don't have dental insurance though.

How much is a new filling?

Are there any dental assistant plans or anything?

bagelpirate on

• Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what tooth is it?

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    witch_iewitch_ie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't know the actual prices, but it will depend on what kind of filling you get...the more advanced or technologically "new" the material, the higher the cost generally. You can probably call a local dentist's office and ask for a quote.

As for assistance, I've heard some states (I can't recall which) do have assistance programs similar to if not included in Medicaid. Also, some dentists will have a way for you to set up a payment plan for the more expensive procedures. This is also something you can ask about when you call.

witch_ie on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    about $200 if the bills I saw a few years ago are anything. Depends on the dentist and the type of filling they use. Silver mercury amalgam is the cheapest.

Filling involves some minor drilling and cleaning to prep the surface, and then filling. It's relatively quick.

The cost will go up or down depending on the place you go to and where you live. What you should do is call dentists. You should've called a dentist when it happened and ask for rates.

Most will do minor work like this without insurance and can even quote you over the phone. Call around.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast