As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The actual number of US troops dead in Iraq: over 15,000

GoldAgainstTheSoulGoldAgainstTheSoul Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
WARNING! the site below has illegal graphic images of the dead.

http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2598.htm

George Orwell, ‘1984’

“Whether war is a necessary factor in the evolution of mankind may be disputed, but a fact which cannot be questioned is that, from the earliest records of man to the present age, war has been his dominant preoccupation. There has never been a period in human history altogether free from war, and seldom one of more than a generation which has not witnessed a major conflict: great wars flow and ebb almost as regularly as the tides. This becomes more noticeable when a civilization ages and begins to decay, as seemingly is happening to our world-wide industrial civilization. Whereas but a generation or two back, war was accepted as an instrument of policy, it has now become policy itself.”

General J.F.C. Fuller, 1954

The Bush/Cheney Butcher’s Bill: Officially, 51 US Military Deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan from 1 December 2006 –14 December 2006- Official Total of 3,233 US dead to date (and rising) The actual total of dead American military personnel is now over 15,000 and also rising, and the number of seriously wounded is now ca 27,000. It should be noted that the death toll in October, 2006, 112, was the highest to date. The previous highest number since the beginning of the war was 108 in 2005. An insurgent mortar attack on Camp Falcon in southern Baghdad on October 11-12, 2006 caused stored ammunition to explode and initial reports indicate over 300 officially unreported casualties, dead and wounded. Ed

Mr. President, why don’t you pull out…like your father should have? Brian Harring

Note: There is excellent reason to believe that the Department of Defense is deliberately not reporting a significant number of the dead in Iraq. We have received copies of manifests from the MATS that show far more bodies shipped into Dover AFP than are reported officially. The actual death toll is in excess of 10,000. (See the official records at the end of this piece.) Given the officially acknowledged number of over 15,000 seriously wounded (and a published total of 25,000 wounded overall,), this elevated death toll is far more realistic than the current 2,000+ now being officially published. When our research is complete, and watertight, we will publish the results along with the sources In addition to the evident falsification of the death rolls, at least 5,500 American military personnel have deserted, most in Ireland but more have escaped to Canada and other European countries, none of whom are inclined to cooperate with vengeful American authorities. (See TBR News of 18 February for full coverage on the mass desertions) This means that of the 158,000 U.S. military shipped to Iraq, 26,000 deserted, were killed or seriously wounded. The DoD lists currently being very quietly circulated indicate over12,000 dead, over 25,000 seriously wounded and a large number of suicides, forced hospitalization for ongoing drug usage and sales, murder of Iraqi civilians and fellow soldiers, rapes, courts martial and so on –

The government gets away with these huge lies because they claim, falsely, that only soldiers actually killed on the ground in Iraq are reported. The dying and critically wounded are listed as en route to military hospitals outside of the country and not reported on the daily postings. Anyone who dies just as the transport takes off from the Baghdad airport is not listed and neither are those who die in the US military hospitals. Their families are certainly notified that their son, husband, brother or lover was dead and the bodies, or what is left of them (refrigeration is very bad in Iraq what with constant power outages) are shipped home, to Dover AFB. This, we note, was the overall policy until very recently. Since it became well known that many had died at Landstuhl, in Germany, the DoD began to list a very few soldiers who had died at other non-theater locations. These numbers are only for show and are pathetically small in relationship to the actual figures. You ought to realize that President Bush personally ordered that no pictures be taken of the coffined and flag-draped dead under any circumstances. He claims that this is to comfort the bereaved relatives but is designed to keep the huge number of arriving bodies secret. Any civilian, or military personnel, taking pictures will be jailed at once and prosecuted. Bush has never attended any kind of a memorial service for his dead soldiers and never will. He is terrified some parent might curse him in front of the press or, worse, attack him. As Bush is a terrible physical coward and in a constant state of denial, this is not a surprise.

All I can say is wow.
Does this not piss you off?

GoldAgainstTheSoul on

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

Not really, it makes me want to see his substantiation of the claims.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    All I can say is wow.

because the bush administration hasn't shown any examples of trying to control the media to keep support of the war?

why don't you compare your copies of the flight manifests to his.

send him an email, i'm sure he won't mind schooling you.

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    About Us wrote:
    What is TBRnews?

TBRnews is a compendium of political articles, many gathered from prestigious foreign sources as well as from American news web postings.

The name, TBRnews, originally came from the Barnes Review magazine and the site began as a listing of historical books.

Under different management, it eventually progressed to a twice-weekly posting covering national and international news.

We have been accused of being neo-Nazis, Communists, anti-Semites, Christian haters, certainly not Bush friendly and guilty of treason, aggravated mopery, theft of mattress tags from cheap motels, chronic jaywalking and disturbers of the political peace.

I run this site all by myself with a little help from various friends, both inside and outside of the Beltway.

The articles not otherwise credited are usually written by myself although I do not take credit for them. The articles speak for themselves and I do not believe in beating my own drum as so many other journalists seem to enjoy doing. The message is always important; not so the messenger.

I try to answer reasonable mail and encourage the reading public to submit articles of interest. I am known to publish pieces that I do not personally agree with but which I feel are well-written and worth reading.

Contrary to the hysterical views of rabid trailer park Bush supporters, I was not suckled by a werewolf and I am not a member of the far left. In point of fact, I am a very disillusioned moderate Republican whose family were bankers, brokers and CEOs of various nice companies.

There does not seem to be much moderation left after the Bush people finished polarizing the electorate.

We also put out a wonderful electronic journal every Friday. It costs five dollars a month and one can easily subscribe, or unsubscribe, via PayPal at any time. (click here) The Journal contains more serious articles and at the present time, we have slightly over 900 subscribers. We do not take advertisements because we enjoy going after firms like WalMart with its wonderful community spirit and superior employment policies.

If we took advertising, we would be in the identical position of most major American media; right in the pocket of the advertisers. Large corporations advertise in papers. This is what makes a profit for the papers (and for television.) Large corporations, in this era, are active and cash-contributing Republicans.

The conclusions are obvious here.

Walter Storch

Fair and balanced!

...so here's a thought. In this age of newfangled Interbutts and cellphones and such, how is it that the families of 12,000 soldiers haven't noticed that their child/parent/spouse hasn't contacted them for months?

Oh, right, because this is almost certainly a steaming pile of bullshit served up in a crackpot. I mean, crockpot.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, like, since when exactly has the number of dead actually meant anything...?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

Also, is it still forbidden for the American media to show pictures of returning flag draped coffins from Iraq and Afghanistan?

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There's this paper they give deployed forces overseas called The Stars and Stripes. They keep a running tally of the dead on page three and post the names of the recently dead along with the numbers. Whenever someone you know has died you can be assured their name will show up.

That number has not hit 15k.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Fair and balanced!

...so here's a thought. In this age of newfangled Interbutts and cellphones and such, how is it that the families of 12,000 soldiers haven't noticed that their child/parent/spouse hasn't contacted them for months?

Oh, right, because this is almost certainly a steaming pile of bullshit served up in a crackpot. I mean, crockpot.

ha! you should get a job working for bill o'rly, spewing bs on the internets.

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Okay, that's kind of a stupid question.

People are already pissed off at 3,000+ dead. At 15,000 dead, there'd probably be rioting in the streets, especially if it turned out that the government was covering up 12,000 deaths.

I speak entirely in hypotheticals, you understand.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

because the bush administration hasn't shown any examples of trying to control the media to keep support of the war?

That is proof of his claims how, exactly?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    There's this paper they give deployed forces overseas called The Stars and Stripes. They keep a running tally of the dead on page three and post the names of the recently dead along with the numbers. Whenever someone you know has died you can be assured their name will show up.

That number has not hit 15k.

wow.
    ok the stars and stripes is run by the military.

if bush can manipulate every major media outlet not owned by the military........

again, they don't count those who die en route to german as "dying in iraq" so they wouldn't post them in that paper either.

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    People keep predicting riots over gas prices, too. I don't see people being more upset actually -mattering-.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

Well trying to 100 percent prove anything in a war zone is pretty hard. The first casualty of war is truth right?

Point is, there is more evidence that this would be accurate than evidence that it wouldn't.

if it bothers you so much try to disprove it yourself.

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Fair and balanced!

ha! you should get a job working for bill o'rly, spewing bs on the internets.
    This is an interesting comment, considering that my politics could probably be fairly described as slightly to the left of Dennis Kucinich.

Do you have anything intelligent to say, or does your repertoire consist only of posting articles full of unsubstantiated claims and making stupid jokes related to Fox News hosts?

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ok the stars and stripes is run by the military.

if bush can manipulate every major media outlet not owned by the military........

again, they don't count those who die en route to german as "dying in iraq" so they wouldn't post them in that paper either.
    O_o

No, no it's not. And they do report the ones en route to Germany. Believe me, I know this for a fact.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

People are already pissed off at 3,000+ dead. At 15,000 dead, there'd probably be rioting in the streets, especially if it turned out that the government was covering up 12,000 deaths.

It's less the number of deaths that pisses people off as it is the period of time over which those deaths have occurred and during which nothing has changed. If the war cost 15k lives but everything became flowers and lollipops support for the war would still be high. It's the constant lack of any tangible advancement that's the issue.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

Well trying to 100 percent prove anything in a war zone is pretty hard. The first casualty of war is truth right?

Point is, there is more evidence that this would be accurate than evidence that it wouldn't.

I take it you aren't familiar with the concept of the "burden of proof".

Hint: It's on you.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007

It's less the number of deaths that pisses people off as it is the period of time over which those deaths have occurred and during which nothing has changed. If the war cost 15k lives but everything became flowers and lollipops support for the war would still be high. It's the constant lack of any tangible advancement that's the issue.

I didn't think that needed to be said; we're clearly talking about everything else being equal, just the casualty numbers changing.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    People keep predicting riots over gas prices, too. I don't see people being more upset actually -mattering-.

if it was 10 dollars a gallon you'd see that.

it's currently 2.70 where i live, and never got over 3 something.

but i digress.

surely any of you can see what bush has to gain by keeping military deaths as narrowly defined as possible.

it doesn't take that much reasoning power.

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Then show it.

You have the burden of proof, not me. Now let's see that evidence. (Here's a hint, calling Bush a liar is not actually evidence.)

moniker on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    surely any of you can see what bush has to gain by keeping military deaths as narrowly defined as possible.

This isn't the issue though.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

I take it you aren't familiar with the concept of the "burden of proof".

Hint: It's on you.

famous last words of a person who is uneducated and uninformed.

just because you're lazy and unwilling to see the facts doesn't mean you should spread your crap opinions over the internet.

I think if somebody has gone to this much trouble to research the death tolls, and compared manifests that they know more about this issue than a troll on pennyarcade.com.

or would you only believe him if there was a picture of the guy with the manifests to prove he actually saw them?

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is wow.

why don't you compare your copies of the flight manifests to his.

send him an email, i'm sure he won't mind schooling you.

This reminds me of the 9/11 conspiracy tinfoil hat people. Who simultaneously hold that bush is a total idiot and simultaneously engineered the greatest coverup in the history of the world.

Gee my son is over in Iraq and hasn't called me in 4 years i wonder where he is? Not like anyone would notice 13,000 missing dead soldiers... where are they buried under the sound stage where they faked the moon landing?

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Ah, yes, the old "If you don't believe my unsubstantiated claims, you must be stupid" argument. How I've missed you.

Just because someone could benefit from a deception doesn't mean that that deception is occurring; in this case, I don't believe this particular deception is even feasible for them to attempt.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I'm sure you can also see what he would have to gain by using his mind control power to prevent the Illuminati from attacking the space lizards who have provided for him and put him in the white house. It doesn't take all that much reasoning power, but feel free to try and disprove it.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

if it was 10 dollars a gallon you'd see that.

it's currently 2.70 where i live, and never got over 3 something.

but i digress.

It got to $4, here. And the most that happened was people made jokes about it.

Sure, he has a bit to gain.

But unless we're actually being -defeated-, nobody cares.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I still want to know how the S&S managed to not report 12,000 buddies of people over there.

Quid on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I'm sure you can also see what he would have to gain by using his mind control power to prevent the Illuminati from attacking the space lizards who have provided for him and put him in the white house. It doesn't take all that much reasoning power, but feel free to try and disprove it.
    If he has mind control powers, why did he need the space lizards to put him in the white house? Duh!

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what do you mean by miss 13,000 dead troops exactly?

you have the ability to track information that is hidden from you?
    didn't think so.

it's not that they are dead and not coming back, or that their familys don't know their dead, its that the number is being misreported.

what your saying would be as sensible as every military family in the country calling each other to count the bodies and then calling you personally to let you know.

think before you type plz.

GoldAgainstTheSoul on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    mrflippy wrote: »

If he has mind control powers, why did he need the space lizards to put him in the white house? Duh!

Having a secret that big spill is more risky than letting the truth be known.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    famous last words of a person who is uneducated and uninformed.

just because you're lazy and unwilling to see the facts doesn't mean you should spread your crap opinions over the internet.

I think if somebody has gone to this much trouble to research the death tolls, and compared manifests that they know more about this issue than a troll on pennyarcade.com.

or would you only believe him if there was a picture of the guy with the manifests to prove he actually saw them?

...so what I get out of this is, "No, Mr. Practice, I don't know what 'burden of proof' is! Could you 'splain it for me?"

Well, Billy, when somebody makes any positive claim, such as "The sky is blue" or "Pennies are made out of copper" or "Evil Broccoli Monsters are planning the overthrow of human civilization", it is his responsibility to provide evidence for the claim. This is known as the "burden of proof". It is not the province of the opponent to have to prove that pennies are not made out of copper or that broccoli monsters really just want to get along peaceably with their human neighbors, any more than it is their responsibility to prove that the Invisible Pink Unicorn doesn't exist.

"Gee Willikers, Mr. Practice! I had no idea! No wonder I'm acting like such an idiot, and making non sequitirs comprised mostly of somewhat bizarre insults!"

Yes, Billy. And you know what that means.

"Oh no, not the Iron Maiden again!"

Only for half an hour this time, Billy.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    mrflippy wrote: »

Because they control the newspapers and corporations that fund politicians and thus bend them to the space lizard will. Also, they have psychic shields.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what your saying would be as sensible as every military family in the country calling each other to count the bodies and then calling you personally to let you know.

You understand what happens when people in the military die, right? Money is disbursed, honors are given, multiple relatives are contacted by the government, etc etc. More so the family receives a report as to what happened.

Now, if what you're saying is true, then there are 12k families out there who don't care about any of that.

Quid on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay. I feel stupider for reading this thread. Thanks a LOT.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Quid wrote: »

You understand what happens when people in the military die, right? Money is disbursed, honors are given, multiple relatives are contacted by the government, etc etc. More so the family receives a report as to what happened.

Now, if what you're saying is true, then there are 12k families out there who don't care about any of that.
    Actually, I think he's saying there's 12,000 families who aren't worried that they've had no contact with their soldier for umpteen weeks.

Either that, or al-Qaeda managed to kill only bachelor orphans of the Army.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Even if it were true, it's still a pretty good kill ratio.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Does he have a point about people dying out-of-country as a result of injuries failing to be reported in the "official number"? What about suicides or people who die in, say, traffic accidents in-country or whatever.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Even if it were true, it's still a pretty good kill ratio.

Too bad our dudes keep getting fragged, or they'd get the M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!!!!

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Isn't there a group for the families of dead soldiers, that would know if someone is dead or not according to the official count? Don't you think at some point, they would be contacted by the family of an "unreported death", look at the list and say "you're not on here", and then we'd hear about it? Especially with 12,000 soldier's families being such a potential problem?

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Either that, or al-Qaeda managed to kill only bachelor orphans of the Army.

Troop Annie really wasn't very well trained.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    CasketCasket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Sensationalist bullshit thread. That site shows *one* dead, and it doesn't even look like a soldier. And then a picture of 50 coffins.

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
This discussion has been closed.