As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

xbox 360: now hdmi flavored

BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811669p1.html
article wrote:
A Microsoft representative confirmed the news to IGN today. "We are offering an HDMI port for Xbox 360 simply as another choice in Xbox 360 owners' games and entertainment experience. Retailers are gradually introducing HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s into the channel to meet demand."

so it looks like the elite is no longer the only hdmi option for microsoft consumers. the article goes on to say that the hdmi consoles are manufactured after july 4th, 2007.

my question: i wonder if i get a replacement 360 for the broken box i shipped today will have the hdmi port. i hope so, im saving up for an hd tv.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
BaronVonSnakPak on

• YouWannaPieceOfMeBoyYouWannaPieceOfMeBoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's not really that much of a difference.

YouWannaPieceOfMeBoy on
    Burger King > This Post
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Burtletoy on
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've found the same thing, at least on my 720p set. Component on the PS3 and HDMI looks identical. The difference is probably more noticeable at 1080p and on a large TV, I figure.

Graviija on
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hear you can get higher definitions.

FreddyD on
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    I hear you can get higher definitions.

Is that right?

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    OP: you're late

cynics: HDMI isnt about the better quality of the signal for the 1000000th time, or even the audio and video in one cable bonus, it's about the restrictions on protected content and how you can only upscale DVDs or view HDDVDs at 1080p with it

scheisse

Deusfaux on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yup. All HDMI gets you that you can't do with component is the ability to watch DVDs and HDDVDs in resolutions above 480p.

However you can do all that through VGA already.

The main reason I personally grabbed an elite is the fact that, though my TV have a VGA port and will do 1920x1080 it looks kind of washed out and lacks the same amount of picture control as HDMI or component (my TV doesn't allow 1080p over component).

That and I had 3 fucking HDMI ports with a whole lot of nothing connected to them. :P

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
This discussion has been closed.