As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ferocious Fidgeting

Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey PA,
So I fidget constantly. I can't sit at my desk for more than a few minutes without wandering around. I spin in my chair, pop my knuckles, etc. I have a few minor chronic sports injuries that always seem to need a little attention, like readjusting my knee or flexing my elbow back and forth.
Thankfully, this does not really affect my work or my quality of life at home, except in situations where trying to readjust to a comfortable position is either impossible or difficult. I wake up my fiancée frequently at night, and I can't readjust while driving because it's a safety hazard. Of course, being on planes also sucks.
So the question is, have any of you other fidgets out there found a way to make a certain position feel more comfortable for longer? Maybe a breathing exercise that suppresses that fidgeting urge? I'm not opposed to drugs on occasion, but I'd prefer to not take something on a regular basis. Again, this is only a problem when I'm in a place where it is difficult to move. I don't care that I fidget, I just don't know what to do when that isn't an option.
Thanks for your help!

Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
Dropping Loads on