As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is anyone else tired of EA's war against LANs for their racing games?

VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
EA's games are notoriously lacking in system link/Lan options. I haven't seen a racing game from them in years that had the option, all multiplayer being online only or two player split screen. What gives here, all I want to do is have some friends over to play Burnout or NFS:Carbon, but none of these offer system link, yet have robust multiplayer features.

Do any other EA non-racing games have this issue btw? Wonder if its corporate policy to snuff out lan play and force online only. Which of course is a great way to force us all to update to the newest version of the game a year later when they kill the online servers like they did recently.

Vechloran.png
Velmeran on

• Options
    SamuraiRockSamuraiRock Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You probably hit the nail on the head with that last comment, but I distinctly remember playing Need for Speed: Some Superfluous Subtitle over LAN sometime in the past few years, I remember because it took us a while to get it going and my computer only got like 5fps on it but I still won 8-)

SamuraiRock on