Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Going to Tokyo! What to see/do?

vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm sure this topic has come up before, but I failed my search roll, so I turn to you H/A. My girlfriend and I are going to Tokyo next week (Sept. 23rd to 30th). She's attending the DiGRA conference, I'm going because it's freakin' Tokyo. Some background:
- Here's the hotel where we'll be staying; it's very close to Akihabara Station, so I'll probably spend quite a bit of time traipsing through Akihabara
- I speak very little Japanese, and it's quite rusty
- We arrive just as the Tokyo Game Show ends, so unfortunately that's not an option for Sunday
- I'll have a fair bit of time to kill during the days when she's at the conference, so solo daytime activities would be golden
- I've been saving diligently for several months, so I've got quite a cash reserve above and beyond what I spent on airfare and hotel

Anyone care to furnish me/us with recommendations for stuff to see/do while in Tokyo?

vonPoonBurGer on
Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer

• Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    studio ghibli musuem...nuff said...

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • RazielRaziel Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Meiji shrine is a nice break. Tokyo's a fucking exhausting city - so many people swarming around, so many lights, so much noise. It's nice to take a break somewhere quiet and just walk around. It's at Harajuku station, I think. So you can look at all the freaks on the way.

Read the mad blog-rantings of a manic hack writer here.

Thank you, Rubacava!