Options

Fury, who has played it?

TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
So, some of you may remember hearing about this game, Fury, awhile back. It's supposed to be an entirely PvP-based MMO, essentially the PvP battlegrounds part of WoW or Guild Wars but with no PvE whatsoever. It sounded kind of neat, but I kind of forgot about it.

Then, I started building my new computer, and consequently browsing more PC gaming news. I tripped over this announcement about a giant tournament they are running soon. I don't expect to win big prizes, not against hardcore beta testers, but it looks like a good opportunity to jump in on the game. (I had actually signed up for the closed beta and got in, but go figure, the servers are closed while they get the new build ready.)

So anyway, all that aside, who has beta-ed this? Is it neat? I hear it's a pretty demanding game, but I also saw a forum post saying the "content build" they are preparing has a lot of performance improvements.

TuxedoHawk.png
TxdoHawk on

• Options
    SalboachaSalboacha Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I played one of the beta weekends a few weeks ago. I had a bunch of fun the first game, everyone in the game was at the same skill level.

After the "introduction" game it puts you in a city, and when you join games from there it dosent seem to group people in any way, so on my second fight I was getting rolled by people doing two times my damage with twice the health. I hope they fix this because i just got way pissed and quit playing.

When I wasnt up against someone twice my strength it was fun. No one works together though (much like wow). And I found it pretty dumb that they give you a bunch of items and abilities and you can equip like 6 abilities and a few items at the begining due to having low equip points.

Salboacha on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Salboacha wrote: »
    After the "introduction" game it puts you in a city, and when you join games from there it dosent seem to group people in any way, so on my second fight I was getting rolled by people doing two times my damage with twice the health. I hope they fix this because i just got way pissed and quit playing.

From what I've read, there is supposed to be better matchmaking that takes skill levels in mind sometime between now and the final game, but I have no clue when they plan on implementing it. (I'd hope they plan on having it in for this new build, as apparently this is the one that the tournament will be running on.)

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    SalboachaSalboacha Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lets hope so.

Salboacha on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    To me it just felt like you were running around casting "lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt" until either you or someone else died. And you probably won't be surprised how dull that becomes.

Rook on