Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Warhammer 40k DoW: Dark Crusade::: KRONUS TOTAL WAR BABY!

13

Posts

  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Iolo wrote: »

    So, spamming my question from that 'other' LP thread, can you issue orders while you units are paused?

    Just double checked and no, you can't.

    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • ACSISACSIS Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    I stopped playing this game quite a while ago when they started to hit the IG with the nerfbat. Has Relic improved them or did they hit my beloved Guard even harder since then?

    They kinda unnerved them.

    The word on the street still goes necron are too powerful and IG are the weakest but... i derviated from my usual chaos army for quite a while, learning all races including IG to get the big picture with all those super important balance discussions going on in the relic forums back then. IG is hard, you need to know what you are doing - but if you know... well lets put it that way: a lot of those wannabe imba necron players faced hummiliating defeats at the hand of my IG experiments. I guess they never even noticed the basilisk artellery battered their so called undying army with tremor shots (artellery is the key for IG victory).

    Also a lot of people do not quite understand that you do not kill necs by firing at them (skeleton army - do not fire arrows at skeletons - makes them laugh, k?) and never realize they have to melee to nullify those nasty gauss riflles. The only exception are of course flayeds wich mess up melee with their fear aura (except morale imune units like wraithlords, khorne berserkers, dreadnoughts, etc, etc - as well as ASM if you got the commander attached so you can rally troops) wich make excellent targets because of their slow movement. You can switch attack stances in this game, okay?

    How to beat necron 101:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMqDEsNgli0
    I'm currently learning orcs too. From what I know, the best hints I can tell you are:

    Try to get map control by reinforcing your most important strategic points with waagh banners

    Your starting army will be a couple of shoota boy squads, a couple of boy squads and a big mek. Attach your big mek to a unit to allow that unit to teleport with him. Either attach him to a slugga boys squad to allow for teleportation into combat against tau and eldar and suchlike, or to a shoota boy squad to get some really mobile fire support.

    Keep your initial army alive, by running to your safe spots if you must, until you get 50 orc pop. Then get a nob squad and a rocket boy squad out, giving you the staying power to start raiding reinforced strategic points. Around this time it is good to get a mek shop built, where you can get awesome but expensive killa cans.

    The final stage is getting the orcy fort. With two squads of nobs and a meg armor nob squad, two of flash gits, two of rocket boys and some killa cans there is little that can take you on.

    Orks are kinda different. Population is everything.

    The base is pretty rush immune early on because every building is ARMED.

    On the other hand you get a very, very strong hero very early on.

    This brings us to two conclusions. The first one is that we do have little need to defend and the second one: we have a badass assault army soon. There is only one course of action being left:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAr2NdetIs

    Also at a certain not so high pop (was it 30? i belive it was 30) this hero can be outfitted with a SHIELD generator, shielding every orc in a huge radius, keeping the alive longer wich is good for teching whilst fighting.

    I guess you figure out the rest for your self. Ah... one more thing... the orcs with the modified rifles... are really worth it... and a squiggoth charging a necron monolith will turn it into really fine lametta. Also orcs do not seem to suffer from morale loss from flayeds.


    And... oh yes... be sure to have a look at the inquisition daemonhunt mod, it adds the inquisition *g*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcijo-CE-v8

  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Anytime I see that I think of GWAR.

    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Up all night To get luckyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A-Puck wrote: »

    So, spamming my question from that 'other' LP thread, can you issue orders while you units are paused?

    Just double checked and no, you can't.

    Wait
    I didn't ask that question!

    Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Iolo wrote: »
    But hey, people, are you at least enjoying the read? Am I succeeding at funny?

    "Fine," they say. "Nit-picking," they say. Bah! Where's the love people? You're doing great. Keep it up! Maek more post!

    So, spamming my question from that 'other' LP thread, can you issue orders while you units are paused?

    Yeah, I don't think it's possible. The game is meant to be very dynamic, anyway.

    Edit:
    Oh, yeah, I promise you guys a long poast tomorrow, and, to MechMantis, the save file too.


    You tit. School starts tomorrow (It's midnight. Sue me.)

    It'll probably be a bit before I can play. :/

    UA1OmVB.png
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    posting about goomba before goomba can
    son of a bitch

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ACSIS wrote: »
    So, first you tell us to melee Necrons, then show a vid where the guy wins by primarily churning out Dark Reapers?

    Curious. :P

  • ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    they need to make an Epic 40k movie. Srsly.

  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »

    So, spamming my question from that 'other' LP thread, can you issue orders while you units are paused?

    Just double checked and no, you can't.

    Wait
    I didn't ask that question!

    Eh, what are you talking about. I never said you did.
    Spoiler:
    Zarcath wrote: »
    they need to make an Epic 40k movie. Srsly.

    Some German folks were doing so, and it looked like they were doing a hell of a job. Then GW made them stop. http://www.damnatus.com/seite.php?file=film

    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Up all night To get luckyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Off topic: I played a bit of the Act Of War sp campaign... what a load of crap. The missions are booooooooooring, uninspired... What a soul-less game, holy shit.

    Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    ACSIS wrote: »
    So, first you tell us to melee Necrons, then show a vid where the guy wins by primarily churning out Dark Reapers?

    Curious. :P
    It's true rangers and DR are pretty ok, but that guy in the video was awful. Did you see how many rangers died? I saw at least two!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Update? And/or save?


    My time is going to be very cut back from tomorrow on. So I'd like to get the game started ASAP. >.>

    UA1OmVB.png
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    ACSIS wrote: »
    So, first you tell us to melee Necrons, then show a vid where the guy wins by primarily churning out Dark Reapers?

    Curious. :P
    It's true rangers and DR are pretty ok, but that guy in the video was awful. Did you see how many rangers died? I saw at least two!

    Good lord, he sucks at playing eldar, the key is to keep a precise fromation of DR so that the necron player cannot actually see you if there is FoW.
    Then rush two banshees, a wraithlord, seer council(withfarseer attached) and fire prism.

    Those disphits never win whenyou do that.

    Also, what do you guys use to play, nobody is ever on and the game on thread is dead, please tell me it isnt Steam, because the patch that removes gamespy never came out and I am constantly having to listen to retards.

    Spoiler:
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    remember when fire prisms used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.

    scarab you have mental problems
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    typical Epic forums threads:

    [WAH MONOLITHS]
    [WAH ORKS]
    [STUPID FUCKING POST ABOUT HOW IG ARE WIMPS AFTER POSTER LOST FIFTY GAMES IN A ROW TO IG](SERIOUSLY)
    [WAH ELDAR]
    [HORRIBLY MISSPELLED RANT ABOUT THE EMPEROR/CHAOS]
    [THREAD BY STARCRAFT RETARDS WHO THINK THAT 4OK IS A RIP OFF]
    [THREAD BY RETARDS WHO THOUGHT THAT THE MARINES SHOULD BE LIKE IN WARRIOR BROOD]

    Adapt your strategies people, geez

    Spoiler:
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    IT not THEY, important difference.

    :?:

    scarab you have mental problems
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    remember when fire prisms used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.
    Yeah, see, it's already been established that you're dumb and don't know jack shit about DoW.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Also, what do you guys use to play, nobody is ever on and the game on thread is dead, please tell me it isnt Steam, because the patch that removes gamespy never came out and I am constantly having to listen to retards.
    Was the patch that removes Gamespy for a limited time, because I remember my friend talking about getting DC on Steam for like 17$

    Spoiler:
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hamachi.



    PADC, standard Penny Arcade password.

    UA1OmVB.png
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    ahh, that would be it, thanks.

    Spoiler:
  • ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    remember when WARP SPIDERS used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.

    This seems like it would be a more accurate statement.

    Fire Prisms are lambs for the slaughter vs Tau Infiltrators.

  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Zarcath wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    remember when WARP SPIDERS used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.

    This seems like it would be a more accurate statement.

    Fire Prisms are lambs for the slaughter vs Tau Infiltrators.
    Yeah man, back in Vanilla days when you could get as many of those as your cap could handle, jeez. They tore up SMs like crazy. Because they weren't a specific counter to a certain unit because that would be dumb and it wouldn't fit into the background. The background that says nothing about how they are good against less armor.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    remember when fire prisms used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.
    Yeah, see, it's already been established that you're dumb and don't know jack shit about DoW.

    where was this established and what was the cause for you thinking this?

    scarab you have mental problems
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    remember when fire prisms used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.
    Yeah, see, it's already been established that you're dumb and don't know jack shit about DoW.

    where was this established and what was the cause for you thinking this?
    First you said Eldar was an instant win race, which is how I won the 1v3 (which isn't true, but ok), then you said that necron and IG are the top two. 2/3 of the other team was necron and or IG.

    Then you got into the argument over the DC advertisement, saying that you didn't need DC to play against other people. First off, the ad is for DC. Why would it say that you do not need DC? Second, every situation they have involved you having DC.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    remember when fire prisms used to be like the I WIN button in dow.

    it was like, you could not lose with them. they knocked back all troops and ripped through stuff like there was no tomorrow, doing insane damage.


    oh wait, THEY ARE STILL LIKE THAT.


    fuckin hell.
    Yeah, see, it's already been established that you're dumb and don't know jack shit about DoW.

    where was this established and what was the cause for you thinking this?
    First you said Eldar was an instant win race, which is how I won the 1v3 (which isn't true, but ok), then you said that necron and IG are the top two. 2/3 of the other team was necron and or IG.

    Then you got into the argument over the DC advertisement, saying that you didn't need DC to play against other people. First off, the ad is for DC. Why would it say that you do not need DC? Second, every situation they have involved you having DC.

    I think I said Necrons were the instant win race. Dont think I have ever said Eldar were, but a link to the post would help my memory.

    As for saying Necron and IG being top two, well they were. iirc I was referring to the last time I had played DC which was pre IG nerf when they were still very powerful. So IG and Necrons were in fact the most powerful races.

    As for that whole advertisement argument I bailed out cause people werent reading posts, me included, and it was just one big pissing contest. I wasnt right but I wasnt wrong either, we were having two separate arguments without realising it.

    dont understand how any of that is relevant or makes me know jack shit about DOW or dumb but Ill take your word for it, im not in the mood for another internet argument.

    scarab you have mental problems
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=2796856#post2796856

    And then you said that you could play, using vanilla, against necrons. You can't do that. So you're wrong and wrong.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've been playing the Dark Crusade campaign on and off for a while now, as Necron. The first battle was a breeze, but my second not so much. I keep losing against Chaos, although perhaps part of this is because I'm picking a fight against their general right at the start of the game....

  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Less whining more LPing.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • ACSISACSIS Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zarcath wrote: »
    they need to make an Epic 40k movie. Srsly.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77TpMvRZ_LQ

    *g*


    ACSIS wrote: »
    So, first you tell us to melee Necrons, then show a vid where the guy wins by primarily churning out Dark Reapers?

    Curious. :P


    Ah, yes - i suspected that question might be raised. Eldar are an exception. Eldar vs Necron is considered a pretty hard matchup. Unfortunately the only vid i still had floating around surgically dismembering the "imba" necron army. Its not for showing how to win quickly - but rather how to counter anything he throws at you.

    Eldar Shees - even if minigunwielder recommends it - seem not making the cut for me (maybe he wants to post a vid, maybe i am doing it the wrong way^^).

    But you see wraithlords as well as the hero as meatshields (taking care of nasty wraiths wich are the doom of any ranged army).

    Well the important thing is there are rules to be followed, but under certain circumstances it is okay - sometimes even important - to break a rule.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pwwbRt4BNk

  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Up all night To get luckyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guys, I have to finish translating and subtitling a very boring TV documentary for TODAY!
    so I cannot stop working (damn it) to whip up the LP today. Sorry. Tomorrow will be fine, though, and I SHOULD be able to make two posts tomorrow, or at least one tomorrow and another one friday.

    Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Up all night To get luckyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    POAST THE THIRD!

    Whatever happened to Paddy O'Kais!?

    So, when we last left Kronus, our dear commander Paddy was getting his cherry popped by the mean, mean Necrons.

    I wasn't playing very well on this first mission and, as it was pointed out, I should have brought my Vespid guys to cover my Commander. But I didn't :P I'm not self-appointed DC expert, just some guy who know a bit about the game and who likes it a lot.

    This update will be full of info, I expect to make more jokes on the next one :)

    Anyway, I fell back to the main base and queued a couple of Fire Warrior Squads:
    darkcrusade200708301238uk5.png

    The Fire Warriors (FW) are the bread and butter in the Tau arsenal. Even if you should whip out 2 or 3 stealth squads in the early game to cap some SPs, the Fire Warriors are the first combat-worthy unit you can and should build.
    They're comprised of 7 Tau soldiers armed with plasma guns, and can be reinforced by a combination of a sergeant which adds an extra gun and enable the squad to throw anti-personnel grenades, and a shield drone, whose sole use (AFAIK) is shielding the soldiers for a short period of time. You can either build one of each, or two of one kind. The weak points of the Fire Warriors is that A) they cannot fire while moving and 2) they suck at melee, just like their boss.

    So here we have the Alfa Team, fending off the Necron assault:
    darkcrusade200708301239eg6.png

    As you can see on the minimap, they have destroyed one of my OPs to the north, where their attack began (it's actually a RELIC - Relics are important because you need to own one in order to build the top super unit). Bravo Team, including one FW squad and the Vespid Elite is capping all those blue dots to the south.

    Alfa Team includes Paddy, 2 FW squads and a Kroot Carnivore squad. The Kroots are one of the races that work for the Tau, along with the Vespid. They are the Ham to the FW's Cheese. Kroots are awesome melee fighters and very mediocre shooters. They can leap very far, after you research the appropriate upgrade. You should always mix FWs and Kroot Carnivores. Oh, one of the FW squads has a red ring-thing around their feet, because their morale has broken. When that happens, your guys become a really, really less efficient in combat. But they do get a speed bonus so they can be fucking cowards and run away. That's one of the reasons why the Flailed Ones are so good, they give every enemy around them a big morale hit. Of course, they're a bunch of immortal murderous cyborgs wrapped in pieces of dead flesh and skin. That kinda gets on your nerves, you know.

    Anyway, here's my base being even more attacked by the god damned T-800s.
    darkcrusade200708301242hl0.png

    I've managed to kill the troops, but now their Boss is pestering me with one of his special powers. That's the green explosion. They also have capped the northern relic and have killed the OP on the SP. The major assault force has been destroyed.

    Now THIS:
    darkcrusade200708301243rp8.png
    was a lot more dangerous, a Tomb Spider and a few troops. But they also fell easily. I had a secret weapon ^_^. The Tomb Spider is annoying for 2 reasons, besides the fact that they're strong melee fighters: they collect dead Necron warriors, and after picking up a certain number of them, they can spawn a new squad. That's a way to override the Squad cap, actually. The other annoyance is that, after being killed, when they're rebuilt, they just rise from where they fell, just like the Commander. So they can just keep popping up and harassing you, without any travel time at all.

    Well, the two guys on the top of the screen were my secret weapons:
    darkcrusade200708301259vk7.png
    Those are two XV88 Broadside heavy infantry suits, and they have entrenched in the ground, so that they can use their twin railguns. Those babies made short work of anything the Necron dogs threw at me. They're kinda mobile turret emplacements.

    You guys can also see on the minimap that I have capped and OP'ed most of the SPs in the map. The enemy base is located on the NW corner, north of where Bravo Team is massing. I didn't bother with the orange critical points because they take a billion years to cap, they can't be OP'ed and they have no REAL value on the campaign maps.

    After that last screen, I had the trouble of mopping up the last stragglers and destroy the enemy base. A I've said on a "regular" post, it's very important that you cap and OP as many SPs as you can when conquering a province, because they'll remain capped and OP'ed later if the enemy tries to take that province away from you. The exception are the SPs in and immediately around the enemy base site.

    Ok, after crushing the last Schwarzenegger clone, I got this lovely, lovely screen:
    relic00042ky0.png
    VICTOLY!
    So, I earned 3 cool things with this first victory:
    - The Province itself, which is SMACK in the middle of the planet and gives me lots of strategic opportunities;
    - The Vespid Elder Strain squad, which will go wherever Paddy goes;
    - MY first piece of WARGEAR.

    Wargear (WG) is an upgrade to the commander unit. You win a new one every time you meet one of the conditions listed on the screen shot above.

    Here the wargear list on the wargear selection screen, which followed that last screen:
    darkcrusade200708301310hc4.png
    For now I chose the Missile Pods, because 1) the make Paddy deadlier in general and b) they're good against vehicles and buildings. Also, HP-increasing WG are not THAT critical, because you can just rebuild the Commander. It's more important right now to maek moar BOOM than to live a itty bitty longer.

    You guys will get to choose the next WG piece, which I'll win after the next mission!
    I'll post overviews of the other pieces on the next update, but you guys can throw a few suggestions already.

    BTW, did you notice that Paddy has ZERO melee damage capability? I guess that the Irish aren't so good at punching, eh?

    Anyway, here's the MAP after the first of our glorious victories for the Greater Good:
    darkcrusade200708301313sj6.png

    Ah, the orange is spreading...

    Finally, I get to buy that Vespid Elder Strain I earned:
    darkcrusade200708301312hu9.png
    They're even stronger than the regular Vespids, and they look really cool. Shooty bugs of deathzor.

    So, here's the deal, tomorrow I'll post the rest of the stuff I have already, and I'll transfer the save to MechMantis, or whoever else wanna help, and after two conquests, I'll get it back.

    Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I want it! :D


    If you can take the Strength 2 province (gives Fury or whatever), NE of the Ork Stronghold, then I would love you forever.



    Because the Tau don't get Tank columns.


    They get Kroot columns.

    UA1OmVB.png
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Up all night To get luckyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    MechMantis wrote: »
    I want it! :D


    If you can take the Strength 2 province (gives Fury or whatever), NE of the Ork Stronghold, then I would love you forever.



    Because the Tau don't get Tank columns.


    They get Kroot columns.

    I didn't D:

    Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Starport. If I recall correctly that is the territory to the north of you. You must go after the starport!

    Sure, you said that you already did the next mission, but still.

    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • DixonDixon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    quick questions with the steam bit...
    you can buy the platinum for 30 bucks or just dark crusade for 20....now I'm told by a friend that dark crusade still allows you to play all the races in mulitplayer and skirmishes you just don't get the campaign. is this true or what, as im not a fan on rts campaigns and I could live with out it.
    Could someone be so kind as to clear up the differences for me?

    26fc6af3297009c3.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm sure as hell not taking it.


    Tau vehicles have all the constitution of wet paper. And you have about twice as many Kroot as you do anything else. I think it's like:


    2 Hammerheads
    2 Skyrays
    4 Krootox
    14 Kroot Carnivores
    2 Kroot Hounds



    And they call that an ARMORED COLUMN.

    UA1OmVB.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    MechMantis wrote: »
    If you can take the Strength 2 province (gives Fury or whatever), NE of the Ork Stronghold, then I would love you forever.

    That's Forward Base, actually. You earn Fury by claiming the Eres Badlands - that tiny speck of land walled between the Necron and Imperial Guard strongholds.

    Anyways, I'd suggest the Advanced Sensor Array for Paddy's next bit of wargear because, as far as I can tell, the Tau's stealth detection capabilities leave something to be desired.

    Oh, and, why do you keep refering to Listening Posts as OPs? Is there some obscure logic here that I am missing?

    EDIT:
    now I'm told by a friend that dark crusade still allows you to play all the races in mulitplayer and skirmishes you just don't get the campaign. is this true or what, as im not a fan on rts campaigns and I could live with out it.
    It's the other way around, actually. If you only have Dark Crusade, you can play as every faction in the single player campaign, but you can only play as either Tau or Necron in multi-player.

    If you also have Dawn of War, Space Marines, Orks, Eldar and Chaos Space Marines also become available in multi-player.

    And if you have the Winter Assault expansion on top of that, you can also play the Imperial Guard in multi-player.

  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My memory's bad.


    Point is, Tau do not believe in armor. They believe in thousands of useless Kroot.

    UA1OmVB.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    So I started playing this again, and I have a question. Can I make the fov zoom out? It feels really zoomed in and cramped. I know it's possible because I remember doing it before, but I cannot for the life of me remember HOW I did it before.

  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mousewheel. Also, look around for the Zoom Mod.



    Wargear: I advise heavy flamer. It allows the Commander to get in the thick of things and break the morale of Ork or Necron.

    Detection can be solved with a squad of Pathfinders, which also act as spotters for your Fire Warriors. Keep em out of combat, though.

    UA1OmVB.png
Sign In or Register to comment.