Options

CD Burning

JimothyJimothy Not in front of the foxhe's with the owlRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So me and my sister both have enough of a conscience that we buy our music legally, but at the same time we have no problem copying each other's music. Unfortunately, ever since I got a laptop last summer, this has gotten difficult for some reason.

Every time she burns a CD for me, it's fine and I have a bigger collection. Every time I burn a CD for her, she gets one or two songs, and the rest is plagued with various problems. She said she even tried them in a CD player and they didn't work well.

We have a hunch that maybe my laptop formats something differently than our home computer, but I'm not really a computer person and wouldn't know what to look for. Has anyone else had this problem, or any ideas about what's happening?

Jimothy on

• Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    possibly a problem with the burner?

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You might be experiencing buffer overrun, especially if the burner is an older model. Try burning without doing anything while it's in progress. If you still experience problems with the CDs, I recommend switching programs. I got a few bad burns from WMP, but it never happened again when I decided to switch to Nero.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It could be a problem with your burner, but I would suspect that your burning software would let you know if it couldn't write properly. You don't notice any errors when you burn? Also, are you and your sister using the same brand of blank CDs? Not all CD-Rs are created equal, it usually doesn't pay to get the CHEAP cheapy CDs.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I burn using iTunes. That ought to be reliable, shouldn't it?

Yes, we use the same brand. The same pack, in fact.

The actual burner ought to be newer than the home computer's, since I bought my laptop new a year ago, and we got the computer about four years ago.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hate to bump my own thread, but I'd like a few more suggestions. I'm leaving for school Saturday and it'd be nice to get this taken care of.

Jimothy on