So I've been thinking about getting a DS Lite. Not 100% certain on it, but interested enough to start asking some questions, and this is probably the best place to ask. The console itself will probably set me back around £100 (unless anyone knows where / when they might be found for cheaper). After that, I've got some questions:
- Never owned a handheld console (heck, never owned a console
before, most of my gaming has been on the PC to date), are there any other bits and pieces I should invest in? Spare battery, recharger, protective case? Anything you've found really useful or handy?
- I'm primarily interested in the Phoenix Wright games, those look quite good. Now I've heard that the Japanese versions are voice acted with English subtitles, is this true? And if so, what's a good store to get one of these import copies from (UK delivery)? Are they even still available?
- I like adventure games in general, so are there any other good games that fit the bill?
- I'm also interested in strategy games. I've tried Advance Wars and liked it, but I think I'd prefer something more along the lines of squad-based strategy (a la X-Com). I've heard there might be one or two titles, but I have no idea what they're called.
- I'm primarily interested in shorter play experiences, easy to get 10-30 minutes play time in. One of the main reasons I'm interested in the system is that it's meant to be tailored more towards games like that. Would that be right?
- What other good games are there for the system? I realise I'm probably opening the floodgates here, but what-the-hey. Oh, I'm looking at Elite Beat Agents as well before anyone jumps on that one. :mrgreen:
- The DS has been out for quite a while now. Is it likely that Nintendo are going to be releasing a successor to it any time soon? Any rumours on that front? Only I'd hate to pick one up and then hear an announcement the next day of a new next gen handheld that's also backwards compatible etc. etc.
Finally, I link this because it's funny: