As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DEATH AT 70 MPH (He died)

MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Social Entropy++
Last night I was riding from Dayton to Columbus with some friends, watching the season premiere of The Office on my girlfriend's Zen in the back seat. If you haven't seen this episode, I'm going to spoil it for you. Michael Scott hilariously hits one of his underlings with his car in the first 30 seconds.

Well, we're about 10 minutes into the episode when the guy driving yells "SHIT" and swerves the car into the slow lane. I look up in time to see a dude just standing in the middle of the fast lane on the interstate, holding a brewsky.

He wasn't walking or running, just standing sideways staring dumbly at the traffic. Behind us cars are swerving all over the place.

Thanks for ruining the season premiere of The Office, drunk or possibly high guy. Thanks a bunch.

So I almost saw a guy die very messily last night. What kinds of close calls have you guys had, vehicular or otherwise?

P.S. http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2007/10/15/sns101607fatal.html Whooops

Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
monkeysig-1.jpg
Monkeybomb on

• trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I almost got hit by some cars today when I was drinking this morning.

edit: Drinking my brewsky, as I call it.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I almost got nailed while making a right turn because of some bitch in a camry decided that she had the right of way even though she was making a left hand turn.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    trentsteel wrote: »

What arseholes. Were you just doing your usual and chilling in the fast lane?

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    edited October 2007

What arseholes. Were you just doing your usual and chilling in the fast lane?

YES

Drinking my brewsky.

trentsteel on

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was driving down I-95 a few years back, and traffic slowed to a crawl at one point. Great, a car accident. After what seemed like forever, I pass the point where the lanes are shut down and take a look at whats causing the hold up. Lo and behold, its the bloody body of some dumbass dude who decided to try to cross a 4 lane highway. Kinda gross, and man, at least he won't be passing his stupid genes onto his kids.

Also, umm, I wrecked my first car, an '86 Camaro, when the brakes failed and I hit a minivan full of kids. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    arse is like the dumbest word

Kovak on
    edited October 2007
    Kovak wrote: »

Your face is like the dumbest thing

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    I've almost been crushed a couple of times by large pieces of steel during summer jobs in high school.

Dynagrip on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    lostwords wrote: »

Also, umm, I wrecked my first car, an '86 Camaro, when the brakes failed and I hit a minivan full of kids. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

wouldn't that be hilarious if you killed them

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

It really is

h5 kovak

Green on
    edited October 2007
    Green wrote: »

It really is

h5 kovak

if one day no one ever says arse ever again

i will be happy that day

Kovak on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Your face is like the dumbest thing

Which is ironic because his face is an arse.

ascot on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »

wouldn't that be hilarious if you killed them

Oh, a laugh riot. Like a clown car catching fire.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • PusciferPuscifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I didn't know Pittsburgh was so close to Columbus. I always thought Pittsburgh was in central PA. Weird.

Puscifer on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    arse is a word used by cowboys

So I'm pretty sure you are gay if you think it is a bad word.

trentsteel on

edited October 2007
    arse is a word used by cowboys

So I'm pretty sure you are gay if you use it.

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • DakalDakal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It would have been much awesomer if the car directly behind you didnt swerve.

As for myself; I was driving around the countryside with a bunch of friends one night, I'd just drove through a muddy field and was heading over the crest of a hill at about 140kph when all of a sudden there was a 90 degree right turn. I hadn't seen any signs for it, so I brake, heavily, and try and dig my right tires into the ditch to fling myself around the corner, but that wasnt happening. I jumped the left side ditch, landed in a soya bean field and managed to force my front left tire off the rim.

it was like 10pm and we were stranded. Why? because after pushing my car out of the field and everyone exiting the car, I didnt put it in park and locked my keys inside. So, we're in the middle of nowhere with my running car, unable to move, locked out.

We got lucky and there was a mechanics shop down the road about 10 minutes. The guy who owned it was working late and happened to drive by. Stopped and had a laugh at our misfortune. Then jimmy'd the door and helped take off the screwed up rim. He and my friend went back to his shop fixed it, then returned.

I ended up paying $660 to have my car hoisted of fthe ground and put in a machine to warp the front end back into its proper position.

TL;DR: I drove way too fast and ramped a ditch busting my car. Locked myself out. Then dealt with a sketchy mechanic to get it fixed again.

Dakal on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I launched my truck at 110+mph.

flipped 7 times, over 150 yards.

crossed 2 lanes of interstate traffic.

left a 6 foot wide crater-indentation in the asphalt where I finally landed.

I was young and stupid.

good times.... good times

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Puscifer wrote: »
    I didn't know Pittsburgh was so close to Columbus. I always thought Pittsburgh was in central PA. Weird.

Yeah, dude.

It's like

Dayton
    Pittsburgh
    Columbus

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • PusciferPuscifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    Puscifer wrote: »

Yeah, dude.

It's like

Dayton
    Pittsburgh
    Columbus

iseewutudid

Puscifer on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Dakal wrote: »
    it was like 10pm adn we were stranded. Why? because after puching my car out of the field and everyone exiting the car, I didnt put it in park and locked my keys inside. So, we're in the middle of nowhere with my running car, unable to move, locked out.

I love this typo. The image of you punching your car out of the field is too awesome.

SporkAndrew on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was driving at about 3am on 270 towards Frederick MD. when the guy in front of me swerved into a guard rail. The car then bounced off said rail and hit on of those big concrete retaining walls and came to rest on the shoulder. I pulled up in front of them to help. The car was leaking every fluid it had. The guy driving had apparently fallen asleep (I know because he told me) and was fine. His wife however in the passenger seat was bleeding from her nose and a huge gash on her forehead. I asked what I could do for her and he started yelling at me that she was 'fine'. I said sir I can't even see her face theres so much blood. 'she's fine' he responded.

I thought to myself this guy is crazy and went for an ambulance.

The 911 operator gave me shit because I didn't know what mile post the accident was near. I told her near the truck scales on 270 north to Frederick (she insisted that there were multiple scales on 270 (there is only one) and I should be more specific). Then she kept asking for my name which I gave her. Then she asked again and I told her. I think she probably asked me 4 or 5 times who I was. Eventualy I just hung up .... I really hope those people were ok.

Xaquin on
    edited October 2007
    Stale wrote: »

I was young and stupid.

seriously how are you alive

like shoot yourself in the head and see if the bullet like bounces off your skull

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I almost had a wreck at 30 MPH!

Basically I was on a little road that has parking on each side of the two lanes. The car in front of me was backing into a spot and there was a car in front of me (facing the other way) also waiting for the other car to back into their spot.

Well, the car backing into the parking spot finally gets clear of my lane of the road so I start driving again and at that time there was another car coming in the opposite direction of me, pulling up behind the car that was still stopped and waiting on the car backing into the spot.

For some reason, this new car thought it'd be okay to try to go around the car in front of him... in my lane... while I was still coming forward.

He's still coming, so I honk; I don't lay on the horn, but I honk because he was about to hit me. He swerves back into his lane and I drive by him and he has the craziest look on his face as I give him an angry staredown as I drive by.

As I passed him the angry guy stops, gets out of his car and starts running at my car as I'm driving off and he's shouting obscenities and other words.

I kept driving, picked up my girlfriend, then left the way I came and saw him again and mouthed a few select words at him.

I got on the highway and drove pretty fast hoping the guy wasn't going to follow me so he could murder me.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited October 2007
    I fixed it, but yes the typo was awesome.

Dakal on
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I was young and stupid.

like shoot yourself in the head and see if the bullet like bounces off your skull

god wants Stale to suffer every pain known in the universe.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I was young and stupid.

I'm being punished for something.

Haven't figured out what yet.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Stale list all the diseases you have not had yet. Then prepare yourself to get them.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • mr. papercutsmr. papercuts __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I died in a car crash one year ago today.

mr. papercuts on
    I remind you of somebody, don't I?
    edited October 2007
    I died in a car crash one year ago today.

send this to 5 people or you'll get raped by ghostcock

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited October 2007
    STale instantly wins any thread where something bad happens to someone and you have to relay your story.

Like, instantly...

That must have been one tough truck though man. Were you wearing your seatbelt or did you fly around the cab like a ragdoll?

Dakal on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    And that accident is when he contracted diabetes.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    STale instantly wins any thread where something bad happens to someone and you have to relay your story.

Like, instantly...

That must have been one tough truck though man. Were you wearing your seatbelt or did you fly around the cab like a ragdoll?

If I recall Stale only lived because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I got hit by a Lincoln Navigator while crossing the street when I was 16.

That was fun

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

That was fun

did you die

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited October 2007
    turns out stale has the only case of superaids

it doesnt make your immune system suck

it just makes everything bad happen to you

Kovak on
    edited October 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »

Like, instantly...

If I recall Stale only lived because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

Damn, that's an accomplishment.

Dakal on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007

That was fun
    I got hit by a car while riding a bike in high school. It is not cool hearing the screeching of brakes behind you.

Dynagrip on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

That was fun

did you die

It wasn't going very fast.

I got off pretty light

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pittsburg sucks.

Just had to throw that out there.

Sheri on