As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] this puppy into the ground

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Also fuck CSI, y'all should watch the Wire.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i have too much free mountain dew gamer fuel all up in me, they kept pushing that shit on us and i am caffeinated

Man, that stuff is disgusting and lazy of Mountain Dew. It's just Code Red and Livewire damnit!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I heard that was pretty good

The Wire that is

Medopine on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    There's a techie opening with an $18/hr starting salary and full benefits/protections I can get, guaranteed, if I am willing to suffer the 40+ hour work week. I don't see myself doing so well this semester that I can earn the full scholarship/transfer that I desperately want. If I get the job, I have financial security and can begin piecing together an actual life.

I would do this for a while.
    Then at 24 you can declare yourself an independent student and file for FAFSA.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Medopine wrote: »

The Wire that is
    The Wire's awesome, and where do you live in Portland?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    There's a techie opening with an $18/hr starting salary and full benefits/protections I can get, guaranteed, if I am willing to suffer the 40+ hour work week. I don't see myself doing so well this semester that I can earn the full scholarship/transfer that I desperately want. If I get the job, I have financial security and can begin piecing together an actual life.

It would appear I didn't see this part (or read it and didn't read it). This sounds like an alright choice.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    In other news my cat just took a wicked shit.

Savant on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

Also, Freamon and McNulty eat fucking David fucking Caruso's lunch.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Also, Freamon and McNulty eat fucking David fucking Caruso's lunch.
    I hate PrickNulty's character, but the actor who plays him is all right.

His Baltimore accent, though ... not quite there.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, Pinback sucks.

Why do ex-girlfriends always like such crappy music?
    You and WaM called it quits?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The Wire that is

Condo in the Pearl.

Don't shoot me! I swear I'm not a snob!

Medopine on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Also also, fuck CSI Miami especially because it's so goddamn creepy and reactionary. Every episode is about people dying because they smoked the devil weed, or had non-missionary sex, or let an immigrant trim their bushes or something.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

It would appear I didn't see this part (or read it and didn't read it). This sounds like an alright choice.

Yeah, in the US, your financial aid benefits are tied to your parent's income until the age of 24.

The biggest thing Oboro needs to be careful of is to not get sucked into the grind. Don't take out any debt, try to keep expenses to a minimum, and save up as much money as possible.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Also also, fuck CSI Miami especially because it's so goddamn creepy and reactionary. Every episode is about people dying because they smoked the devil weed, or had non-missionary sex, or let an immigrant trim their bushes or something.

Or all three at once. :wink:

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The Wire that is

Condo in the Pearl.

Word -- where at?

I'm rarely in the Pearl, although my homegirl works at this bougie ass boutique somewhere in there, near that weird park with all the slatted boardwalk-y type shit right there. I guess maybe some Thursday I should actually go to First Thursday, but the whole obnoxious fashion parade aspect of it sorta sucks my will to live if I'm not good and toasted beforehand.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    The biggest thing Oboro needs to be careful of is to not get sucked into the grind. Don't take out any debt, try to keep expenses to a minimum, and save up as much money as possible.
    That and actually acting like an adult at some point.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    oh also now i have $70 of burger king gift cards lololol

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The Wire that is

Condo in the Pearl.

Word -- where at?

I'm rarely in the Pearl, although my homegirl works at this bougie ass boutique somewhere in there, near that weird park with all the slatted boardwalk-y type shit right there. I guess maybe some Thursday I should actually go to First Thursday, but the whole obnoxious fashion parade aspect of it sorta sucks my will to live if I'm not good and toasted beforehand.

No, pretty much I avoid First Thursday and it always pisses me off because there's extra traffic and retarded pedestrians having conversations in the middle of intersections and shit.

Where are you at? Also recommend a good breakfast place, I've pretty much burned myself out on all my favorites lately.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Is First Thursday different from First Friday? I mean, besides the obvious?

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    No, pretty much I avoid First Thursday and it always pisses me off because there's extra traffic and retarded pedestrians having conversations in the middle of intersections and shit.

Where are you at? Also recommend a good breakfast place, I've pretty much burned myself out on all my favorites lately.
    I'm right in the heart of Hawthorne, real close to the Freddy's and the Baghdad (is that the Baghdad? I always get it mixed up) down in the 30s.

My favorite breakfast place in all of Portland is Bertie Lou's, in Sellwood (even Hacksaw ate there!), on SE 17th and Spokane.

Besides that, I have a soft spot for Sewickly's (sp?) because it's one of those super greasy greasy spoons at like 49th and Hawthorne. You get big portions, full of grease, and it has the tackiest decor you've seen in your life as well as a cavernous, painfully underlit bar next door from which you can order the whole range of cocktails even at 11 in the morning. It's fucking money when you roll out of bed with a hangover, get a huge, greasy, cheesy omelet with some hashbrowns, and then order a bloody mary or two.

There's a couple hip places here on Hawthorne and Belmont that always have lines, but I haven't been able to fully explore them all at this point. I stand by Bertie Lou's as the best breakfast place I've found in quite a few different places. I ate there a lot at my old apartment.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    A klondike bar

<3

Gim on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, the music in that last scene was straight out of AD

Horatio was going to share his "Pop Secret" with that kid

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    First Thursday is when all the Pearl district art galleries (of which there are many) open their doors and set out new exhibits for the hipsters to come see and be seen at. I don't know what First Friday is.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Hell yes, I need more east side places. I mean there are some nice restaurants here in the Pearl but a lot of them lack character.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Man, the music in that last scene was straight out of AD

Horatio was going to share his "Pop Secret" with that kid

HA YOU WERE WATCHING IT TOO

Did you like his subtle use of "son"

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    There was a small diner in Spokane that had cheap cinnamon rolls that were larger than my fist.

God, I want to go there again and steal their cook/recipe.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    First Thursday is when all the Pearl district art galleries (of which there are many) open their doors and set out new exhibits for the hipsters to come see and be seen at. I don't know what First Friday is.

Ah, okay. That's what First Friday is here.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    What?!

They're bringing American Gladiators back?

Why was I not informed of this sooner?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hell yes, I need more east side places. I mean there are some nice restaurants here in the Pearl but a lot of them lack character.
    Yeah, I find myself eating lots of bar food around town, there's only a few restaurants I really go in for. Belmont between like 20 and 40 has quite a few places, ditto for Hawthorne. There's some hip cafe right next to my house I went to once (and enjoyed), but the lines have kept me from going back since then.

You should really talk to my friend Diana -- haha -- she's made it a mission to eat at a new breakfast place every time she eats breakfast in Portland. I haven't checked in with her recently to see how the rankings were looking, but I do know she likes the cafe here at like 37th and Hawthorne (Good Morning Cafe maybe?).

There's some okay places over in the Alphabet district, too, if you don't want to bother with the bridges.

edit: Daybreak Cafe maybe?

• Options
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    What?!

WHAT

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Place your bets, folks: How many insulting PMs do I have to respond with to this guy before he realizes I'm not even reading his PMs?

We're up to 5

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Place your bets, folks: How many insulting PMs do I have to respond with to this guy before he realizes I'm not even reading his PMs?

We're up to 5
    Voting 8.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    What?!

WHAT

NBC.com is holding casting calls for it in Las Vegas.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I heard that they were having tryouts a few weeks ago in LA. I don't know if they were auditioning anywhere else.

I am optimistic for greatness, but am wary that they'll give it a retarded presentation given the updates in electronic flashiness. Although I don't remember the first series holding back on stuff like that, so it might survive.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    He's gone quiet, I may have jinxed it.

Or maybe a response consisting of the word "poo" got the point across

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    BRING BACK LASER

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

We're up to 5
    Voting 8.
    An even 10.

What guy and what's he mad about?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I find myself eating lots of bar food around town, there's only a few restaurants I really go in for. Belmont between like 20 and 40 has quite a few places, ditto for Hawthorne. There's some hip cafe right next to my house I went to once (and enjoyed), but the lines have kept me from going back since then.

You should really talk to my friend Diana -- haha -- she's made it a mission to eat at a new breakfast place every time she eats breakfast in Portland. I haven't checked in with her recently to see how the rankings were looking, but I do know she likes the cafe here at like 37th and Hawthorne (Good Morning Cafe maybe?).

There's some okay places over in the Alphabet district, too, if you don't want to bother with the bridges.

edit: Daybreak Cafe maybe?

See ok this is my list

Mother's Cafe
    Daily Cafe
    Fenoieul (really fancy french place that I would only go to if feeling really really fancy, also probably spelled wrong)
    Byways Cafe
    Gravy
    Tin Shed (or Tin Roof or Tin Something)

So all these new things you're telling me? Eeeexcellent.

Medopine on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu is a silly goose:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    titmouse wrote: »
    It's always good style to express things as succinctly as possible.

Do you know how hard it is to write a long paper while trying to write things as succinctly as possible?

Do you know how much subtlety and depth you lose when you try to write things as succinctly as possible?

Are you honestly this dense? If you're losing anything, you aren't expressing the same thing more succinctly; you're expressing something else.

suc·cinct
    1. expressed in few words; concise; terse.
    2. characterized by conciseness or verbal brevity.

Nothing mentioned about keeping depth or subtlety. But, back on topic. Weeee.

I didn't say anything about nouns, either; maybe I should have mentioned those too?

If you absolutely cannot make a sentence more succinct without losing subtlety and meaning, than it fucking obviously isn't POSSIBLE to express the THINGS you want to any more succinctly, you pedantic shitsucker.
    Inquisitor wrote:

You know what's funny? The sentence sucks because you were trying to be succinct.

You should have used a longer sentenced saying "It's always good to express things as succinctly as possible, without sacrificing meaning or depth"

Look, I can prove a point without insulting you, or using large font sizes.
    Senjutsu wrote:
    That's redundant, you fuckwit
    Inquisitor wrote:

Still with the anger.

Not really.

It might have been implied, but definitely wasn't clearly and unquestionably stated.

Anyway, I'm off for work. I'll be glad to chat with your angry little self later.
    Senjutsu wrote:
    I really don't give a shit what you think, cuntwit. At this point I'm just curious as to how many times you'll come back for more insults.
    Inquisitor wrote:
    So much hate, but, I guess that's what someone who watches House would think is "cool"

"It's always good style to express things as succinctly as possible."

Is what you wrote, this we can agree upon.

Here's the definition of the world always:

every time; on every occasion; without exception

Here's the definition of the word succinctly:

expressed in few words; concise; terse.

Here's the definition of possible:

that may or can be, exist, happen, be done, be used

So, using the simple law of substitution:

It's on every occasion, without exception better style to express things in as few words as can be done.

That was your statement.

Now, in your own head, you had this tacked on.

It's on every occasion, without exception better style to express things in as few words as can be done (without sacrificing depth or meaning).

That's what you thought, but that is not what you said.

Can you not see the great irony of this? By trying to be overly succinct in your statement about how being succinct is being superior, you cut off to much of your sentence and lost it's proper meaning.

Now, you may have meant to imply that you should not sacrifice depth or meaning, but you never stated it. In fact, you stated an absolute with the world always.

To conclude, learn to admit when you are wrong instead of being stubborn about it.
    Senjutsu wrote:
    cunt cunt cunt

cunt cunt cunt

cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
    Inquisitor wrote:
    That's awfully succinct of you.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That Senj is Senj.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.