As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer won't display pictures

turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dadis the best.Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
I can't figure it out. A few days ago my computer quit displaying alot of pictures and buttons ( like the buttons on the front page of this site). The links still work, but the graphics don't show up. I tried running a scan with Norten and Spy Sweeper, but that didn't help. I'm on Windows Home Premium.

HELP!

X22wmuF.jpg
turtleant on

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What browser are you using?

There could be a setting set somewhere that's not loading images. Is it all images, or only certain ones? If it's only certain ones, you could have accidentally blocked a particular server. Also check security settings, it could be set to not allow certain types of content.

Now that I think of it, I think Firefox and maybe Opera too have a button below the address bar that sets the page to "author mode" which disables all images. Check for that as well.

It's also entirely possible that your browser just got screwed up. One time my Firefox just stopped displaying Flash, and I had to reinstall Firefox to get it to work again.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ok. I'm using Internet explorer right now, so I'll download Firefox and see if that fixes it.

edit: That fixed it, Now to figure out what happened to my internet explorer.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg