As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Real-time software mic amplifier

sonictksonictk Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
So basically I have a Creative Audigy sound card, and like many other users who have had the misfortune of getting this card, the Mic Boost (+20dB) option in Sound Controls is greyed out. I've tried doing the registry hack before, and it always reverts back to being greyed out on startup.

The main problem here is that mic output is way too soft, even when mic input volume levels are set to max.

So.

Ventrilo has a neat option that amplifies the input that it receives from the mic on-the-fly, without any other fiddling. However Ventrilo only does this for the input that IT receives, and leaves the data that goes to other applications untouched. I have failed to find any other software solution that will do this, and I was hoping someone here might know of some software or application that will amplify my mic's actual input in realtime so that when I actually try to reply to people in ArmA or shout curses in TF2 I don't sound like Kenny while doing so.

sonictk on