Options

Filemaker troubles

FFFF Once Upon a TimeIn OaklandRegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been developing a filemaker database (yes it has to be filemaker, I wish it didn't...well sorta)

The database at it's most simple has two tables, one for client info (name, building, email, phone#) and another table for job ticket (work done, where, department) What I want to do is have the user be able to choose a clients name from a dropdown in the job ticket layout, and have it auto populate the rest of the clients information. Seems simple enough, but apparently it's not.

I was able to get an example filemaker file of what I want to do, however replicating the file has proven fruitless. When I create a new file and match everything from the example file (relationships, value lists, etc) I'll click on what should be a dropdown list in the job ticket layout and get nothing. No list of names, can't even enter text into the field.

What I'm hoping is that I've just missed some simple setting that may be hidden somewhere? I've linked to a zip file that has the example file (Client Test 2.fp7) and my attempt at recreating it (my test.fp7).

Might anyone here be a Filemaker developer/guru? Or more likely, just plain better at Filemaker than I?

filemaker.zip

Huh...
FF on