Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

How do I get rid of a bike?

BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Simply put, I broke the frame of my current bike (as well as a pedal on another) and I have this question to ask. How do I recycle/get rid of a bike? Would a recycling depot take it?

Bartholamue on
Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz

• FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm pretty sure a recycling depot should take it, since it's mostly metal with some rubber and plastic. It won't hurt to call them up and ask.

If you have a local bike shop, you could MAYBE give it to them or sell it to them as a parts bike (make sure you tell them what went wrong with it)

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    They're pretty much unusable since I broke the frame on one bike, and the other bike is simply too old, and I broke the pedal of that one (it's from the 80's). I'll try the recycling depot, thanks.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User
    edited August 2007
    You'd be amazed what people will pick up from the curb so long as there is a "free" sign nearby (and sometimes even if there isn't)...

But your plan is good as well. I'd try seeing if you can sell it for a few bucks.