As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Little help with my laptop-> 360 connection

Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
Okay, since my only internet is wireless broadband, I was using my laptop to share the internet connection with my 360. And up till now it was working fine, but now I get a pop up that says my LAN connection has Limited or no connectivity, and when I run Test connection on my 360 it fails at IP adress and says "Your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server."

Now, I know next to nothing about this stuff, so anyone got any help they can give me? I'm using Windows XP SP2 if it matters.

Inglorious Coyote on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    So, no one can help?

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Are they connected via a switch/router or just a crossover cable?

If they are connected via a crossover cable, then they need to have IPs manually set, usually by some sort of Internet Connection Sharing wizard.

If they are connected via a switch/router, then the DHCP server isn't functioning (isn't giving out the IP addresses that they need to talk to each other). A DHCP server can be a router, your PC or somet other device on the network.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    Are they connected via a switch/router or just a crossover cable?

If they are connected via a crossover cable, then they need to have IPs manually set, usually by some sort of Internet Connection Sharing wizard.

If they are connected via a switch/router, then the DHCP server isn't functioning (isn't giving out the IP addresses that they need to talk to each other). A DHCP server can be a router, your PC or somet other device on the network.
    Connect just with a cable (the one that came with the 360).

I ran the wizard before when I set it up, and everything was working fine. I'll try it again and see what happens.

edit- Okay, ran the Setup Wizard again, and it looks like it's working. Thanks, didn't think of doing that.

Inglorious Coyote on