Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PHALLA] Harry Potter (EVIL WINS) - Please come post comments/feedback

nevilleneville The Worst Gay(Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Chatlog
Hogwarts.jpg

As the students begin arriving at Hogwarts, everyone gathers in the Great Hall to hear Dumbledore's first day speech.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," Dumbledore exclaims.

"No doubt you have heard that Rufus Scrimgeour has taken over as the new Minister of Magic. He has helped us ward Hogwarts against anything nefarious that any ill-meaning wizard might try.
This is not to say we expect anything to happen, but one can never be too cautious. But take warning, as the wards are a bit sensitive and may not be able to tell a serious wizard from someone just playing a practical joke," Dumbledore says, while staring directly at the Weasley twins.

"Besides these small measures, I think you will all find Hogwarts much the same as it always has been. Classes will continue as scheduled and --" Dumbledore is interrupted by a Mr Filch running into the hall.
"It's the Patil girl," he growls. "Parvati. She's dead!"

Ron, Hermione, and Harry exchange glances.
This isn't a good way for the school year to begin at all…

The Cast:

Many of those you would expect are at work here.
Harry, Ron, and Hermione, o'course
Voldemort, Wormtail, and the Death Eaters as well.
There are also more players than just that, so keep your eyes peeled.

Every night, the Death Eaters will attempt to kill some of you.
The faster you get rid of them, the greater your chances to defeat He Who Must Not Be Named.
The longer you wait, the less chance you will have.
Even as you read this, they are helping to return the Dark Lord regain his full power.
If that happens, few if any may survive.

There are more non-special wizards than wizards, but there are quite a few "specials" at play.
Too many powerful wizards to just have a few, y'know.
If you're just a student here, you will want to help Harry defeat Voldemort.
If not, your win condition(s) will be revealed to you.

Rules:
  • All public voting closes at 7PM PST/10PM EST every night.
  • All private actions must be in by 7 PM PST/10 PM EST every night UNLESS YOUR ROLE PM SAYS OTHERWISE.
  • Vote using the following syntax: !vote Neville and retract using the syntax: !retract Neville.
  • The person with the most votes at the end of each day will be removed from the game, likely in a violent manner.

• Do not forward/share/screenshot/etc your role PM(s).
  • DO NOT POST ANY BOOK 7 SPOILERS OR FAKE SPOILERS. SERIOUSLY. DON'T DO THIS
  • No images unless they meet the board rules AND are under a spoiler tag. Be smart about this.
  • No abstentions; individuals with a private attack must use it every night OR PM me that they are choosing NOT to. All participants must vote every night.
  • If you are removed from the game for inactivity you will be replaced or killed off. Please don't do this.
  • You are not allowed to vote for yourself.
  • You must have at least two on-topic content-filled posts per game day.
  • The order of MOST actions is shown but may not show everyone. If this affects you, you will know why.
  • Please do NOT edit your vote posts; just retract & vote for someone else when changing your vote
  • Narration/Results for each day will indicate attack attempts and failures, deaths/arrests, etc.
  • Please PM me if you would like clarification on a rule, mechanic, ability or anything else. I will clarify the info for the thread if necessary.
  • Narration/Results for each day will indicate attack attempts and failures; affiliations will be revealed on death, but not necessarily on failed attacks
  • You may make one goodbye post if you die, but no more than that.
  • Dead players may not converse with active participants on any game-related matters.
  • There is no dead thread; do not make one or discuss the game with anyone alive, to re-iterate the previous point
  • IF YOU ARE NOT A GAME PARTICIPANT, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!
  • Do not assume you know how everything is going to work right off the bat.
    Things are rarely what they seem at Hogwarts.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roster:
Spoiler:

Reserves:

1. iamtheaznman
2. Meister

Game Links

Day 1's Narration

Night 1 Narration

Day 2's Narration

Day 3's Narration

Day 4's Narration

Day 6's Narration

Day 7's Narration

Final Day Narration

Complete list of role PMs, powers, and post-game thoughts

Clarifications
  • Feel free to create a special private board for your specials if you wish, but PM me the information to watch.
  • The non-special win condition is "Eliminate Voldemort, his Death Eaters, and anyone else who is evil."
  • Clarified that you do NOT have to use a private ability every night if you have one, but if you choose not to, must PM me stating that.

Edit: Date fixed. The space-time continuum is now safe.

neville on
nevillexmassig1.png

• the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2007
    edited August 2007
    also Bogey can't use his alt as a reserve

edited August 2007
    The last one was much better.

2mong9u.jpg
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Repostin' in the free world (new thread)
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Bogey wrote: »
    Don't you hate it when you go out with friends and then come home to find that you may be bandwagonned? :P

I'm sad that we lost Hermione and so many innocents. (It kinda made perfect sense that the one who was always doing the vote-counts ended up being her.) Anyway, I'm not going to make a big reveal or anything, I'm just a student here at the school. I do want to point out that we can't know what the Death Eaters powers are, how many kills they have or if that's their only special ability. As was pointed out earlier, they used 3 kills on the first and second day even though they lost Bellatrix. Also, while I was Confunded, somebody else was Stupefied. *shrug*

You've been clamoring for a response from me, so here it is:

(That's the sound of silence)

Bummer for you, eh?
    Squashua wrote: »
    Before I switched my vote to Bogey (and I'm not - read on), I had to go read your rationale.

#1) You're not using a seer as your logic; you're using kills. This means your declaration is an educated guess at best. A good educated guess, but I'm not convinced.

#2) Not to defend Bogey (because then I'd be top vote recipient), but didn't a Dementor die between those two nights? So far, the Dementors have not actually *killed* anyone, but it's possible the two unnamed attacks each night on you guys were from Dementors.

#3) In-between Day 2 and Day 3, a Dementor was killed. Wouldn't that mean the Dementors would have lost another attack? That would account for last night's missing attack.

And that's why I'm not voting Bogey. Even if he was Stupefied, the missing attack could have been due to the dead Dementor.

Your interpretation of game mechanics is so flawed I am pretty tempted to think you're a Death Eater trying to pull your friend's fat out of the fire. I mean, come on, what? Did you even read the narrations?

2: It's outright fucking stated in the narration that Dementors attacked grundl and myself on night two. On night one, they attacked Drez, and on night three, after losing one, they attacked Hunter. I've discussed privately with Hunter why they didn't kill him. Only through sheer good luck have they managed to miss with every single kill.

3. None of that accounts for the missing death eater kill. Dementors and Death Eaters are seperate factions, as evidenced by their incredible kill stacking. The Dementors lost a kill because they lost CJ; why would the Death Eaters lose a kill? Maybe because one of their casters was Confundus'd?

• KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    that sucks sara

i have like a graphire 3 or something

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Ok, thanks, toss.

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!
    edited August 2007
    So I thought about putting oatmeal in my diapers. Any advices on that?

2mong9u.jpg
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Make sure it's Cinnamon Apple?

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    Please red shirt me in the narration tonight, Neville. I suck.

GRANTED

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    edited August 2007
    that sucks sara

i have like a graphire 3 or something

yeah

I could've gotten a new one for my birthday but I picked a DS instead

pretty hard choice, imo

edited August 2007
    neville wrote: »

GRANTED

Awesome, thanks!

2mong9u.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    Ok, thanks, toss.

Sorry Boges, but if the shoe fits, etc

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

GRANTED

Awesome, thanks!

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BEG FOR MERCY AND/OR GIVE ME THINGS
    YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG

nevillexmassig1.png
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Akimbolegs will be missed. She was doing a great job of keeping track of the votes for me (letting me just post a cleaner version of the list).
    Spoiler:

Redeemer, Grundlterror, Pharezon, World as Voldemort, Bendery, and ramenXnoodles haven't voted yet (that I know of).

juggcat.jpg
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

GRANTED

Awesome, thanks!

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BEG FOR MERCY AND/OR GIVE ME WANGS
    YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG

edited August 2007
    WHY WHY WHYYYYYYY DE LILAAAAAAAAAH

2mong9u.jpg
    edited August 2007

M-M-M-My Sharona!

juggcat.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Fizban wrote: »

M-M-M-My Sharona!

fag

2mong9u.jpg
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sup guys.

I want to vote for PotU... people who simply make votes/low post count are suspicious in my book.

But I'm going to !vote Squashua.

The whole out the noob thing has really got to stop, the last two times they have been innocents. You aren't that important Squashua, try helping someone out every now and then instead of announcing OMG NOOB PM'D ME, THAT MEANS I VOTE FOR HIM DUR DUR.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Sup guys.

I want to vote for PotU... people who simply make votes/low post count are suspicious in my book.

But I'm going to !vote Squashua.

The whole out the noob thing has really got to stop, the last two times they have been innocents. You aren't that important Squashua, try helping someone out every now and then instead of announcing OMG NOOB PM'D ME, THAT MEANS I VOTE FOR HIM DUR DUR.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN YOU HAVE

2mong9u.jpg
    edited August 2007
    I gave a reason for why my posting had slowed down.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I believe someone recently called you out for making posts with simply a vote as well as not posting until someone called you out on it and then posting.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Because my brother's here with his girlfriend, I like to sleep very long during summer, I'm playing Pokemon at the moment, I was playing Wurm, I have to go to driving school from Monday to Thursday and I had driving lessons on Tuesday and Wednesday. I started to post more because people began to vote for me and I didn't want to get killed or whatever.

Okay?

2mong9u.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Because my brother's here with his girlfriend, I like to sleep very long during summer, I'm playing Pokemon at the moment, I was playing Wurm, I have to go to driving school from Monday to Thursday and I had driving lessons on Tuesday and Wednesday. I started to post more because people began to vote for me and I didn't want to get killed or whatever.

Okay?

I won't suspect you if you trade with me.

There's nobody to unload Squirtle on now that Gabe is back home.

juggcat.jpg
    edited August 2007
    does wurm have worms in it

I need to know this

edited August 2007

Okay?

Dude, I didn't even vote for you. Your defensiveness is very suspicious now.

You aren't helping your case.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Sara Lynn wrote: »

I need to know this

No, it's some free sandboxy MMORPG where you die all the time and can't fight back unless you give everyone 5 blowjobs a month.

2mong9u.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, PotU is being suspicious, but I'm still questioning Squash just tossing a poor vanilla under a bus.

edited August 2007

I need to know this

No, it's some free sandboxy MMORPG where you die all the time and can't fight back unless you give everyone 5 blowjobs a month.

...W-What?

juggcat.jpg
    edited August 2007
    I haven't been posting much either, I'll tell you what I've been doing if you ask me

otherwise I don't give a shit

I know I'm not the only person that isn't extremely active

edited August 2007
    For example, Dave the Rave

whooooooooops.jpg

edited August 2007
    Fizban wrote: »

I need to know this

...W-What?

If you're gay you must not give everyone 5 blowjobs a month.

I'm sorry.

2mong9u.jpg
    edited August 2007

Okay?

Dude, I didn't even vote for you. Your defensiveness is very suspicious now.

You aren't helping your case.

Of course I'm being defensive. Everyone who wants to win this game would be.

2mong9u.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Tossrock - He was a Slytherin. There's a pretty good chance he WOULD have become evil at some point down the line. You are a hero for stopping him from getting to that point.

PoTU - That sounds complicated.

juggcat.jpg
    edited August 2007
    !retract Squash

!vote darkseid

edited August 2007
    ooh kovak is saving squash

:O

edited August 2007
    well

actually

sort of just untying the huge 1v1v1 vote down at the bottom

that includes me

thanks to

you

• SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    Man, PotU is being suspicious, but I'm still questioning Squash just tossing a poor vanilla under a bus.
    preview_triple_decker_bus.jpg

Deguello wrote:
    Nintendo set up a DS buffet and all the third parties went to the PSP Diner. The Diner came down with a case of botulism and everybody wonders why Nintendo is fat when they return.
This discussion has been closed.