As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL 07/08 Season: Who are you rooting for?

• Options
    The Death Of HilarityThe Death Of Hilarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Washington is somehow beating Ottawa 3-1 in the third with 7 minutes left. I'm wondering if they can hold that lead.

The Death Of Hilarity on
    L+TheScythe21+L.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sign your team might not be so good at defense: You give up four goals to the Rangers.

Locus on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, that's it. I'm not watching anymore Flames games until at least December. Driving to my dad's after work to watch a game and then back pretty much takes an entire evening and with my already falling behind on my nanowrimo thing I'm not going to spend any more nights watching the Flames fuck about for 40 minutes.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, this is odd. Apparently having two of our top four defencemen go down with major injuries was just the wake up call the Canucks needed to actually start playing decently. I was expecting the roof to cave in on them.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, what is going on with the leafs? get murdered 6-1 by the sens, then come back to beat the sabres 3-0? i'm so damn confused by this team!

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ottawa's great this year, the Sabres blow so hard. What's confusing about that?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For me it's the LEAFS. *sigh*

I'm in the same boat as the other guys that would be happy with at least 1 Cup in their lifetime.

PLEASE get rid of McCabe....the guy sucks, and the wind-up he does for his slapshots takes forever. It's like, "Okay, I'm gonna shoot it...I'm winding up...do you see what I'm doing?...get ready goalie..it's a comin'....any second now." Cripes, he pisses me off sometimes.:x

Scotty on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Leafs here for me as well. Apparently I'm a total masochist this sports season(s) D:

Leafs won't do squat as usual
    The Jets are the worst they have been in a VERY long time
    The Blue Jays we're so-so and the Sox won the series
    and I have no idea what is going on with the Raptors -- but if the rest of my teams are any indication nothing good.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damn fucking Senators. We lead 1-0 with 5 minutes to go and they find a way to win 3-1. FUCK!

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scotty wrote: »
    For me it's the LEAFS. *sigh*

I'm in the same boat as the other guys that would be happy with at least 1 Cup in their lifetime.

PLEASE get rid of McCabe....the guy sucks, and the wind-up he does for his slapshots takes forever. It's like, "Okay, I'm gonna shoot it...I'm winding up...do you see what I'm doing?...get ready goalie..it's a comin'....any second now." Cripes, he pisses me off sometimes.:x

McCabe needs to take Ferguson with him when he gets the fuck out of town.

And Paul Maurice seems like a nice guy, but the Leafs could probably use a new coach as well, since Maurice isn't getting the job done. I think if this was any other team both him and JFJ would have been fired at the end of last season.

elevature on
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    roenick_4670.jpg

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wings are going for a franchise record 10th straight win tonight and Henrik Zetterberg is continuing to kick ass and take names (points in every game so far). Of course, no one in Detroit will really notice because it's primarily a football city (despite the marketing as Hockeytown) and there are reasons to watch the Lions besides their next draft pick or trying to get people fired. Also Illitch has brilliantly not lowered ticket prices despite the salary being cut in half post strike/lockout whatever it was so Red Wings game are no longer automatic sell outs like they used to be.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wings are going for a franchise record 10th straight win tonight and Henrik Zetterberg is continuing to kick ass and take names (points in every game so far). Of course, no one in Detroit will really notice because it's primarily a football city (despite the marketing as Hockeytown) and there are reasons to watch the Lions besides their next draft pick or trying to get people fired. Also Illitch has brilliantly not lowered ticket prices despite the salary being cut in half post strike/lockout whatever it was so Red Wings game are no longer automatic sell outs like they used to be.

Detroit has a football team? Man. Is it full of douchebags* like the hockey team?

*Chris Chelios.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    saggio wrote: »

Detroit has a football team? Man. Is it full of douchebags* like the hockey team?

*Chris Chelios.

Oh come on, he's an endearing old bastard!

Full disclosure: I loathed him when he was a Blackhawk.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm back in Atlanta for Thanksgiving and going to see the Thrashers Devils game Friday night, looking forward to it and hoping for a Thrashers win. Atlanta has had an amazing turnaround this season, they started out at 0 and 6, now they're at 10-10. They are tied for the best record of the last ten games with Ottawa and New York with 8 of the past 10 games being wins. If they keep playing this well they should take the second spot in the Southeast division very soon, and maybe the top spot soon after.

The Death Of Hilarity on
    L+TheScythe21+L.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey, guess what.

Apparently it takes more than goal tending to win hockey games.

The Canucks are so fucked...:x

saggio on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You know, I'd understand if you'd posted that a couple of weeks ago, but the Canucks have been on a roll lately, and scoring at a much improved clip.

Corvus on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, the Rangers are pretty clear proof that you do not, in fact, need more than goaltending to win hockey games.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    You know, I'd understand if you'd posted that a couple of weeks ago, but the Canucks have been on a roll lately, and scoring at a much improved clip.

Which has fairly well masked the terrible defensive breakdowns that we've been having.

Also, we lost to the Oilers again. Also in the shootout. What the hell is with that?

saggio on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't know. The Oilers game wasn't very good, but I sort of expect defensive breakdowns with the top three defencemen either injured or suspended.

After tonights game though, consider this: Naslund is on pace for 40 goals:!:

Corvus on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Go Wings.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't know. The Oilers game wasn't very good, but I sort of expect defensive breakdowns with the top three defencemen either injured or suspended.

Yeah, Naslund fucking pwned last game. It's good to see him back at it.

Also, is it any surprise that a guy called Satan likes the Detroit Red Wings?

saggio on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oilers are my team.

The Oilers suck.

I am sad.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Misery loves company.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Also, the Rangers are pretty clear proof that you do not, in fact, need more than goaltending to win hockey games.

This is why signing Lundqvist to only a one year deal was a bad idea

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    roywhitbyroywhitby Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Go Panthers! We beat the Rangers tonight and we are one game under .500 24 games into the season. Only the other Panther fan who posted a page or two back knows the significance of this. Maybe we can be in the playoff race on Jan. 1 this year! Or not. We will see.

roywhitby on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    roywhitby wrote: »
    Go Panthers! We beat the Rangers tonight and we are one game under .500 24 games into the season. Only the other Panther fan who posted a page or two back knows the significance of this. Maybe we can be in the playoff race on Jan. 1 this year! Or not. We will see.

What is the significance of this? That the Panthers suck a bit less than in the past?

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

:x St Louis beats us. Apparently this Canucks team can't beat anyone outside our own division.

WTF guys?

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    roywhitbyroywhitby Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    roywhitby wrote: »

What is the significance of this? That the Panthers suck a bit less than in the past?

The Panthers won one game in November the year after the lockout and 3 games in November last year. They are 6-5-1 this November after beating the Rangers tonight in a shootout. In other words, we're going to Disneyland. The bandwagon has a lot of room so everyone is welcome!

roywhitby on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Atlanta vs. New Jersey game tonight was a disappointment. Atlanta was very strong in the first period, but never managed to get the puck into the net. Pelley scored a very very lucky goal in the 2nd to go up 1-0 for the Devils, then we managed to get two hooking calls in 7 seconds time giving them a 5 on 3. They scored really quickly on that and we never recovered. Brodeur is a brick wall, we had a lot of great shots and he blocked all of them. It was a good game, just after that first goal for NJ, Atlanta just seemed to lose all enthusiasm and didn't play as well the rest of the night.

The Death Of Hilarity on
    L+TheScythe21+L.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

:x St Louis beats us. Apparently this Canucks team can't beat anyone outside our own division.

WTF guys?
    Yeah, I was born and raised in Detroit. I'm a Detroit fan. Get over it.

Detroit bites it to Chicago on a routine basis. They're very good at toppling good teams and have been for a while now. I'm never surprised to see them win. They're just horribly inconsistent.

Oh, and it's way too early to call someone "on pace" for anything.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wow, Vancouver just absolutely owned Anaheim. It made them look bad, which Anaheim really, really isn't.

I'm suitably impressed.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It helped that Anaheim played with zero discipline.

Corvus on
  • Options
    SaoThriceSaoThrice Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Go Stars!

I would love to see the Stars trade for a scoring winger to pair with Modano. Lord knows we have enough suitable defensemen to offer.

SaoThrice on
    letsboogie.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wow, Vancouver just absolutely owned Anaheim. It made them look bad, which Anaheim really, really isn't.

I'm suitably impressed.
    Vancouver needed a solid win and that certainly looks good for them.

Satan. on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This league is lookin more equal than ever with Ottawa and Detroit finally fallin back to Earth. I'm lovin it, teams have to give it all every night if they want to win.. they're is no ''easy'' opponents anymore.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jean wrote: »
    This league is lookin more equal than ever with Ottawa and Detroit finally fallin back to Earth. I'm lovin it, teams have to give it all every night if they want to win.. they're is no ''easy'' opponents anymore.

Except for Toronto. It's pretty much a guaranteed win. And I say that as a lifelong Leafs fan.

elevature on
  • Options
    SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    elevature wrote: »

Except for Toronto. It's pretty much a guaranteed win. And I say that as a lifelong Leafs fan.

Don't forget about Edmonton, they suck hard this year like a 85% chance they won 't show up until the shootout. Super fan number 1 here, I even used to be a season's ticket holder until I moved. Also fuck Penner, he has got to be the laziest person in the NHL.

Sunstrand on
    BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Detroit has been on earth for a couple seasons now. The media are the ones that are constantly pumping them up. Trust me, we were beyond sick of it here in Hockeytown.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just caught the highlights from the Calgary v Detroit game a couple days ago. Glad I didn't watch it, except Phaneuf just laid out the one Detroit player. Not to mention his goal.

Is it just me or is Phaneuf on track to be one of the league's best defensemen?

Nova_C on