As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] WoW Expansion info leaked

1171819202123»

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd like to see Demon Hunters pop up as a hero class, and probably some variant of Dark Rangers (Maybe a more general "Ranger" hero class, like hunters but with no pets and more elemental/shadow centered abilities, like a bowazon from d2, could be Human/Dwarf/NE/gnome/Undead/Troll/BE).

The "Introduce new classes via high level quests so you don't have to start from level 1" idea is a good one though.

And hero classes shouldn't outshine normal ones, otherwise its pointless to even have normal classes. Also it's against the lore, Gul'dan, Malfurion, pre-DK Arthas, etc weren't hero classes in a wow sense, but they were certainly powerful representatives of their respective base classes.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    im late with this but, if it was possible, every character I played would be a troll. no doubt.

Oh it's possible.

snip

You know how there are about 8,000 Trolls total amongst millions of players? We're a great big chunk of that number.

well I meant that even though I wanted to play a lock, it'd be a troll.

I've played

troll priests(deleted)
    night elf warrior(deleted)
    troll shaman
    troll hunter(deleted)
    undead lock
    troll warrior
    night elf druid
    troll priest
    now I am debating whether to do a hunter or shaman again. or maybe a druid or lock again.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There was some interview or whatever where they said that they considered the idea of "upgrading" your existing character to a death knight, but testers really really didn't like the idea of losing their original character to do it.

riz on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Were all Death Knights (post Arthas) supposed to be fallen Paladins or were some of them former Warriors?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want a battle mage, so bad.

You mean Shaman?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    iceburn

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want a battle mage, so bad.

You mean Shaman?

No, like those ones from Stratholme. I get your point, I just hate shaman.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was just talking to my co-worker about the DK thing and my preference that each class had a hero class and you have to convert your current toon into that class. As in, a Paladin can become a Death Knight. He said that would be a nightmare for class balance because you're converting tank/healers into dps/tanks.

That got me thinking. Why not make the option for classes to have a complete role change? My first thought was hunters into healers. My second thought was all the noobs that roll hunters. My third thought was D:

Still, I think it'd be cool because then you can convert your character into a new role without having to start over. I am NOT rolling any more new toons. I have my priest, my hunter is 66 and my druid is 24. My hunter will get to 70, my druid, probably not, but no more toons for me.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Because I rolled a druid because I wanted to play a druid. I like playing druids. Demon Hunters might be awesome too, but if I have to give up the Druid who I like to play in order to play a Demon Hunter, fuck that. Sure, I'd have to redo some content with the Demon Hunter if he didn't start out at max level, but I'd also have to redo ALL the content with another druid if I wanted to play a druid again. Which is likely because as we've gone over, I like druids.

Javen on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Because I rolled a druid because I wanted to play a druid. I like playing druids. Demon Hunters might be awesome too, but if I have to give up the Druid who I like to play in order to play a Demon Hunter, fuck that. Sure, I'd have to redo some content with the Demon Hunter if he didn't start out at max level, but I'd also have to redo ALL the content with another druid if I wanted to play a druid again. Which is likely because as we've gone over, I like druids.

This makes no sense. Why would you be giving up your Druid?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think he was talking about my concept that hero classes should make you convert your existing class.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yeah, that's "not a very good idea"

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I would agree to cloning my character then converting it to a hero class.

EVIL TWINS!

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    That got me thinking. Why not make the option for classes to have a complete role change? My first thought was hunters into healers. My second thought was all the noobs that roll hunters. My third thought was D:

YOU ARE ALL MY PETS NOW

I SHALL MEND YOU WITH A FEEBLE HoT

HA HA HA

riz on
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    riz wrote: »

YOU ARE ALL MY PETS NOW

HA HA HA
    Yep.
    That's coffee in the keyboard.
    Thanks, riz.
    :lol:

wrong_button on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

YOU ARE ALL MY PETS NOW

HA HA HA

I remember being in a SM run with a bunch of guildmates with my hunter. I was handling the pulling, and I was starting to think that I had two pet attack buttons, one that sics my raptor on the target, and the other that sics my other four pets on the target. I managed to slap myself out of it once I realized it, though.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    jothki wrote: »
    I remember being in a SM run with a bunch of guildmates with my hunter. I was handling the pulling, and I was starting to think that I had two pet attack buttons, one that sics my raptor on the target, and the other that sics my other four pets on the target. I managed to slap myself out of it once I realized it, though.

? I have that button. It's called '/rw Pulling now!'

Nova_C on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    The other Hero Class I'd want to play would be Mountain Kings, but that wouldn't make any sense outside of Dwarves, so its probably not likely unless they ever do start adding race specific Hero Classes, at which point they would probably do one horde one alliance at a time, of similar roles. I'd say Dwarven Mountain Kings and Troll Berserkers should be the first.

Fuck Troll Berserkers. We have Berserking anyway. Shadow/Voodoo Priests, man. Shaman-level healing, Rogue-level DPS and armor, and mage-level CC. Keeps them from being overly powerful, but they have a foot in two jobs and do good DPS. Sort of like Druids. They can do DPS, healing, or tanking just fine.

Or, shit. Blademasters for the Horde, ArchWizards for the Alliance.

I just want a fucking Troll Blademaster.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    jothki wrote: »

YOU ARE ALL MY PETS NOW

HA HA HA

:lol: I get that feeling whenever I would play my feral druid with a hunter. He starts shooting, me and his pet run in and claw away....

riz on