As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week 8/29/07

124»

• Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It was Silver Surfer: The End basically. Marvel did away with the whole The End stuff a while back for some reason and chose random subtitles instead. Spider-man: Reign, Silver Surfer: Requiem, Daredevil End of Days, etc. Out of continuity issue.

Requiem had too many inconsistencies for my liking and came off over the top and a bit too over dramatic for my liking. Things like seeking out Richards first instead of Galactus. Enduring all these tests and attempts to find a cure. Then refusing Galactus' help at the end in favour of dying when nothing had happened between issue 1 and 4 to really chagne his outlook on living / dying, among other things. Whole thing came off as JMS trying too hard. Decent story if you can look past the chinks in the armour, but they are too distracting for me.

KVW on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The End comics were so much fun. Except the X-men one, which was a mess.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

"....hulk is cold..."

delphinus on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

But it gave us Wormhole creating Magneto... which allowed us to properly fuck up the Villain tournament.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

But it gave us Wormhole creating Magneto... which allowed us to properly fuck up the Villain tournament.

I can't remember which came first, but 616 Magneto did that too: right before House of M, he teleported via wormhole to snatch her away from those who were considering killing her. I think it was in Excalibur.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That was during Disassembled and I just assumed it was Wanda's doing, much like she conjured the alien invasion and other madness during that arc.

KVW on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    That was during Disassembled and I just assumed it was Wanda's doing, much like she conjured the alien invasion and other madness during that arc.
    I'm still wondering who shot her up with MGH.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    I'm still wondering who shot her up with MGH.

Well, the Magneto that was in the Planet X arc, the one apparently created by Wanda (though that was never stated nor explained anywhere...) was pretty damn addicted to the stuff. Maybe that Magneto actually was Wanda... or something. Who the hell knows...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No, that was actually Xorn, pretending to be Magneto, pretending to be Xorn. Pretending to be a Skrull.

Pretending to be a cow.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    No, that was actually Xorn, pretending to be Magneto, pretending to be Xorn. Pretending to be a Skrull.

Pretending to be a cow.

Right... I forgot. Or mentally blocked it out... or something.

Reading the Wiki on Xorn just now reminds me so much of the Life of Rielly debacle with the Spidey Clone... and since they both turned out with about the same satisfaction, I guess that is appropriate.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote: