As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Puzzle Quest

MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
So I got Puzzle Quest for my DS> I have been seeing Bejeweled in my sleep lately. After many, many hours, I have hardly scratched the surface.

Am I really that behind on this game?

What are some good skills for a knight? Any tips?
Dwarven Heirloom Sidequest
So if I keep the heirloom, the key, what happens?

steam_sig.png
Machismo on

• Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Just picked up the PSP version. Pretty awesome, though I sort of suck at it.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    bah, why isn't this out for XBLA yet?

Evander on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I share the Bejewelled affliction. I bought the game, but won't have a PSP for another two days when my sister lends me hers.

I'm pretty fancy at Bejewelled, so I think I'll do fine... but the depth on this game seems crazy fathoms.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    As far as skills go, only spend your skill points on the ones you can get for 1 point each (for a knight I think it's Battle & Morale); you can build up the rest at your citadel once you have the money.

Also, the Knight Lord spell (combined with Vigil, maybe Favor) owns everyone.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Puzzle Quest owned my soul for several weeks. I don't remember much else in that time besides Puzzle Quest.

And yeah, I did also see PQ in my sleep, whenever I'd close my eyes, when I wasn't thinking about anything...

I wouldn't recommend playing the Knight, the latter half of the game is a bit of a breeze with 'em. My max lvl knight rates Lord Bane, in the quick battle mode, as being "Average" dificulty with every other monster being easy or very easy haha. Can usually kill him in a few moves.

Conquer as many of the towns as soon as you can. Freeeee money. Hunt around for as many runes as you can find as well. If you can make an enchanted weapon with poision-strike, you'll dominate :)

Level up your mount as high as you can because those random battles with Ogres get pretty tiresome after the 30th-ish time haha.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Evander wrote: »

Evander on
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Seriously. I have been checking for this on XBLA every week.

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Every time somebody makes a Puzzle Quest thread I get all excited that perhaps they have finally released the finished PC version, but no.

Even tootling over to the official boards has provided me with no actual date.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh hey. I did the Dwarven Heirloom and took the item for myself....
    It gives you like two green mana everytime the enemy casts a spell
    Kinda worthless, the reward for most.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Cruix wrote: »

Seriously. I have been checking for this on XBLA every week.

Well, I check the XBLA updates every week anyway (as well as seeing if they have put up any other Katamari downloads, which I have a compulsion to buy ALL of) but the fact that Puzzle Quest is alreadyon XBox.com makes me think, every week, "this is it!", only to be dissappointed.

Evander on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This game sure likes to play itself sometimes. :(

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    This game sure likes to play itself sometimes. :(

Those are called chains. If you are really clever, you can MAKE those happen at will and make sure that you get an extra turn or two in the process. I have beaten monster before where they never even got a turn at combat.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've also been beaten by those monsters who employ the same tactics and basically lay me to waste. Once that rape train starts rolling, watch the fuck out, 'cuz it ain't got no brakes.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    devs said on the official forums, that it should be on XBLA in mid October.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Music rune item + Erik's Bow + Deathbringer = easy mode

:D

YerMum on
    Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options