As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] WHY DO YOU CHASE ME MECHANICAL CHAT THREAD?!

• Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ah.. Four more levels till Outlands.
    I can't wait.
    I wonder if I can get away with not doing Silithus this time...

You can. And you can also skip EPL. I think my warrior quested in the following areas to get from 50 to 58

Searing Gorge
    Un'Goro Crater
    a couple in Azshara
    Felwood
    western Winterpsring
    back to Un'Goro crater
    Burning Steppes

and then did one or two in WPL before hitting 58, abandoning all open quests, and moving to Outland.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Kunohara wrote: »
    Theres some undocumented changes found at World of Raids with the patch. The one that was needed since the beginning of the game:

- Tracking abilities such as "Find Minerals" now last through death

You have no idea how often I forget to toggle the bloody things.

and yet sense undead isn't lasting through death :\

Nobody on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Theres some undocumented changes found at World of Raids with the patch. The one that was needed since the beginning of the game:

This is obviously the best change ever.

A little late, though.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, the patch completely disabled support for hardware sound acceleration, effectively screwing people with support for such (read: everyone, because there aren't any fucking sound cards without hardware sound acceleration anymore), for no reason.

/golfclap Blizzard

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Charus wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ah.. Four more levels till Outlands.
    I can't wait.
    I wonder if I can get away with not doing Silithus this time...

You can. And you can also skip EPL. I think my warrior quested in the following areas to get from 50 to 58

Searing Gorge
    Un'Goro Crater
    a couple in Azshara
    Felwood
    western Winterpsring
    back to Un'Goro crater
    Burning Steppes

and then did one or two in WPL before hitting 58, abandoning all open quests, and moving to Outland.
    I've already done Searing, Un'goro and Felwood. Not many quests for horde in Burning Steppes.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Saeris wrote: »
    So, the patch completely disabled support for hardware sound acceleration, effectively screwing people with support for such (read: everyone, because there aren't any fucking sound cards without hardware sound acceleration anymore), for no reason.

/golfclap Blizzard

More like they dropped support for it for the same reason Vista did.

Opty on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The built in movie capture is a neat idea, but my old powerbook definitely does not have the balls to handle it.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Opty wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »

/golfclap Blizzard

More like they dropped support for it for the same reason Vista did.

OpenAL? That would be great if they wrote code good enough to replace what I had, but they haven't. I've lost a lot of the clarity and precision in my positional audio, which I'd actually come to rely on in PvP to tell me how far away someone is if they're not onscreen. I'll manage, of course, but was this really necessary to implement voice support? There was no reason to write it directly into the game instead of writing a special tailored version of background apps like Vent that can provide a D3D overlay.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Goddammit. I just transfered an old mage toon from like, two years ago and a different server to Icecrown because I've been itching to play a mage again. Not like I don't ALREADY have enough characters to play. >< Priest, hunter, pally and now mage.

And even though I've started more male toons than female toons, ALL four of these high level characters are female. I already get enough shit from my guildies about having three chicks, now I got a fourth and I didn't even mean it. ><

Nova_C on
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Just tell every person who gives you shit about having female characters to do a /played.

Then tell them to think about the fact that they spent that amount of time staring at some dude's butt.

Gork on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    :winky:

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Even in City of Heroes where it made a little more sense, I've never quite wrapped my mind around calling my characters "toons".

I call them characters.

It takes longer to type, so I suppose I'm the one that loses out here, but it just baffles me.

I have nothing against people that do call them "toons", but it just looks wrong to me somehow.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    Even in City of Heroes where it made a little more sense, I've never quite wrapped my mind around calling my characters "toons".

I call them characters.

It takes longer to type, so I suppose I'm the one that loses out here, but it just baffles me.

I have nothing against people that do call them "toons", but it just looks wrong to me somehow.

You know, I'm not much different. I usually say 'char' as a shorthand for character - but I guess the fact that virtually everyone else calls them 'toons' has rubbed off on me. I didn't even notice I was doing it.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

I call them characters.

I'm with you. "toons" makes me think of Roger Rabbit.

Medopine on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Medopine wrote: »

I call them characters.

I remember when I first saw people calling their characters toons, it was playing Asheron's Call, and they certainly didn't look like cartoons to me.

(I don't tend to call my characters toons.)

Seg on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Seriously.
    I used to petition Blizzard.
    "I just found a Mithril node that did not show up on my minimap."
    "Hm. Where is this?"
    "Hinterlands. It was outside the Slime ruins."
    "Hmm...did you have Find Minerals on?"
    "Yes I d-...no..."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    On the priest forums, Neth talked about upcoming changes in 2.3 for priest being improving Meditation (10/20/30) (Also knows as 'FUCK YES'), making Pain Suppression castable on others(40% reduced damage, 5% reduced threat on target) and making a portion of the +healing on +healing only gear also add to +damage. The number thrown about was 1/3 (So, if you had +1000 healing in your holy set, you'd also get +333 spell damage for free). Thinking about this as it relates to me, I wonder if this has any real application outside of pvp.

For instance: My total plus healing right now is a little under +1200 unbuffed. That's not that great, but I have five Kara epics, so it can't be that bad (Can it? I heal better than any other healer I've raided with). Which means I'd get +400 spell damage. My damage set is made up of pieces I picked up with that would've been de'd otherwise and is almost +600 spell damage. I've also heard a +healing point to reach for when first going into SSC or The Eye is +1600. 1/3 of that is still lower than the +damage from my dungeon blues.

It seems to me this change works for pvp only as it still doesn't allow for solo grinding in holy gear and is only applicable in those rare instances where a healer does offensive casting as well (So far for me, only two places. Voidwalker boss in SL and final boss of SV (hitting his canisters with smite)). Is there a big bonus to PVE that I'm not seeing?

Nova_C on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    It seems to me this change works for pvp only as it still doesn't allow for solo grinding in holy gear and is only applicable in those rare instances where a healer does offensive casting as well (So far for me, only two places. Voidwalker boss in SL and final boss of SV (hitting his canisters with smite)). Is there a big bonus to PVE that I'm not seeing?

Leotheras the Blind requires +damage on every healer in the raid. If 1/3 of your +healing was +damage, you wouldn't need to switch out any gear at all.

Garthor on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Seriously.
    "Hm. Where is this?"
    "Yes I d-...no..."

This is much more important to hunters. Yay.

This, plus the creation [FINALLY] of the Armory Firefox search extension makes me feel like Blizz is spying on my every complaint in /g.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Seriously.
    "Hm. Where is this?"
    "Yes I d-...no..."

This is much more important to hunters. Yay.

This, plus the creation [FINALLY] of the Armory Firefox search extension makes me feel like Blizz is spying on my every complaint in /g.

Quick, go complain about Frost Mages needing more heavy-damage talents.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Seg wrote: »

I call them characters.

I remember when I first saw people calling their characters toons, it was playing Asheron's Call, and they certainly didn't look like cartoons to me.

(I don't tend to call my characters toons.)

This is the same place I heard it, and I flamed the fuck out of those people on the boards. I just ignore it now.

And if you think you have too many female chars, I direct you towards myself. I have 1 male char out of all my 40+ chars. And hes level 1.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So, I've been hearing that pretty much every class except warlocks is getting buffed. Which is interesting, because when one class shows signs of being 'op', they just nerf it to hell. Anyway, hunters with a dispell? Very interesting...

Nova_C on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, I've been hearing that pretty much every class except warlocks is getting buffed. Which is interesting, because when one class shows signs of being 'op', they just nerf it to hell. Anyway, hunters with a dispell? Very interesting...

That is how a lot of games do it, one class or skill seems overpowered the devs would "balance" it by "nerfing" the OPed item, and for more then 8 years players have been trying to convince Devs that it would be smarter to just make the other classes/skills stronger.

Hopefully Blizzard has decided to try something different from the norm.

Seg on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Seg wrote: »

That is how a lot of games do it, one class or skill seems overpowered the devs would "balance" it by "nerfing" the OPed item, and for more then 8 years players have been trying to convince Devs that it would be smarter to just make the other classes/skills stronger.

Hopefully Blizzard has decided to try something different from the norm.

And hey, now that everything else is stronger, we need to buff mobs, too!

Whoops, that threw off the balance of all the quests! Let's retune all those...

Oh hey, some obscure boss is now trivial / impossible! More time spent rebalancing...

There's a VERY GOOD REASON why players insist on everything ELSE getting buffed, and developers never do it: it's because developers have half a fucking clue.

Garthor on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

When will this be? In heaven? Patch 4.5? During The Rapture?

I'm not hating too hard on my warlock brothers and sisters, but rogues (through mostly indirect actions, granted) just got the ever loving shit nerfed out of them.

WF nerf, Proc Nerf, Haste nerf, DST nerf, etc, etc.

That said, if they give us all shadow step in 2.3 or something else to improve our mobility, almost all will be forgiven.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Warlocks have been getting pretty steadily nerfed for the last nine months or so.

Not that it's a bad thing, because there was a time when we were pretty decidedly overpowered, particularly in pvp. In my personal opinion, though, they're getting to right about where they should be relative to other classes.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

When will this be? In heaven? Patch 4.5? During The Rapture?

I'm not hating too hard on my warlock brothers and sisters, but rogues (through mostly indirect actions, granted) just got the ever loving shit nerfed out of them.

WF nerf, Proc Nerf, Haste nerf, DST nerf, etc, etc.

That said, if they give us all shadow step in 2.3 or something else to improve our mobility, almost all will be forgiven.

They did all that because I reactivated my account a couple days ago.

Sorry guys.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's not really a Haste nerf.
    It was to keep it in-line with Spell haste.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mage Info for Patch 2.3 on WoWhineplay as of 8pm EST

1> Color me pleasantly surprised -- the damage tax is gone.

2> Evocation is being changed to 15% of your mana pool every 2 seconds for 8 seconds.

3> Arcane Meditation is being buffed to 10%/20%/30% mana regen.

4> The "food/water fountain" is in for 2.3 as well (same link as the damage tax). It may be a single spell for both?

5> No plans to look into our AoE spells, nor plans to make Spirit affect damage, in 2.3 (same link as damage tax)

6> Ice Barrier will get a higher percentage from spell damage, but the base amount from the top two ranks is being reduced. Some people are getting odd graphical errors from 2.2 as well.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    TheEmerged wrote: »

1> Color me pleasantly surprised -- the damage tax is gone.

2> Evocation is being changed to 15% of your mana pool every 2 seconds for 8 seconds.

3> Arcane Meditation is being buffed to 10%/20%/30% mana regen.

4> The "food/water fountain" is in for 2.3 as well (same link as the damage tax). It may be a single spell for both?

5> No plans to look into our AoE spells, nor plans to make Spirit affect damage, in 2.3 (same link as damage tax)

6> Ice Barrier will get a higher percentage from spell damage, but the base amount from the top two ranks is being reduced. Some people are getting odd graphical errors from 2.2 as well.

Well I'll be damned.

Bitching worked.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    snip for space

Well I'll be damned.

Bitching worked.

I'm looking through the Shaman changes now -- 8 pages of Blue posts in the last day or so...

IMO, the mage tax was uncalled for and Evocation being percentage based is long overdue. I wish the mana gems could be made to scale better too but I'm not holding breathe on that one.

TheEmerged -- summarizing WoWhineplay for your protection :P

TheEmerged on
  • Options
    MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    World of Raids is compiling their own unofficial list of 2.3 patch notes from all the recent blue posts.

Mitten on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Shamanistic Rage, which will also reduces all damage taken by 30% for the duration of the ability (30 seconds), in addition to its current effect.

Spirit Weapons will also reduce melee threat by a total of 30% rather than 15%

Frost Shock will no longer be subject to diminishing returns

“All shaman will be able to equip 2-handed axes and maces (proper training required of course), without having to spend a talent. In it’s [sic] place, a seemingly solid replacement talent called elemental focus. Basically, what it offers is this -- after landing a melee critical strike, you'll enter a "focused state". The focused state will reduce the mana cost of your next shock spell by 60%”

The Mental Quickness will be adding 10/20/30% of your attack power to your +dmg/healing in addition to its current function.

They're adding new relics to support all talent trees in patch 2.3 for Shaman, Paladins and Druids.

Lightning Overload: 4/8/12/16/20% chance to occur, but the second bolt will only cause half damage – and no threat.

Mana Spring Totem will become 20 mana every 2 seconds.

Water Shield: this spell will no longer cost any mana to cast (which also means the five-minute rule will not be affected) and the mana granted per globe has been substantially increased. Additionally, the spell’s duration has been shortened to one minute and at the end of its duration it now grants mana for any remaining globes.

Lightning Bolt cast time is now 2.5 seconds. Chain Lightning is now 2.0 seconds. The spell damage ratio is being adjusted accordingly (nerfed).

The lightning mastery talent's cast time will now be reduced by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 seconds. So, casting time for the spells ends up being the same as before.

“If we give shaman a cc abillity it won't be until Wrath of the Lich King.”

They’re “looking into” Earth and Lightning Shileds

Pally Retribution changes are also slated for 2.3

“Zul'Aman is done. We just need to get the raid dungeon on the public test realms, and make sure it sees extensive testing.”

TheEmerged on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Haha for two weeks now our MT has been on vacation and raiding has suffered. "It's ok everyone, when MT comes back raiding will pick up again."

MT comes back...

...to post that he's quitting the game due to RL stuff.

Lollers

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Haha for two weeks now our MT has been on vacation and raiding has suffered. "It's ok everyone, when MT comes back raiding will pick up again."

MT comes back...

Lollers

That sounds horrible.
    I'd offer a hug if you weren't a smelly gnome.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There are Blue posts in the PALADIN FORUMS.
    Did the world explode when I was asleep?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    dramaaaaa nooooo

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So word on the grapevine is that +heal items will give 1/3rd of that +heal as +dmg as well. I can't really see this affecting me too much. In the damage gear I've managed to scrounge up, I'm at 631 self buffed (I think I get around +80-100 damage thanks to Imp Spirit Buff etc).

So I would need around 1600-1800 +heal on my heal set to be able to just ditch my damage set for soloing/grinding and I don't see that happening any time soon. I can see this helping raid healers with their grinding while they wait for the dmg gear scraps and in fights where healers are expected to deal damage as well as heal. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I first heard about this.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Daghorn wrote:
    A propos des montures volantes, nous prévoyons d’en ajouter une nouvelle dans la mise à jour 2.3. Celle-ci pourra être achetée auprès de l’Expédition Cénarienne avec une réputation exaltée pour un prix d’environ deux mille pièces d’or.

What kind of flying mount would you get from Cenarion Expedition? Hippogryph? Nah, they got tauren druids, too. Stormcrow? I dunno if they'd want to sell you one of their own druids for a mere 2k gold. Flying kodo? Hmm.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

MT comes back...

Lollers

That sounds horrible.
    I'd offer a hug if you weren't a smelly gnome.

Haha omg, I'm a human/night elf.

I MUST SLAY YOU NOW FOR THIS GROSS DISRESPECT to a fictional character I play in a made up fantasy world

Medopine on
This discussion has been closed.