Update from the Community Manager on Beta Keys
Loyal and faithful community members and Beta testers, thank you for your support, help, and understanding during the Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising development process.
The development team established some very lofty and ambitious goals when the initial work was started on Gods & Heroes. Recently, we took a step back to evaluate the competitive landscape, the game's current state, and the overall goals for our organization. And while we are truly proud of and pleased with what we have created in Gods & Heroes, we also realize that achieving the level of quality and polish that we are committed to will take a significant investment.
The Perpetual team is faced with a unique challenge of simultaneously developing both Gods & Heroes and Star Trek Online in addition to growing our Online Game Platform business. After assessing all of Perpetual's opportunities, we have made the decision to put the development of Gods & Heroes on indefinite hold.
I want to express my overwhelming gratitude to the community, engineers, designers, artists, animators, and the game services team for the support and effort that has gone into Gods & Heroes.
Moving forward, we're shifting our collective focus, resources and development efforts to Perpetual's Platform Services division and Star Trek Online, thereby ensuring that the game lives up to the high level of expectation set by the dedicated Star Trek fan base.
Again, I would personally like to thank all of the Gods & Heroes supporters who have been with us from the beginning. Hopefully, your continued support will be as valuable to our future endeavors as it was with Gods & Heroes..
Vade in pace,
Try this link
What is it?
An MMORPG set in mythological ancient Rome, it is unique in that every class is a pet class, since you manage a squad of minions. Minions can be healers, tanks, mages, or DPS machines. Each class also can choose from one of two gods to be a scion of, with each god giving you different powers.
What are the classes?
- Gladiator: Scions of Fortuna or Jupiter, Gladiators are vicious, brutal, and intimidating warriors who can perform combat moves like Pankratic Assault, a high-damage wrestling move, and Impale, a devastating finishing move. Your basic DPS warrior.
- Soldier: Scions of Mars or Minerva, Soldiers are efficient and deadly warriors who can perform such attack moves Triarius Strike and Gut. Your basic tank warrior.
- Mystic: Scions of Bacchus or Trevia, Mystics have mastered the arcane arts of elemental sorcery and necromancy, enabling them to cast such spells as Numinous Flame and Miasma. Your basic mage class.
- Nomad: Scions of Mercury or Nemesis, Nomads are itinerant heroes who are equally adept at healing and fighting. Kind of like a shaman, but not.
- Priest: Scions of Juno or Pluto, Priests are the servants of the gods and can bless their allies.
- Scout: Scions of Apollo or Diana, Scouts are lethally accurate archers. The ranged DPS king.
So, Rome huh?
Yes, ancient Rome and some of its surrounding area. You can check out the world map and some more detailed areas on the Gods & Heroes main page.
Closed beta is still ongoing, which you can sign-up for, or alternatively, while supplies last, you can get a beta key here.
But make sure you've created a forum account first here.