As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Christopher Walken's dilemma: A question for all times...

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    It's okay to stop when you're driving

people are dumbasses but they're probably not going to be unable to react if some kid brakes a little hard in front of them or whatever.

Also the key to good driving is overreacting to everything

if a dude cuts you off on the freeway you best be throwin' a fit

Oh for fuck's sake. Don't listen to this man. If you drive like this get off the fucking road and practice in a parking lot, industrial park or (in my case) mental hospital complex. You need to get used to driving around first before you start driving on busy streets, jumping on your breaks or blocking traffic.

I learned how to drive, as I said, in a mental hospital. My father brought me there and the whole place was like a model town complete with stop signs, yeild signs, one-way streets and parking lots but NO CARS as it used to be some kind of university and has been converted into a facility for mentally troubled persons, who were mostly inside their buildings. Once I seemed to get the hang of it my father told me to drive back home on the main road and I improved from there.

Don't learn from your mother. Moms can't turn off that part of their brain that wants to protect their baby. They are going to tell you to drive 10mph under the limit, stop and wave cars through when you have the right of way and are going to want you to hit the breaks a good 200 feet before you approach a stop-light (and hiss when they think you're stopping too short). There are teachers that can help you and friends/siblings, which I'm sure would be more than happy. My friend helped me learn manual transmission and it was a very pleasant and calm experience.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    of course you have to start learning to drive in a goddamn parking lot

i just meant that he doesn't have to be so nervous about driving because he's going to make mistakes and they will probably not be fatal

i was serious about the overreacting thing though

if you are in a line of cars and the light turns yellow and you are the first one that didn't make it through you should get out and start screaming at the guy behind you

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    The hell would you want a tail for?

Wouldn't it just make you horribly off balance?

What? Are you serious?

a tail is like a butt arm

endless possibilities with buttarms

Nuzak on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    I learned how to drive, as I said, in a mental hospital.

O_o

*opens mouth to speak*

Nevermind.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I don't get your reasoning. If you're at a light that goes red before you can get through... you go road-rage on the guy behind you? This will either get you beat to shit, reported to the cops or just looked at like the asshole you are.

Maybe I'm not getting the context but the worst I ever do to people on the road is honk at them. I don't need the bullshit that comes with overreacting and acting like a fucking asshole. There are enough people that do that already.

to Larlar: I explained it. It was a close-by and very excellent place to learn.
    Another good place would be a quiet, residential neighborhood so long as you keep an eye out for kids and pets.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    or maybe you're taking him too seriously

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't get your reasoning. If you're at a light that goes red before you can get through... you go road-rage on the guy behind you? This will either get you beat to shit, reported to the cops or just looked at like the asshole you are.

Maybe I'm not getting the context but the worst I ever do to people on the road is honk at them. I don't need the bullshit that comes with overreacting and acting like a fucking asshole. There are enough people that do that already.

I uh

I'm pretty sure he's not serious, man

Green on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Looks like they let you out of the mental hospital a bit too soon.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    denmmurraydenmmurray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Green wrote: »

I uh

I'm pretty sure he's not serious, man

....or is he...

denmmurray on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i just want to point out
    if youre not driving a manual
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    zoolander is full of stupid and fail

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Zoolander wrote: »
    i just want to point out
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

I drive an automatic and I don't consider myself a pussy...just because I don't use a clutch doesn't automatically strip me of my manhood...

I assume you're the type that believes the bigger the car/truck the bigger the man?

denmmurray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    denmmurray wrote: »
    i just want to point out
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

just because I don't use a clutch doesn't automatically strip me of my manhood...
    maybe you should read the car manual again

Zoolander on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yes, Kantankeris, I was being very genuine when I said that you should throw fits on the freeway and scream at people while you're waiting for a green.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I tried driving my VCR manual to work yesterday but it wouldn't let me in.

hahaha I suck

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    Looks like they let you out of the mental hospital a bit too soon.

They didn't let me out. I snuck out in the garbage among the empty packages of peanut-butter crackers and prescription bottles.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    orikae I too am petrified of driving

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yes, Kantankeris, I was being very genuine when I said that you should throw fits on the freeway and scream at people while you're waiting for a green.

I still don't quite get you sir.

This seems a silly thing to do.

Explain further.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    i just want to point out
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

just because I don't use a clutch doesn't automatically strip me of my manhood...

well...from what I can see between my legs, it hasn't happened...and what's there is still bigger than any stick shift I've ever seen.

denmmurray on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i just want to point out
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

well...from what I can see between my legs, it hasn't happened...and what's there is still bigger than any stick shift I've ever seen.
    I can tell you'll do well here

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    I just want to add that if your definition of what is and is not a man is predicated on what type of transmission you have in your vehicle, your life is probably a shallow and miserable one.

It’s all about the mustache.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i just want to point out
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

driving automatic isn't driving

you are just the meat puppet

cut out the middleman and just let the car drive itself you automatic fag

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    i just want to point out
    youre not driving at all
    you giant pussy

I can tell you'll do well here
    we better alert celery, someone's trying to hit on wam

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I just want to add that if your definition of what is and is not a man is predicated on what type of transmission you have in your vehicle, your life is probably a shallow and miserable one.

Precisely...I'm going for the Paul-Rudd-In-Anchorman-Look:

anchorman_dvd_screengrab.jpg

denmmurray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what

no they're not

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    I tried driving my VCR manual to work yesterday but it wouldn't let me in.

hahaha I suck
    do they still pay you by the pun

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I still don't quite get you sir.

This seems a silly thing to do.

Explain further.

Well when I'm getting ready for a long road trip, I start off by drinking a pint of moonshine and having a BLT. Then when I'm getting in the car I sit down and meditate for six minutes and then smoke just like five dimes of PCP in a row and then drive with my knees, operating the pedals with a broomstick and nothing else

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    behold

Burt-Reynolds-Photograph-C12141661.jpeg
    awesome

mr-bean.jpg
    less awesome

lemmy781303by6.jpg
    way awesome

michael_bolton2.jpg
    way not

mustache.jpg
    rad awesome

kanan2.jpg
    hahaha kill yourself

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Precisely...I'm going for the Paul-Rudd-In-Anchorman-Look:

anchorman_dvd_screengrab.jpg

my dad had that same mustache all through the 70s

it is balls awesome

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    once I dated a guy who had sXe tattooed on the inside of his lower fucking lip

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    automatic drivers are all 'ooh look at me, im too stupid and gay to drive a real car'

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

hahahaha you suck so bad for admitting that

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I didn't even know!

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    oh god WaM you date idiots

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    automatic drivers are all 'ooh look at me, im too stupid and gay to drive a real car'

your priorities are all fucked up

Mustache.JPG

this is what makes a man

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

as opposed to "Look at me, I've got a male model as an avatar to make people think I'm trying to be funny...when I'm actually just very deep in the closet..."

I imagine you probably drive a manual Geo-Metro...

denmmurray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

If you didn't break up with him right when you found that out, I've lost like 120 pounds of raw beefy respect for you. We'd be venturing into negative beef territory.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have decided not to drive, because I am a sissy and far too scared of hurting someone.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I didn't even know!
    "Oh hey, you wanna see my tattoo? Check this shit out?"

"God, it's like you're allergic to pussy or something. I'm out."

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    hell no I didn't find out till after I dumped his ass (on my birthday)

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png