Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play: Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis. "On The Highway To Hell!" Finished

124»

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    SimBen wrote: »
    You can convince Trottier to come back in again, but it takes a whole lot of ass-kissing.

Yeah, that and he asks a bunch of questions out of the Dialogue as well from memory. I couldn't be bothered with the finger guessing thing and you have to go to the Algiers anyway so I just grab the mask for it.

• GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Moar updates! I'm stuck in the Atlantis Maze.

PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
    edited January 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Moar updates! I'm stuck in the Atlantis Maze.

Ask and yee shall recieve. Next update should be either today or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes me to type it up.

Also, someone please maek post one more time so we can get to the next page and stop having to load up 600 odd pictures to read the newest update.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    Also, someone please maek post one more time so we can get to the next page and stop having to load up 600 odd pictures to read the newest update.
    Come on. You don't honestly believe that someone is going to make a completely pointless post just because you ask them to?

Dammit!

edited January 2008
    Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis Part 8: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Greeting fellow PAers and welcome to the special New Years edition of Indy Exciting Atlantis Adventures.

The story so far: (From the last update.)
    Spoiler:

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue. (Or Atlantis at last!)
    Spoiler:

The Lost City of Atlantis.
    Spoiler:

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    :D YAY!

Don't leave me here you, you, troglodyte!

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm not sure if everyone know this but if you push keypad 0 during any of the fights Indy will do a sucker punch. This works on every enemy in the game except one. Also there are 3 endings to the game not 2.

In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This game, she seems...interesting. Too bad I suck at these types.

League of Legends: Glacys
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
  • EupfhoriaEupfhoria Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    See, this is why I love reading these forums, and even posting in them occasionally

I remember getting this game, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, and Rebel Assault in a LucasArts game collection with my Christmas money, when I was like 12. I also got Full Throttle around the same time. Much enjoyment was had.

ahhh...the memories. Good times! They really dont make games like this anymore...

Great work on this thread, Kelor

• HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    great new post. love this thread

camo_sig2.png
    edited January 2008
    How on earth do you figure out half of these puzzles. I've been tryin to figure them out myself without looking but it's impossible.

• FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    How on earth do you figure out half of these puzzles. I've been tryin to figure them out myself without looking but it's impossible.

Experience? Trial and error? I know personally when I was really young it was mostly trial and error (except maybe King's Quest 4, as a lot of that was fairytale based and I applied fairytale logic to the puzzles). When I got older and grasped the way adventure games often worked, it was more experience. And sometimes, dumb luck.

I'm still following this thread every update. It's great fun to read about my favorite Indy game again.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Can somebody do I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream? I don't have the energy to play some RPG knockoff of a short story. But it's the most fucked up thing I've ever read.

steam_sig.png
  • CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User
    edited January 2008
    I remember accidentally killing Indy and crying. This was actually the first game I ever played and it was/is/always will be awesome.

I just played this game over during the last week of school before break. Now I'm trying to get The Dig to run.

This sig was too tall - Elki.
    edited January 2008
    I remember accidentally killing Indy and crying. This was actually the first game I ever played and it was/is/always will be awesome.

I just played this game over during the last week of school before break. Now I'm trying to get The Dig to run.

http://www.scummvm.org/? The Dig's pretty awesome. The first adventure game I ever played was either Police Quest 1 or King's Quest 4 though and I knew barely any English.. I used to play these games with a dictionary by my side (the first *game* I ever played must have been some ascii based elephant and snake thingie that came with my dad's version of DOS).

edited January 2008
    Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis Part 9: "We Are Sailing, We Are SAAAAAAAAIIILLLIIINNNG"

You'll have to forgive me for this one, I got hooked on Audiosurf during the intermission. I've had the pics photobucketed for ages.

Tcheldor, I loved this game as a kid, so a lot of these puzzles I remember from playing this game with my brother way back when. They make a lot more sense when you see them in the context of the game. I've cut a fair bit of that out, since as someone said near the start of the thread, you'd be reading a walkthrough with pictures.

Also, I'm just that awesome.

I'll have this done in one more update I think, so get ready for the PENULTIMATE update folks.

The story since the last update.
    Spoiler:

Those Damn Krakens.
    Spoiler:

• tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ha, this update was fantastic.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive Damn these electric sex pants! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm moist with excitement over the next update, as I think that this is the area where I got stuck when I played it years back. I feel like a fat guy watching his son win the 100m Olympic gold.

Another successful post, thanks to the power of Spacestar Ordering™!
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Masterfully done. :^: I can't wait to see the forthcoming battle of wits.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yes! so awesome.

steam_sig.png

I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Great LP so far, Kelor

4484-7718-8470
  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    hahaha GREAT update.

I love this thread

edit - i may have to go have a indy marathon now

camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2008
    we need to see the end!

• tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    oh god I am awful to have forgotten about this. :(

edited March 2008
    I haven't.

Its almost done. I've got 200 odd screen shots to resize and you'll have it. I've included the alternate ending too.

I've tried to record the ending, but after trying Camstudio, Camtasia and Fraps, all refuse to record sound so I may have to just link it.

If anyone knows why they refuse to record sound, PM me and I'll try to include it.

Edit: Stilllll uploading. Will be ready for you to read before you run off to get Brawl.

edited March 2008
    Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis Part 10: We're On The Highway To Hell!

The story so far: (From the last update)
    Spoiler:

Central Atlantis:
    Spoiler:

The Bad
    Spoiler:

The Good:
    Spoiler:

The End:
    Spoiler:

Thanks for reading my Let's Play everyone, as well as putting up with the length of the updates. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did playing it.

One of the best games ever made and from the replies in the thread one of the first games a lot of us ever played, I've had a lot of fun playing through it again. If you haven't played it and ever get the chance to pick this up, do it.

I did try to record the finale, but all the programs I tried refused to record the sound from Scumm. I did manage to track it down on Youtube, so I've included links for those of you who want to hear the music and voices. Part one and two.

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah what the hell why didn't they make another one!?

LUCAAASAARTTTSS!!!!

itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know, I don't think the 'Bad Ending' is an actual bad ending. It's just another Game Over.

Anyways, good job and all that.

Now do the Fighting and Wits paths.

• devoirdevoir Registered User
    edited March 2008
    I loved your little spoilers, Kelor. =)

And for anyone who wants to know what happened to the Indy adventure games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Iron_Phoenix

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    "When I become a God, I'm sending you straight to hell."

One of my favorite lines from anything ever. :^: That's arguably my favorite scene in the game.

Day of the Tentacle next? :P

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
    edited March 2008
    :^:

Great Let's Play Kelor. Was a lot of fun to read through it and remember the last time I played the game myself :)

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive Damn these electric sex pants! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Finally, I know how the game ends! Thanks for doing what my twelve-year-old self never could.

Another successful post, thanks to the power of Spacestar Ordering™!
  • blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Just popping in to say how much I enjoyed the LP, thanks a bunch for doing it.

Oh god the memories, I remember playing this with the old man, then a year later by myself and solving every single moonstone puzzle through sheer trial and error. Took me like a week to do the final one :P

I think i may just have to fire up day of the tentacle now, or at least hope someone does a let's play...

hintyhinty

<.< >.>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
124»