As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor/Xbox360 issue

NorayNoray Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, I have a slight problem I hope you guys can help me with. I recently got an XBOX360, and I hooked it up to my monitor, a Samsung Syncmaster 931BW. It's a 19 inch flatpanel with a native resolution of 1440x900. The problem is, the 360 only supports 16:9 resolutions, and my monitor is a 16:10. As a result, the image is slightly stretched, and while it doesn't look horrible by any means, it's not as sharp as it could be. I heard the XBOX360 uses small black borders on 16:10 monitors, but I've looked in the settings of both the 360 and my monitor's menu, but I can't find anything for this. I hope someone knows a solution!

Also, as an aside, when I use DVI to connect my PC to my monitor (as opposed to VGA, which I use now), I can't select any resolution higher than 1125x864, which looks pretty shitty. If I could get DVI to work properly for my PC, I wouldn't have to switch the cables for the 360 and the PC all the time. But I'm not really expecting an answer to this since no one seems to know this problem. Just figured I'd give it a shot.

Thanks guys!

Noray on

• Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    can I bump this for a possible fix?

Also, in case it matters, I'm using a 3rd party Logic3 (I think) VGA cable because I couldn't find an official one.

Noray on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think you need to ask your television not to stretch the image.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg