As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week 8/29/07

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Though I am wondering what happened to MVP, since he showed up (?) in issue 4. Also, I'm wondering if they're going to bring Armory back since they mentioned her name.
    It's almost certainly a LMD.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh and I'm not aware of Charles current powers, what with him walking and all, but couldn't he just have disabled all the xmen himself and let Hulk take him?

Emma was holding him back. Even though Charles is way stronger, telepathically, think of it like we think of paired muscles: a crocodile can crush your skull with the muscles that close its mouth (group A) but even a young teen can hold most crocodiles' mouths closed, i.e. by overpowering the muscles that open its mouth (group B). Similarly, while Charles would have been able to resist any mental efforts by Emma if he was already 'active', she held him back before he could try, I believe.

i love this analogy if only because now everytime i see bald o'xavier, I'll think of a big ass croc ready to bite someone's head off.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    Oh and I'm not aware of Charles current powers, what with him walking and all, but couldn't he just have disabled all the xmen himself and let Hulk take him?

Emma was holding him back. Even though Charles is way stronger, telepathically, think of it like we think of paired muscles: a crocodile can crush your skull with the muscles that close its mouth (group A) but even a young teen can hold most crocodiles' mouths closed, i.e. by overpowering the muscles that open its mouth (group B). Similarly, while Charles would have been able to resist any mental efforts by Emma if he was already 'active', she held him back before he could try, I believe.

i love this analogy if only because now everytime i see bald o'xavier, I'll think of a big ass croc ready to bite someone's head off.
    Oh, Sobek.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2007
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Secret. Her alone made TT #50 worth it.

Oh shit. Just the other day I was going through wiki trying to find out whatever happened to her. I was a big, big fan of YJ, meaning I might have to pick this issue up. Of course, since I can't go to the comic store for a few days, I would appreciate if someone would put up scans.

Now we just need Slobo to make a return.

She doesn't return. She's just pictured in YJ flashbacks

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Oh, Sobek.

I love this gag.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2007
    The ending of Amazons Attack wasn't that bad. I mean, the whole amazons being scattered throughout the world thing could be neat if done correctly. And the whole New Gods taking over the Olympians thing is cool, but again, it has to be done right.

It's just that the whole series felt altogether pointless. Plus, does anyone know what the fuck is up with the New Gods anyway? They just pop up in random books for a few panels. I'm sure it's all part of the "Death of the New Gods" thing, but it's pretty confusing even though I read most DC books

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What got me with the end of Amazons Attack was
    when Granny is all laughing and surrounded by the dark demonic-looking things, I could swear they're the Shadow Demons we saw the Monitors use in Countdown. Probably just look similar unintentionally though.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The end of the latest Walking Dead was fantastic.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    JayKaos wrote: »
    What got me with the end of Amazons Attack was
    when Granny is all laughing and surrounded by the dark demonic-looking things, I could swear they're the Shadow Demons we saw the Monitors use in Countdown. Probably just look similar unintentionally though.
    I bet it's intentional, what with
    the theory that Darkseid is posing as a Monitor
    and all.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, both this week and last week lacked moments that I would call my moments of the week. Fucking Countdown. They give us one good week, and then four shitty weeks.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    End of Walking Dead #41 was definitely an awesome moment. I'd post scans, but I don't have a scanner :(

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think all of WWH:X-Men. The ending seemed a little rushed, but the rest of the book was awesome.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    I think all of WWH:X-Men. The ending seemed a little rushed, but the rest of the book was awesome.

I don't get why Xavier would feel responsible for all those deaths... he wasn't even around or a mutant when they happened.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

I don't get why Xavier would feel responsible for all those deaths... he wasn't even around or a mutant when they happened.

Yeah, I think they just needed an ending that didn't involve the Hulk cancelling a few X-Books.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Yeah, I think they just needed an ending that didn't involve the Hulk cancelling a few X-Books.

Eh, who really cares about the ending, it was just a requisite X-Men/superMarvelcrossover event.

But it had Hulk kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach. So it's all gravy.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Eh, who really cares about the ending, it was just a requisite X-Men/superMarvelcrossover event.

Are we sure it's Monet? Didn't Siryn just have sex with Rictor?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

no, monet and siryn both did madrox, rictor did the religious wolf-girl.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited August 2007

And god bless him for it...

I guess that just leaves Guido and Layla...

That's gonna hurt.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007

Only excuse I can come up with is that he has a hand in creating the secret organisation that helped send Hulk into space. Plus if he'd been there he MAY have been able to stop it. Hulks working off the assumption that if hed been there that he would have voted in favour and screwed Hulk as bad as the others.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    juggy spoiler
    i like juggs better when he's a good guy :(

delphinus on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

And god bless him for it...

I guess that just leaves Guido and Layla...

That's gonna hurt.
    Man, you know Layla's saving herself for her wedding night with Jamie.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Man, both this week and last week lacked moments that I would call my moments of the week. Fucking Countdown. They give us one good week, and then four shitty weeks.

bizzaro 52

Algertman on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone want to toss up some WWH X-men scans since I won't be making it to a comic shop any time soon :(

LockeCole on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    WWH Avengers: Initiative - Anything with Constrictor gets my vote! More writters need to use him and show him on such a professional level.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    In comic moment - Zounds! The Young Justice page. Even though the rest of the book was the regular shitting on YJ/Impulse.

Comic store moment - The new Manhunter Vol 3 TPB surprising me on the shelves.

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    tbumpkins wrote: »
    In comic moment - Zounds! The Young Justice page. Even though the rest of the book was the regular shitting on YJ/Impulse.

Yeah... I can see why an entire memorial issue to Impulse would be seen that way.

Jackass.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Yeah... I can see why an entire memorial issue to Impulse would be seen that way.

Jackass.

It was a memorial for Bart Allen. There's a statue of Kid Flash there.

In the end, I was right. Impulse wasn't Titans material. Kid Flash was.

This has been the basic tone that has been injected since the beginning of the Modern TT era. Completely making both out to be a joke, meaning nothing until they turned into Kid Flash or the Teen Titans. As a memorial stuff for Bart, yea, it was a good issue, but I'm talking about the near disdain for that era.

But don't worry, if there's one thing I'm fine being an ass about, it's this. EDIT: But let's not make it into one of those wars. It's been done by better, greasier fanboys than us.

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Jackass.

It was a memorial for Bart Allen. There's a statue of Kid Flash there.

In the end, I was right. Impulse wasn't Titans material. Kid Flash was.

This has been the basic tone that has been injected since the beginning of the Modern TT era. Completely making both out to be a joke, meaning nothing until they turned into Kid Flash or the Teen Titans. As a memorial stuff for Bart, yea, it was a good issue, but I'm talking about the near disdain for that era.

But don't worry, if there's one thing I'm fine being an ass about, it's this. EDIT: But let's not make it into one of those wars. It's been done by better, greasier fanboys than us.
    Waid's come out and said Impulse was never meant to be a Titan is the thing. He was always a comedic character. So to say Impulse wasn't titans material, but Kid Flash was makes sense.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    juggy spoiler
    i like juggs better when he's a good guy :(

Me too. I'm wondering where this'll end up, though, since he and Nocturne seemed like they were sort of having a thing.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Adding my yea vote for Avengers: Initiative. Effortlessly juggling a crossover event, tying up some loose ends, adding some character development and dropping in a nod to the next story arc while being entertaining AND cool. Even Trauma was kickass this week!

I have a question though.
    Who the *&^% is Mutant Zero? Seriously, spoilers? Anybody? It's driving me nuts!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, what we know:

- Female
    - Mutant
    - Someone we know but haven't seen in a bit
    - Uses a pink energy weapon, is stealthy and good martial artist, but apparently mentally unstable

My two guesses are 616 Blink (totally just wishful thinking, I've been wanting to see 616 Blink come back ever since I saw the AoA version) or Revanche.

Scooter on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Adding my yea vote for Avengers: Initiative. Effortlessly juggling a crossover event, tying up some loose ends, adding some character development and dropping in a nod to the next story arc while being entertaining AND cool. Even Trauma was kickass this week!

Who the *&^% is Mutant Zero? Seriously, spoilers? Anybody? It's driving me nuts!

Maximum on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I really have no idea but my vote goes to
    Magik

Although I saw a good guess on another forum
    Typhoid Mary

but I didn't think she was a mutant

Maximum on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Apparently she has low-level psi mutant powers, so I guess she fits. While Magik (do we spoiler random guesses?) is maybe back now with New X-Men, I really can't see any way to connect the way she was acting in New X-Men with how Mutant 0 acts.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Right. Thanks for the speculation. It bugged me not having anyone to talk to about it since my only guess was
    Wanda
    and there's just no way that works at all.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Well, what we know:

- Female
    - Mutant
    - Uses a pink energy weapon, is stealthy and good martial artist, but apparently mentally unstable

My two guesses are 616 Blink (totally just wishful thinking, I've been wanting to see 616 Blink come back ever since I saw the AoA version) or Revanche.

Sounds like Psylocke to me, but 616 Blink would be the bee's knees. The way they talked about Mutant Zero makes her sound like a video game "bonus power", you call her in once per mission and she kills everything on the screen.

Marvel MMO anyone?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, that was hilarious.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Deus X-man. Hehehe.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, what we know:

- Female
    - Mutant

Sounds like Psylocke to me, but 616 Blink would be the bee's knees. The way they talked about Mutant Zero makes her sound like a video game "bonus power", you call her in once per mission and she kills everything on the screen.

Marvel MMO anyone?

Psylocke is in Exiles right now, and I don't think the timing really allows for her to be 0. Especially since Psylocke's still sane.

Edit: Using Classes 1-50 and Omega also made me think of the MMO. Players level up to 50, main characters are Omegas maybe?

Scooter on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Apparently she has low-level psi mutant powers, so I guess she fits. While Magik (do we spoiler random guesses?) is maybe back now with New X-Men, I really can't see any way to connect the way she was acting in New X-Men with how Mutant 0 acts.

That's not actually Magik in New X-Men, but rather a soulless imitation of her created by Belasco.

mattharvest on