Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

FloPAX (BIG IMPORTANT UPDATE PG 1 7/20)

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    i'm considering driving down there from Atlanta, as i haven't done shit all summer except work. The only hitch for me is that i need to make sure i can afford that AND tuition in the fall.

You're welcome to come if you can. Were doing everything we can to make this as cheap as possible.
    Well, i think the larger financial burden would be the cost of gas. i also just found out that my band might be playing a show that weekend, rendering any potential social awkwardness moot. i'll just have to mail anthrax to the Magic Kingdom that weekend.

Well, if you don't come, at least I don't have to worry about pronouncing your handle properly.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    i'm considering driving down there from Atlanta, as i haven't done shit all summer except work. The only hitch for me is that i need to make sure i can afford that AND tuition in the fall.

You're welcome to come if you can. Were doing everything we can to make this as cheap as possible.
    Well, i think the larger financial burden would be the cost of gas. i also just found out that my band might be playing a show that weekend, rendering any potential social awkwardness moot. i'll just have to mail anthrax to the Magic Kingdom that weekend.

Well, if you don't come, at least I don't have to worry about pronouncing your handle properly.
    Oh god. Do you people actually address eachother by handles in person? A lot of the "hackers" around Atlanta, especially the 2600 kids, like to do that. It drives me up the fucking wall. i understand that most of those kids are involved in or romanticize involvement in illegal activities, but a lot of screennames just aren't good pseudonyms.

1LRdqui.png
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Oh god. Do you people actually address eachother by handles in person? A lot of the "hackers" around Atlanta, especially the 2600 kids, like to do that. It drives me up the fucking wall. i understand that most of those kids are involved in or romanticize involvement in illegal activities, but a lot of screennames just aren't good pseudonyms.

we'll call you it until you say "hey, call me Jim"

where Jim is your name

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

hahaha

it depends

for example, I call Borfase Borfase but I call Nads by his real name

edited July 2005
    Raneados wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

we'll call you it until you say "hey, call me Jim"

where Jim is your name

ok that tears it

I will be calling Raneados 'Jim' at FloPAX

I don't care what his real name is

edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Well, no. But, like, if I'm sitting there with a giant 'NADS 4 MOD' sign so people know where to meet, I'd like forumers to come up to me and be like, 'Hey, I'm The Black Wind. My name's (whatever TBW's name is)' so that I know who is who.

Also, I demand that everyone call me by my PA handle.

• thewizardofshoethewizardofshoe Registered User
    edited July 2005
    You...you mean your name's not Sheri?

Lukevsvader.jpg
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    hahaha
    it depends
    I call your mom "Borfase".

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Well, no. But, like, if I'm sitting there with a giant 'NADS 4 MOD' sign so people know where to meet, I'd like forumers to come up to me and be like, 'Hey, I'm The Black Wind. My name's (whatever TBW's name is)' so that I know who is who.

No i refuse I want to call you by your real name

edited July 2005
    Bogey wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    hahaha
    it depends

I am gonna fuck you in an uncomfortable place.

edited July 2005

It's actually Raquishashakwanalesheikatekwanza.

• BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Bogey wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    hahaha
    it depends

Like a broom-closet?

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:

which can be shortened to 'Val'

• thewizardofshoethewizardofshoe Registered User
    edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:

I think my head just exploded.

Lukevsvader.jpg
    edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Bogey wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    hahaha
    it depends

Like the backseat of a Volkswagon?

edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    Bogey wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    hahaha
    it depends

<3

Bogey is such a stupid

edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

i'm seriously tempted to get the Eye of Providence tattooed on the plam of my hand. i don't know why. But yeah, i suppose the social context of hackers is totally different. They're trying to avoid explicitly advertising their presence. People tend to sniff around the group before approaching. It's pretty weird. Though the nerdy people wearing all black huddled around laptops stealing wireless from someone is usually a dead give away.

1LRdqui.png
    edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    Bogey wrote:
    the wook wrote:
    hahaha
    it depends

<3

Bogey is such a stupid

<3

edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

i'm seriously tempted to get the Eye of Providence tattooed on the plam of my hand. i don't know why. But yeah, i suppose the social context of hackers is totally different. They're trying to avoid explicitly advertising their presence. People tend to sniff around the group before approaching. It's pretty weird. Though the nerdy people wearing all black huddled around laptops stealing wirless from someone is usually a dead give away.

man it's not gonna be like that at all

i mean, for one, i'm gonna be naked

edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

i'm seriously tempted to get the Eye of Providence tattooed on the plam of my hand. i don't know why. But yeah, i suppose the social context of hackers is totally different. They're trying to avoid explicitly advertising their presence. People tend to sniff around the group before approaching. It's pretty weird. Though the nerdy people wearing all black huddled around laptops stealing wirless from someone is usually a dead give away.

Man, it's old news.

• ReginaldReginald Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

it will still look like you're wearing an orange sweater.

edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Well, at this point, i don't think it's very likely that i attend. i was just rambling on about the secret society nature of social contact i've seen made by internet people in the past. i stopped hanging out with those people years ago, when i stupidly got into things that had real legal repurcussions, way beyond the standard group hijinks. Now i just see them gathering once a month by the theater i go to. My friend David and i stand around and comment on the patently asocial tendency of it while i wait for him to finish his cigarette. It's a bizarre ritual.

1LRdqui.png
    edited July 2005
    Guys, do you think an 'I <3 Nads' shirt would be inappropriate for Disney World?

• BrinkBrink Registered User
    edited July 2005
    Shit, I think they sell 'em

;)
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I know for a fact that kids cannot get enough nads

I mean

Nads

<.<

>.>

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    :roll:

Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
    edited July 2005
  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Brink wrote:

They became a hot item after the first SoCalPAX.

....what the hell am I doing in this thred, I don't live in Florida.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
    edited July 2005
    Nads wrote:
    Brink wrote:

Neither does wook, but he is coming!

edited July 2005
    Nads wrote:
    Brink wrote:

lol

SoCal 4 Lyfe

edited July 2005
    Sheri wrote:
    Nads wrote:
    Brink wrote:

ALL OVER THE PLACE

edited July 2005
    the wook wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Nads wrote:
    Brink wrote:

ALL OVER THE PLACE

Sementics.

• NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    I misspelled 'thread.'

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
    edited July 2005
    Nads wrote:
    I misspelled 'thread.'

h5

edited July 2005
    Hey, does anyone wanna come to Universal with me and the wook on Friday?

I didn't want anyone to miss the offer. >.>

edited July 2005
    lol Sheri is scared to be alone with me

edited July 2005
    I'm just being polite, wook.

If no one goes, we can just make out in my apartment instead.

:winky:

edited July 2005
    quick somebody else has to come

edited July 2005
    :(

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm talking about NEXT Friday, the 22nd of July, the day before FloPAX.

edited July 2005
This discussion has been closed.