As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Long weekend (US): what're you playin'?

gilraingilrain Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
Yes, it's (soon to be) Labor Day weekend. Take the family out hiking, somewhere; invite some friends over for a barbeque and beer; or, I suspect for many of us here, catch up on the swiftly-growing backlog. Yes, for some it'll be three solid days of blissful gaming.

So, what're (or what'll) you (be) playing?

For me, in order of priority:

Psychonauts (am finally playing this masterwork, and it's incredible)
Rune Factory (has been eating up my spare hours like billy-oh)
Blue Dragon (horrible demo, but impressions from trusted sources indicate the full game is a solid JRPG)
Lumines Live! (I'm tired of sucking and need to get in some concentrated practice)
Lost in Blue (if there's any time left after the above)

And, hell, if you're not going to be gaming, feel free to describe your plans for the weekend anyway. It's Labor Day, y'all. Let's clear out those backlogs and prepare for the long winter. And don't forget to eat some ribs and pie.

gilrain on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll be (hopefully) finishing up Metroid Prime 3.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Pokemon Diamond I would expect. We're having company stay over this weekend too - so we may be playing some Wiisports as well. In fact, this may be the weekend that I pick up a 4th Wiimote...

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My list of priorities this weekend is pretty simple:

Metroid Prime 3

Also, probably a bar-b-que. I have to break in my new place.

e: Damn, I forgot we have a big music fesival in the city this weekend. Well, kind of big. Not really, at all. It was once.

*sigh*

Now they need to change the name to 'On The Waterfront: Yes, Cheap Trick is from here'.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MP3 and my Bioshock hard run. (Metroid kind of put a stop to my bioshock obsession)

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bioshock, and maybe some co-op Earth Defense Force 2017. Also some new PSP games i got, Killzone: Liberation, and Brave Story: New Traveler.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sadly, I get to work Sunday and Monday, so no extension for me. :(

However, on my normal days off, I've been playing Twilight Princess, and about to start Persona 3.

Kami on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to give Bioshock another go, but ugh, the gamepley is so average I'm having a tough time getting into it. The thought of playing it again seems like such a chore.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to give Bioshock another go, but ugh, the gamepley is so average I'm having a tough time getting into it. The thought of playing it again seems like such a chore.

Don't force yourself to play it. Seriously, games are ruined like that.

urahonky on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tiger Woods '08. I'd better be able to get stats up to 110% by Monday night...

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Curse you people. I don't get Monday off and I AM in the US. Heck, who gets labor day off anymore except for Government employees?

If I WERE off on Monday, I'd spend it with Metroid Prime 3

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    urahonky wrote: »

This is true man, your time is finite, spend it doing something you highly enjoy!

That said, I'm going to be finishing Bioshock, maybe another run in The Darkness, or whatever else pops into my head. That and Halloween, mmmmm Halloween.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Doing some board gaming. I need to finsih Soul Nomad, but Christ this game keeps going.

etoychest on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Yeah, but I really don't like the thought of throwing $40 away like that. I'm hoping that after another couple hours I get more into it.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's the Labour Day Weekend in Canada too ...

I'll be playing CoD4 Beta

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yeah, but I really don't like the thought of throwing $40 away like that. I'm hoping that after another couple hours I get more into it.

You will, but if the game feels like a chore take a break. I've done that on games, and I don't get burned out from them.

But if I keep myself playing them, I will burn out and never touch it again (WoW for me)

urahonky on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm going hiking. On the beach. With water and sand. And my wife. I suppose I could take my DS - but if the sand and saltwater didn't fuck it up completely, my wife would probably do it herself for taking it on a backpacking trip.

And also, taking a game system hiking is stupid, anyway. So I'll be playing poker. Possibly of the strip variety.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Finally get around to starting MP3.

Elendil on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have at least one rehearsal, possibly more, but when I'm not at rehearsals?

Metroid fucking Prime 3

Anyone who answers otherwise deserves to be shot.

Which is now more accurate.

With good Wii controls

Khavall on
  • Options
    reddogreddog The Mountain Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rune Factory - Eats up every spare moment of my life...my girlfriend hates it yet is compelled to play.

God of War 2 - I need to finish this game. I've had it from Gamefly forever!!

Halo - Just got a hand me down Xbox and i'm going through all the games i've never played before.

Jet Set Radio Future - See above

I'm saving my money from quitting smoking to buy myself an Xbox 360 around x-mas time. :)

reddog on
    reddog.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Metroid Prime 3 and and Brain Age 2 on the daily

I also might pick up Blue Dragon at some point

bruin on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not a damn thing. I'm getting hauled out of town to visit a crazy man.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    - Gyakuten Saiban 3 until it's finished, no exceptions

After that I'm going to juggle:

- The Elder Scrolls Adventures IV: Oblivion
    - Blue Dragon (which I just bought a half hour ago)
    - Luminous Arc

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Khavall wrote: »
    Metroid fucking Prime 3

Anyone who answers otherwise deserves to be shot.
    Man, if Nintendo would sell me a damn Wii, I would be doing exactly that. I went out a few days ago to buy one. I had no idea they were still out of stock everywhere. D:

gilrain on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    You can't take a DS, and just nod a lot while he's talking?

gilrain on
  • Options
    NamonNamon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Blue Dragon and Bioshock are my two current games. Love em both for very differant reasons

Namon on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Bioshock - I loved System Shock 2 and a shooter has to really abuse me before any degree of mediocrity annoys me.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am finishing up Bioshock and then will be digging into Blue Dragon.

corin7 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Persona 3, Etrian Odyssey on the go(Die, B20F), and maybe I'll try out R-Type Final in between.

Getting back to Odin Sphere or The Red Star would be nice, but neither's exactly high priority(I'm at frustrating points in both).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Warhawk
    Persona 3
    Metroid Prime 1 (I have 3 but I want to play 1 & 2 first)

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for portable needs. I'll be in Philly and NYC most of the weekend so this will get a lot of play.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    gilrain wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    You can't take a DS, and just nod a lot while he's talking?

*sob*

No.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm all but alone on campus until Sunday, so this weekend is going to have a healthy dose of Metroid Prime 3 and Forza Motorsport 2. If the gods are kind to me, and my first paycheck comes today, then I'll probably be picking up Super Metroid and Blazing Lazers on the VC. I love me some SHMUPs.

SilentCoconut on
  • Options
    TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to try and finish Twilight Princess if I can get my Wiimote back from my girlfriend. Then I need to beat Pokemon battle revolution, and I'll have beat every damn game I own. Finally. Then, if I can, I want to put a preorder down on Halo 3.

TheMorningStar on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Metroid Prime 3 - I'm hoping to take no breaks in the long weekend so that I can finish it since it's pretty much making me crazy at work.
    Whenever I think I'm passing the time by not playing MP3, I almost get the shakes like Tyrone in Chappelle show.

I hope I can finish the darn thing in the weekend so that I don't have to feel the shakes anymore....

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I will be playing a game I can't tell you about, for the most part.
    Will also mix in some old-school AO, some Oblivion, and some HoMMV if I feel like being punished.
    I might even re-install Tron2.0, because it was so damn pretty.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bioshock, and maybe some co-op Earth Defense Force 2017. Also some new PSP games i got, Killzone: Liberation, and Brave Story: New Traveler.

Brave Story and Killzone are completely awesome on the PSP, among the best the system has to offer.

Which reminds me, I need to play more Brave Story! I'll do that this weekend, along with some Blue Dragon, Two Worlds, Lair, and Bioshock.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to try to smoke up and finish Bioshock and then hopefully some more CS:S gun games and some Fall From Heaven II Civ4.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I will play the Skate demo some more.

I haven't touched another game since that has come out. Then again I have zero money as well.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh - I forgot - tomorrow we're having my son's 3rd birthday party (a week early) at Chuck E Cheese - so I'm sure there will be some Skeeball and Whac a Mole in my gaming future as well. They also have the big arcade version of Hungry Hungry Hippos so I'll probably play some of that too. I'm thinking about grabbing him another Wii game for his birthday. He has Happy Feet now and loves it - despite the bad reviews - so I'm thinking about getting Cars Wii for him (hey, he shares a birthday with the Dreamcast, he might as well start gaming early!)

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll be going with Dynasty Warriors:Gundam, Bioshock, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Blue Dragon, Rune Factory, Luminous Arc, and MP3 *if I have time*.

Shoot me now, too much awesome.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll complete Super Metroid on the VC and start up Wild Arms 5. I'll probably watch my friend play FFVII for a while too.

Renzo on