As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trading Post forum?

Mr_SnuffleMr_Snuffle Registered User regular
I know we have the rule for no threads on selling things, but what about if we had a forum for users to sell/trade/request games and hardware? Possibly give the thread creator the ability to lock their own thread when the transaction is complete...

www.eightandahalfbit.com
Mr_Snuffle on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Wouldn't that mean that PA is taking responsibility for all transactions?

Henroid on
  • Options
    Mr_SnuffleMr_Snuffle Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Henroid wrote:
    Wouldn't that mean that PA is taking responsibility for all transactions?

Not too sure, I wouldn't think so. I don't think they would be any more responsible than they are with putting an ad in your sig

Evil Avatar has smething kinda similar, but it's just with trading games...

hmm... maybe there is some legal issue in there... well, possibly just a trade/request forum then

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    Never going to happen. It's been discussed many times. The problem is if we allow a forum for it, we have some resposibility over the transactions, and the first time someone gets screwed, they are going to be PMing mods and Emailing Gabe and Tycho and nobody wants that kind of headache.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    I propose we have a forum dedicated to asking for new forums.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2005
    I propose we have a forum dedicated to asking for new forums.

Best Idea Ever.

Also:

There will never be a trading post forum. Sorry guys, it's too much of a liability.

denihilist on
This discussion has been closed.