Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

In search of game posters!

john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all,

I'm recently had a craving to get my hands on some game posters. I don't really have any for my room and I'm looking for a place to get some. Personal favorites are; Fallout(any of them), The Monkey Island Series, Amplitude, Myst series.

Nevertheless, if anyone has a way of getting some posters, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you!

john_zoidberg on
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

• HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would like to see if there is a place to buy them from myself.

Anyway, the few posters that I have came from the strategy guides.

SarahBlasko_WTSWTSWH_sig2new.jpg
  • john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I grabbed a pretty cool Ratchet and Clank poster from PAX and I'm hoping to clean up tomorrow.

But a Fallout or Monkey Island poster would be boss.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Speicher, GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    eBay has a lot of potential as far as posters go (as well as other game related merch), but it's all dependant on who has what. I scored some DS posters (Mario Kart and Princess Peach) as well as a couple Street Fighter posters (one I got free with an auction). Then again, I'm an eBay whore, so your methods may vary.

XBL: Mega Spooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Your local gamestop might have a bunch of posters to give away right now. They come in packs of like 8 and they are all for upcoming games(not what you are looking for, I know). I have an Assassin's Creed and Mario Galaxy poster up.

• IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User
    edited August 2007
    http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/ for making your own posters.

It lets you enlarge images significantly without losing too much quality.

Alador239.png
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm sorry if this is kind of off-topic, but is it possible that Prima or Brdaygames or some other strategy guide company is selling the posters? Or maybe a way to ask them to do so? I'd think they would have a bunch of guides that don't get sold and they need a place to put those posters..