As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Princess Help AKA Why won't my sword go in the hole?

SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren EllisRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so I've been running through Twilight Princess on the Wii and have experienced little to no problems....until now. I'm at the part just before
The Temple of Time
and (as I've learned from consulting a walkthrough) I need to stick
the master sword back in the the pedestal it was stuck in originally. Here's the thing, it won't let me do it. I've tried and tried and it just won't happen, in fact it doesn't even seem like I can interact with that point.

Am I missing something here? Is my game borked?

SatanIsMyMotor on

• Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    For some reason I thought this thread was related to sex.

ege02 on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm just copying and pasting from IGN's walkthrough
    IGN wrote:
    It looks like the Skull Kid is back and annoying as ever. Dispose of his Skeleton minions with your spin attacks, and then search the cavern for the kid. Listen for the trumpet and look for the light given off by his lantern to find where he is. Make sure you have some arrows handy (defeat the enemies if you some refills) as one of his hideout’s is atop a tree. After three hits, he’ll retreat to an area with several platforms. When he appears, shoot him with an arrow to force him to a different platform. During each phase, he’ll unleash several enemies to hunt you down, but if you shoot the skull kid quick enough, the baddies won’t even be a factor. Once he’s been pelted by three arrows, he’ll reveal a secret entrance leading to the Temple.

Push the block out of the way and then drop onto it and follow the path into the area below and proceed north to the pedestal where you obtained the Master Sword. Strike it with your Sword to make a statue disappear near the entrance, which leads into the Temple of Time.

As you head toward the door, you’ll be ambushed by five Twilight creatures. Defeat them with Human Link’s spin attacks, or Wolf Link’s Energy Shield and proceeds back up the path you came from and enter the Temple of Time.
    So just hit the pedestal, not put in sword back in.

http://guides.ign.com/guides/748589/page_24.html

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    For some reason I thought this thread was related to sex.

Huh.

Can't imagine how.

Aydr on
  • Options
    blue powderblue powder Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Metaphors of sword and hole, perhaps?

blue powder on
  • Options
    blue powderblue powder Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, dude, are you sure you're even upto that part yet?You go to this area several times, for two differant reasons. The problem with walkthroughs is that you can get off track. Speak with Midna and see what she says.

I'm pretty sure the game wouldn't be fucked.

blue powder on
  • Options
    DustyBottomsDustyBottoms Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I seem to remember a friend of mine having an issue with the same spot. He was rather embarrassed when he figured out what the problem was. I don't know if you'll have the same issue but it might be worth a check.
    Make sure you actually have the Master Sword equipped, not the older sword. That was his problem.

Hope that helps.

DustyBottoms on
    828636-1.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's not the size of the sword, it's how you swing it.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I seem to remember a friend of mine having an issue with the same spot. He was rather embarrassed when he figured out what the problem was. I don't know if you'll have the same issue but it might be worth a check.
    Make sure you actually have the Master Sword equipped, not the older sword. That was his problem.

Hope that helps.

Ummm...yep...that was it...nothing to see here folks. Move along...

Thanks for the help.

SatanIsMyMotor on