As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who was at Gameworks tonight?

TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Thursday night 9-12 $10 freeplay was awesome. Holler if you enjoyed it!

TrainwreckX on

• Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Woot. I spent the majority of the time at the drummania machine, in the white shirt.

I had no idea Gameworks had a brand new DM machine. That's awesome.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    They also just got Guitar Freaks 11th Mix (they had like 2nd or 3rd for years).

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    BacksliderBackslider Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Got there around 10ish. I was on the Pop'n Music machine majority of the time. I was wearing a green shirt and a green hat.

Backslider on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I remember for fun picking the hardest song available on the old GF, and it was not really a challenge at all.

I tried The Least 100 Seconds on GF11, and it was D:

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was there from about 9:30 till 11. Was pretty great.

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was there for a few minutes... I had an old card to play with for a while and then saw the line outside and realized that this shit was gonna be crazy.

So I went and got drunk somewhere.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    They also just got Guitar Freaks 11th Mix (they had like 2nd or 3rd for years).

Worse, it was *first mix*. VERY few songs, huge jump from Normal to Expert. And one of the guitars was usually dead, or if not dead the knob changing its sound would randomly switch.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was there for the entire unlimited play time. I was wearing a black pinstripe shirt and a green Jameson's tam turned backwards. I fluttered around, played a little Drummania and Guitar Freaks (I almost beat Dragon Blade on Extreme), played some Tekken (sadly wasn't much competition, save one guy that brought his PS controller), near the end of the night I rotated play with Recruit and some others on Taiko Drum Master.

All in all, it was a damn fun evening.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KaneKane Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I love the fact that on Taiko Drum Master one set of sticks has been replaced by thick wooden dowels. Like hitting the drum with a small tree. Feels good.

Kane on
  • Options
    DrakkenDrakken Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was there.

It was actually kind of disappointing, a good chunk of the games either didnt work at all, or were in poor repair. I was playing House of the Dead 2, and no matter where I pointed the left gun, it only fired in the upper corner. Time Crisis didnt work at all. Left gun didnt vibrate on LA Machineguns. One of the guns was completely missing on HotD 4, etc etc... Bummer.

The best games they had were the Afterburner game on the lower level, Deer Hunter, and Ghost Squad.

Drakken on
  • Options
    MagicallyStupidMagicallyStupid Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was at Gameworks yesterday, i won a Donkey Kong Mario Kart RC car, and discovered the joy of banging Taiko drums to the super mario bros theme.

What a country.

MagicallyStupid on
    My sig can beat up your sig!
  • Options
    smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was there untill 11ish. I had a black diggnation shirt on and green cargo shorts.

smes on
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was there wearing my Half-Life shirt and general Mall Rats ensemble (for those who were there for the 1UP Yours Panel). :) I enjoyed some gun games, some Robotron, and that fire-fighter game. I wish they'd had classic gauntlet instead of the new one.

Blain on
This discussion has been closed.