As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I like 'em furry (Pet Thread)(NSF56K)

• Options
    AbsenceofLightAbsenceofLight Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just got a Miniature Schnauzer puppy over the weekend. My wife was on a Norse mythology kick and decided we should name him Thor. The little guy is really starting to grow on me. He even made me break my own rule about not sleeping in the bed with us.

AbsenceofLight on
    Possessed+Shell.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The only thing that put me off about that was the fear my blankets would start smelling like dog.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    ThrackThrack Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is Beaky. He is a Nanday Conure. He is loud and temperamental and but he can also be extremely cute and cuddly.
    IMG_0030-1.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg

Thrack on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    The only thing that put me off about that was the fear my blankets would start smelling like dog.
    The trick is to make sure you have a stronger odor.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RecklessReckless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Briareos wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Lots of awesome Joxer pix:

I never get tired of pictures of your dog. He is an awesome dog.

He is very photogenic.

While scrolling down, I started to notice he was getting younger. I became legitimately worried that if I continued to scroll he would become un-born.

Reckless on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ahh, than it should work out, for I smell like cinnamon and ambrosia.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Thrack wrote: »
    IMG_0261.jpg

A bird in the crotch is worth two in the bush.

Or something like that.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Reckless wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    Briareos wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Lots of awesome Joxer pix:

I never get tired of pictures of your dog. He is an awesome dog.

He is very photogenic.

While scrolling down, I started to notice he was getting younger. I became legitimately worried that if I continued to scroll he would become un-born.

Yeah, he's like Jonathan Winters on "Mork and Mindy". Joxer is the dog from Ork.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    snrubtext.jpg

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ThrackThrack Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    HOLY FUCKING UNIBROW
    unibrow.jpg

Thrack on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So guys

There's an adorable young looking cat sitting outside my screen door on the porch meowing at me.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    snrubtext.jpg

Man, I just watched that episode a few days ago.

You know, whenever I watch The Simpsons I think of you, LD.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    snrubtext.jpg

Man, I just watched that episode a few days ago.

You know, whenever I watch The Simpsons I think of you, LD.

As you should.

P.S. That is our new puppy and his name is Monty.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So guys

There's an adorable young looking cat sitting outside my screen door on the porch meowing at me.
    Lure it in with milk, throw away the tags, and take it out of the country.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thrack wrote: »
    HOLY FUCKING UNIBROW
    unibrow.jpg
    throwing up

One of the ways they punish you in Hell is by making you lick the middle of Frieda Cahlo's eyebrow.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Finally.

I got meself a kitty cat. My friend's brother's friend's cat had kittens, so last night, she brought it over. It's a beautiful little kitten, and she looks a bit like my last one. White furred, blue eyed, and with dark colored ears and tail (though instead of brown, it's grey). She's only 4 weeks old, so we might have to bottle feed her. She was skittish last night, but she's already quite playful and comfortable by now - I'll post pics as soon as you can. You know you wanna see the kittykat.

Ah, we are unsure as to wether name her Tequila or Chica - what do you think?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tequiza.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Chica sounds like a slut's name.

Perfect.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It means 'girl' in spanish, though it is also a oft used name in Brasil.

Hmm, I was thinking Tequila would be the more hilarious name...

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sigh. I love cats, they're awesome pets, but I'm allergic. Not so severely that I can't be around one at all. I just can't touch my face after I'd touched one, without washing my hands first. And it's a challenge to be in a house where cats are living, unless it's very breezy and kept pretty clean.

I heard from a friend of mine that, if you have the money, you can purchase a specific breed that doesn't produce the dander that causes allergies. That'd be totally awesome, but that's one of those situations where I'd be kinda pissed at getting one that isn't sweet and cuddly. I mean, you never know how an animal is going to turn out. I wouldn't wanna pay $500-1,000+ for a cat that turns out to have a shitty personality.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited August 2007
    It is possible to acclimate yourself to a particular cat. And if you plan on getting a cat like that ('dander-free'), get them older. Their disposition is already set, unlike a kitten who's playful nature may really be juvenile cruelty.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    But I like kittens. :(

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, there are some cats that never get too big. We had a cat, named Changita (Spanish: monkey) who never got real big. She looked like she was a 10 week old kitten her whole life.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Here's Chloe. My fiancee, Gabby, got her from the shelter a few years ago. We guess she's about 8 years old or so. She's really cool. She'll have kitten-style weird outs every once in a while, and loves to chase ribbons and dangly things (like shoelaces).
    IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0039-1.jpg
    I'm a little worried about her though. It's cut down lately, but when she moved in with us a few months ago, she was puking up a lot of hairballs, and vomiting a fair bit for no discernible reason. We started giving her anti-hairball treats, and it seems to be better, but not gone completely. yeah, worries me, the inexperienced pet owner. Also worries me: the fact that she's got this mass in her cheek. Seriously, it's like the size of a super-ball! Apparently she's had it since before Gabby got Chloe, and the vet's never been worried about it. But when I've got a killer case of Catonlap (get it?), and I'm petting her and feel it, it freaks me the fuck out.

PS To throw it back a few pages: How come there was no SJPAX when I lived there? Willow Glen in the hizouse!

chromdom on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Sigh. I love cats, they're awesome pets, but I'm allergic. Not so severely that I can't be around one at all. I just can't touch my face after I'd touched one, without washing my hands first. And it's a challenge to be in a house where cats are living, unless it's very breezy and kept pretty clean.

I heard from a friend of mine that, if you have the money, you can purchase a specific breed that doesn't produce the dander that causes allergies. That'd be totally awesome, but that's one of those situations where I'd be kinda pissed at getting one that isn't sweet and cuddly. I mean, you never know how an animal is going to turn out. I wouldn't wanna pay $500-1,000+ for a cat that turns out to have a shitty personality.

When I was up at my grandma's, my sister was petting a cat and she says that she's allergic to cats, well, in a brilliant move, after petting the cat for about 30 minutes she started to complain about how her eyes were itching, after which she proceeded to rub her eyes with the same hand she'd been petting the cat with.

Bold strategy.

I think after going up there for 28 years she would learn not to do that, but whatever. She was pretty miserable for the rest of the day.

edit: chromdom, rub vaseline on your cat's lips if they're having a problem with hairballs. i'm fairly certain that's supposed to help.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Finally.

I got meself a kitty cat. My friend's brother's friend's cat had kittens, so last night, she brought it over. It's a beautiful little kitten, and she looks a bit like my last one. White furred, blue eyed, and with dark colored ears and tail (though instead of brown, it's grey). She's only 4 weeks old, so we might have to bottle feed her. She was skittish last night, but she's already quite playful and comfortable by now - I'll post pics as soon as you can. You know you wanna see the kittykat.

Why did they separate the kitten from the mother at such a young age?

chromdom wrote: »
    I'm a little worried about her though. It's cut down lately, but when she moved in with us a few months ago, she was puking up a lot of hairballs, and vomiting a fair bit for no discernible reason. We started giving her anti-hairball treats, and it seems to be better, but not gone completely. yeah, worries me, the inexperienced pet owner. Also worries me: the fact that she's got this mass in her cheek. Seriously, it's like the size of a super-ball! Apparently she's had it since before Gabby got Chloe, and the vet's never been worried about it. But when I've got a killer case of Catonlap (get it?), and I'm petting her and feel it, it freaks me the fuck out.

The puking could just be stress induced, but I would take her to your vet just to be sure. Same with the facial mass. It sounds like she doesn't seem to mind it. Does she rub it a lot, or shy away when you touch it? It doesn't sound like she's hiding a lot, or excessively vocal or irritable, but I would still take her in, just to put your minds at ease. Its better to know WHAT it is, even if its non-life threatening.

arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Finally.

Ah, we are unsure as to wether name her Tequila or Chica - what do you think?

Always minimize syllables; it facilitates learning.

Squashua on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    arithena wrote: »
    Finally.

Why did they separate the kitten from the mother at such a young age?

chromdom wrote: »

The puking could just be stress induced, but I would take her to your vet just to be sure. Same with the facial mass. It sounds like she doesn't seem to mind it. Does she rub it a lot, or shy away when you touch it? It doesn't sound like she's hiding a lot, or excessively vocal or irritable, but I would still take her in, just to put your minds at ease. Its better to know WHAT it is, even if its non-life threatening.

Nah, she doesn't anything it. She treats it just like her normal cheek. But as she had it when she came out of the shelter, and has been seen by a couple different vets over the years, and she doesn't mind it, it's mainly just my hangup. And Gabby ain't worried about it, so...

DL: Vaseline on a cat's lips? Only thing I can think that would help would be the cat would be SURE I'm a weirdo, rather than occassionally thinking so when I drop a t-shirt on her, or cover her eyes with my socks.

... I don't do that ...

chromdom on
  • Options
    RainOPainRainOPain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, labs are pretty much the awesomest animals ever and anyone who disagrees probably sucks

RainOPain on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    RainOPain wrote: »
    So, labs are pretty much the awesomest animals ever and anyone who disagrees probably sucks

I can agree to this.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ch|och|o Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just got a Miniature Schnauzer puppy over the weekend. My wife was on a Norse mythology kick and decided we should name him Thor. The little guy is really starting to grow on me. He even made me break my own rule about not sleeping in the bed with us.

Very similar story to mine. We are currently living in Mexico so we named our mini schnauzer "Nahual": mexican wizards known for transforming into animals.

You should avoid letting him sleep in your bed, at least for a couple of weeks until he starts obeying your orders every time. We had some problems with Nahual because of this, he wouldn't listen to us, so the vet told us to limit his time in our bed. You always have to act like an authority figure, or your dog will gladly take that role.

ch|o on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That's what I like about cats. They don't believe in authority.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    When I was up at my grandma's, my sister was petting a cat and she says that she's allergic to cats, well, in a brilliant move, after petting the cat for about 30 minutes she started to complain about how her eyes were itching, after which she proceeded to rub her eyes with the same hand she'd been petting the cat with.

Bold strategy.

I think after going up there for 28 years she would learn not to do that, but whatever. She was pretty miserable for the rest of the day.

Pfft, dumbass. I guess we all learn sometime. It's amazing how quickly allergies can take you from feeling normal, to being congested, eyes watering and red, and start sneezing frequently. It doesn't ruin my whole day, but it'll fuck me up for a few hours.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited August 2007
    Huskies would disagree. And Huskies cannot suck. They're the bestest.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »

I have a Husky called Rocky.

Best Fucking Dog alive.

Odin on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My dog is the best dog. His name is Wicket, he is named after an ewok and is cool.

wicketvb9.jpg

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Odin wrote: »

Best Fucking Dog alive.
    I would get a Husky, but the hot summers over here could sort of cause it to... well, die.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Odin wrote: »

Best Fucking Dog alive.
    I would get a Husky, but the hot summers over here could sort of cause it to... well, die.

I have a sheltie

in florida

so uh

nah not really

just trim them in the summer months

PiptheFair on