As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 uh ohs....

mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So i was plugging my 360 in and acidentally got my finger on the prongs. Slight shock to me. Funny thing is my 360 booted with a time/date of NOV 05. And now stutters constantly while playing games (been through bioshock twice with no stutters). It runs way hotter.

System is only 1 mo old. Purchased at wall mart.

suggestions? (live fixed the time date. )

does the walmart switcharoo still work? (return swapout w no reciept)

I am not pleased

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
mojojoeo on

• Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You could plead your case to Wal-mart. Worst thing they could do is tell you no.

Your other option is that you are covered under the Xbox 360 warranty. Call up Microsoft and tell them how the console is behaving. Although, I'm not sure how shocking yourself while plugging in the system affects said warranty. That's the sort of thing they don't really get into in the documentation, but something tells me if a Microsoft lawyer reads this post it will be in immediately. ;)

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well new wrinkle.... other games work seemingly fine....

Bioshock is the only game that stutters....

so rent bioshock and see if its the disc or the machine...

i guess.

Im pissed.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    StudioAudienceStudioAudience Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The stuttering in bioshock may be due to the recent patch that was released over live. I haven't had any problems with it, but if you take a gander at the bioshock thread in G&T, you'll see some posts stating a similar issue. Stolen from a website:
    To clear the hard drive cache, you must hold down both the RB and LB gamepad buttons while the game is starting. This must be done IMMEDIATELY after the console is rebooted (or the game is launched from the dashboard) and the buttons must only be released AFTER the red 2K Games logo appears.

StudioAudience on
    studaud.png
    GFWL: studaud (for SF4)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Holy crap if thats it you will be made honorary god king of my crappy apartment.

It seems to just be bioshock which I have not played since the update. (beat twice and set down for a bit before tackling hard)

Ill try asap.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    NovaRevNovaRev Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The BioShock update has been causing some problems for people (stuttering, freezing), so I'd say that it's the update that is giving you trouble rather than a hardware malfunction, especially since your other games are working fine. If the solution that StudioAudience posted doesn't work for you or the problem comes back, you can try removing the update from your system by clearing the cache from the dashboard. This can be done by going to the system blade, highlighting your hard drive, pressing Y, and then hitting X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. It should ask you if you want to perform system maintenance. If you choose to do this, be aware that it clears out all of the patches that you have downloaded for all of your other games as well, so you'll be prompted to update the next time you play any of your other games (assuming those games have updates available).

NovaRev on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Interesting.... I have a single Bioshock save game (out of about 10) with a november date, I think 2005.

EDIT: This save was created before any bioshock updates came down the tubes.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg