As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40k?] Any info on Warhammer 40k MMO...

1235»

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    widowson wrote: »
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    widowson wrote: »
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Yeah, certain Guardsmen would fucking kill Space Marines without breaking a sweat. Not necessarily grunts obviously, but a Catachan or death world Sergeant, Commissar, or Sanctioned Psyker certainly could do the job.

[geek argument]

Oh *hell* no!

Watch Predator sometime to see what would happen. Now imagine the predator is 200 pounds heavier, 1 foot taller, has 4" thick armor, and a fully automatic rocket launcher, as mentioned below.

It's been reiterated by GW that Space Marines are not the "Navy Seals" of the Imperium, that equivilant is the Stormtroopers of the IG. Navy Seals are "normal grunts" compared to Space Marines.

A Space Marine would kill a Catchan before he ever was seen (jnfared helmet, augmented sight/smell, superhuman reflexes/aiming), and would put either his first through the chest of a Commissar or make his head explode if hit there.

A sanctioned psyker *might* have a chance if he was lucky enough to get close, but those guys are total physical/mental wrecks.

[/geek argument]
    You don't need to explain to me what Space Marines are like, I'd still place my bets on a Catachan Sergeant in the jungle.

And I'd take that bet. :P

Anyways, what if they do some kind of RTS MMO? Hasn't been tried before, has it?
    Psh, when do you find a commissar without several dozen pieces of ablative armor?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Shattered Galaxy is an RTS MMO. It can be a fun game. Totally depends on whose online and some luck but it can be a real blast.

Looks interesting. Imagine that set in Ultima Segmentum or Cadia, hrm. Dawn of War online, heh..

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher