As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Going to Tokyo! What to see/do?

vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm sure this topic has come up before, but I failed my search roll, so I turn to you H/A. My girlfriend and I are going to Tokyo next week (Sept. 23rd to 30th). She's attending the DiGRA conference, I'm going because it's freakin' Tokyo. Some background:
- Here's the hotel where we'll be staying; it's very close to Akihabara Station, so I'll probably spend quite a bit of time traipsing through Akihabara
- I speak very little Japanese, and it's quite rusty
- We arrive just as the Tokyo Game Show ends, so unfortunately that's not an option for Sunday
- I'll have a fair bit of time to kill during the days when she's at the conference, so solo daytime activities would be golden
- I've been saving diligently for several months, so I've got quite a cash reserve above and beyond what I spent on airfare and hotel

Anyone care to furnish me/us with recommendations for stuff to see/do while in Tokyo?

Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
vonPoonBurGer on

• Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    studio ghibli musuem...nuff said...

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    RazielRaziel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Meiji shrine is a nice break. Tokyo's a fucking exhausting city - so many people swarming around, so many lights, so much noise. It's nice to take a break somewhere quiet and just walk around. It's at Harajuku station, I think. So you can look at all the freaks on the way.

Raziel on
    Read the mad blog-rantings of a manic hack writer here.

Thank you, Rubacava!