As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parking?

ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
edited July 2005 in PAX Archive
Ok I know the Meydenbauer Center has a parking lot so I'm just wondering how much parking is there? Will there be a special rate for us PAXers? Also was there any problems last year with the parking lot filling up? Is there any cheap alternatives nearby?

Alright I think I'm done with the questions. :D

Zyzzyvas on

• Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    The parking lot across the street was inexpensive, but they gave me a ticket so I'm not sure I'd park there again. There is free parking if you don't mind walking several blocks to either the residential or mall areas.

There is SOME curbside parking, but not too much.

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    i think parking for the maydenbaurer was something like $24 for 2days so probably $36 for all three...kinda expensive, and ill be scouting around for free parking, walking aint that big a deal

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm staying just east of the convention center... The problem is, its across the expressway. Is walking across the expressway possible without dying?

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    I'm staying just east of the convention center... The problem is, its across the expressway. Is walking across the expressway possible without dying?

No. Atleast I haven't heard of anyone making it. It's somting like 8 lanes, plus a barrier in the center. Quite honestly, I wouldn't recommend trying to run across the highway, but you're welcome to try :wink:

Bongo on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Damn...

I was really hoping for one of those people bridges.

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    There are 3 bridges across I-405, all 3 of them are for both vehicle and people. The bridges are at 8th, 4th and main streets. 4th and Main would be closest to Maydenbauer.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Wait, since when did they put in foot bridges? Or rather, how come I didn't know about them? :?

Bongo on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Bongo wrote:
    Wait, since when did they put in foot bridges? Or rather, how come I didn't know about them? :?

They aren't foot-only bridges. It just regular bridges that go over 405. They have walk/don't walk signs with sidewalks. You can drive or walk over them. The bridges for 8th & main have been there forever. the 4th street bridge got added early this year.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Man, I can't believe I didn't know about those :oops:

Bongo on
  • Options
    AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    somebody needs to talk the doubletree into running a shuttle van from the ho tel to the convention center, that would make it easy to just leave alot of the cars at the hotel.

Anexkahn on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Anexkahn wrote:
    somebody needs to talk the doubletree into running a shuttle van from the ho tel to the convention center, that would make it easy to just leave alot of the cars at the hotel.

I could've sworn that they said they were going to do this last year, yet I saw nothing of the sort.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, it was going to happen last year, but something happened at the last minute.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Well it is only 3 blocks from the Doubletree to the Maydenbauer.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    hmm doubletree has free parking...there isnt anyway for them to know if im staying at the hotel if i just leave my car there...is there?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Shuttle bus. Done!

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2005
    they give you a parking pass when you check in

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I'll probably just walk to PAX or have my girlfriend drop me off.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2005
    there will be shuttles running from the hotel to the center at certain times. I'll let you guys know when those details have been finalized.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Is that only for the 'official' hotel? or will the shuttle be making the rounds to the hotels in the area?

Gamin on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I know I already posted this elsewhere but this is a good picture that shows the bridges I was talking about.
    Bellevue

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Are you going to be hoofing it Weaver?

I'm at Coast Bellevue Hotel... think that's walkable?

Gamin on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Dude that's like a block and a half. Totally walkable. It's barely even a mile from my apartment to the convention center. I posted the pics so people can stop freaking out thinking this is some immense urban expanse. It's a pretty small area. The entire downtown area of Bellevue is walkable.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Cool. I realized the distance was really close... as from what I can tell you should be able to see the convention center from my hotel...

Some cities (like the one I'm in) just do a really shitty job of setting sidewalks and the like... so if you try and walk anywhere you feel like you are gonna get run over er something =P

Gamin on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    The shuttle buses will likely only be coming from the Doubletree (the furthest of the official hotels).

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    Cool. I realized the distance was really close... as from what I can tell you should be able to see the convention center from my hotel...

Some cities (like the one I'm in) just do a really shitty job of setting sidewalks and the like... so if you try and walk anywhere you feel like you are gonna get run over er something =P

No, Bellevue is pretty much as suburban as you can get while still having tall-ish buildings.

Doc on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    The shuttle buses will likely only be coming from the Doubletree (the furthest of the official hotels).

-robert

Um, I assume you mean the "Doubletree Hotel Bellevue" at the bottom of the little map on the PAX site, and not the one that looks a stone's throw away, by the cloverleaf?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    St0nkingByteSt0nkingByte Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Is that $24-$36 for parking at the Meydenbauer for the entire weekend for real? Can anyone confirm that? As a local it it be worth $30 or a bit more to me to be able to come and go as I please ;)

St0nkingByte on
  • Options
    St0nkingByteSt0nkingByte Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    ah the website says "Parking in the Meydenbauer lot is charged an hourly or fixed rate depending on the event." and also says "$16 for an in-out pass valid until garage closing"

$16 x 3 = $48 OK maybe that's a bit much :|

St0nkingByte on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Raiden333 wrote:

-robert

Um, I assume you mean the "Doubletree Hotel Bellevue" at the bottom of the little map on the PAX site, and not the one that looks a stone's throw away, by the cloverleaf?

Yeah, sorry about that. The Northern Doubletree isn't a Doubletree anymore- they keep messing with me and these maps. The shuttles will be coming from the Southern Doubletree.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.