As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mid-phalla] Set Phalla

14567810»

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Did I bottom-post my reveal post? I did, didn't I? :|

Crono, Romantic Undead killed you. Spreadsheet's in the reveal post... bottom of the last page.
    How do you tell who killed you?

If you were voted out, your row will be colored in tan. If you were taken out by vigilante, your row will be colored in rose. In that case, you can look in the last day you were alive, and find a vigilante who put your name in the 'Special' column.

In your case, that would be B:L on day 1.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    So, uh, well played triangles. Good stuff.... now who the hell killed me on day 1?

EDIT: Ah, there's the spreadsheet.... goddamnit Squash. Huh... weird that we both targeted each other, but you wanted to kill me, whereas I was just seering you.

I tried to read into everyone's text.

I said I was going to take a shit. Which is dropping a deuce. Which is #2.

Meaning, I was a 2.

I think I tried to read into all the text and by that point concluded that you were not a 2 and therefore viable for death by triangle.

Since I'm a triangle, I still win. :-)

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    DAMN!

If Osvik hadn't killed me, I'd have been seered by two "2" seers, even if I did kill one. Boo, Osvik.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Meaning, I was a 2.

I think I tried to read into all the text and by that point concluded that you were not a 2 and therefore viable for death by triangle.

That's similar to what I did in Phalla Royale, minus defecation references. I basically looked up my school (7 sisters), and after determining that using star constellations wouldn't work, examined the Russian buildings with that nickname.

Noticing that my signup number (27) was the number of floors of one of the buildings, I quickly put a list of who was on my team (since we didn't know at the time) by matching the floor numbers to the corresponding signup numbers.

This list was entirely wrong. One of the people I thought was a lone wolf (floor number of the building sometimes considered the 8th sister), did end up being a lone wolf, so that says something for that. I was too dead for it to matter, but oh well.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    FreeAgent wrote: »

Meaning, I was a 2.

That's similar to what I did in Phalla Royale, minus defecation references. I basically looked up my school (7 sisters), and after determining that using star constellations wouldn't work, examined the Russian buildings with that nickname.

Noticing that my signup number (27) was the number of floors of one of the buildings, I quickly put a list of who was on my team (since we didn't know at the time) by matching the floor numbers to the corresponding signup numbers.

This list was entirely wrong. One of the people I thought was a lone wolf (floor number of the building sometimes considered the 8th sister), did end up being a lone wolf, so that says something for that. I was too dead for it to matter, but oh well.

That's called "putting too much thought into it".

I simply made a doodie reference and let everyone try and sort it out. I find that to require less deductive intuition.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That's called "putting too much thought into it".

I simply made a doodie reference and let everyone try and sort it out. I find that to require less deductive intuition.

You're telling me. I used a simpler reference (rendered irrelevant since the lists went out) to try and get people to contact me, but the building floor thing was a bit much. It's a shame I wasn't around much of Day 1 for this, otherwise I probably still would have missed that hint. But who knows.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Thanks for running the game MrBlarney!

Special shoutout to NATIK who pretty much got me into playing the game by networking me with greens.

Thanks to Osvik for being so organized with the greens.

And sorry to Rend for having to choose the opposite team. I knew Osvik was also on the greens at that time, but wasn't sure if you knew. Since Osvik and I were both green and squares, we had to choose one side, and since he was a vig, I decided to follow his moves. You played very well though Rend, and the reasons I listed for going green were just so I could justify my move without giving away Osvik's allegiance.

Qorzm on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have a confession to make.

At the start of the game, I contacted about six or seven people, asking for an alliance solely with them.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rofl, i did the same thing. 10 identical PMs, asking people what their cards were. Thats why I had my full list so early :p

This was seriously ALOT of fun, and we should run it again.

Rend on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm wondering why both Osvik and Romantic Undead attacked me on the same night

Was I acting suspicious somehow? Was it my avatar?

Please, please tell me it wasn't my avatar.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zot wrote: »

That was a miscommunication between us. I was supposed to change my vote to Mr. Embarkation..

Also it was the same night you were leadign the vote in the Song of Ice and Fire phalla and we thought it would be amusing to kill you in two games in one night :P

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    This is a good one for a repeat as long as abilities are not indicative of identity.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Osvik wrote: »
    Zot wrote: »

That was a miscommunication between us. I was supposed to change my vote to Mr. Embarkation..

Also it was the same night you were leadign the vote in the Song of Ice and Fire phalla and we thought it would be amusing to kill you in two games in one night :P

Oh Very Funny

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The abilities made a set, so if you were 2 blue circles and you had a certain ability, you knew that the other two holders of that ability were: (1/3)/(red/green)(triangle/square). Other than that, i think they were rng.

Rend on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    By the way, triangles, make sure you thank Shorn Scrotum Man for giving you the win.

If he had not come in at the last minute to vote against me, I would have survived the night putting the greens at 5 and blues at 3.

Even the traitorous green triangles had to know that with 2 vigilantes on the green side (myself and Osvik), neither of which were triangles, green could have taken the game on night 7.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rend wrote: »
    The abilities made a set, so if you were 2 blue circles and you had a certain ability, you knew that the other two holders of that ability were: (1/3)/(red/green)(triangle/square). Other than that, i think they were rng.

Yep, that's right. It was done this way for balance: the only way players sharing abilities could win was to go with the three player maximum 'no common attributes' condition. It also provided one seer of each attribute in each type of seer. Guardians were given the 'one-time' restriction to prevent them for defaulting a win by protecting each other indefinitely - I couldn't trust that strategy to be defeated solely by the vote. Vigilantes being able to pass on their powers was a bit of a tricky decision... the game was already set to a moderate pace, and an unlucky loss of a vigilante early on would slow things down a lot. Even though passing on vigilante powers could unbalance which attributes held more powers, it was necessary to keep the game moving along steadily.
    By the way, triangles, make sure you thank Shorn Scrotum Man for giving you the win.

If he had not come in at the last minute to vote against me, I would have survived the night putting the greens at 5 and blues at 3.

Even the traitorous green triangles had to know that with 2 vigilantes on the green side (myself and Osvik), neither of which were triangles, green could have taken the game on night 7.

Yeah... I thought at first greens were going to get a victory, up until the results came out on Night 7. It was very interesting to see unfold.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I was working with Rend so I told him I would 'forget' to vote or change my vote that day. There was enough turbulence between square and green that it was easier to try getting those two to combat each other while we sat on the sidelines.

Thanks SSM for the help though. Although Plutonium and I would've been fine with a green victory as well.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm still not quite sure how I ended up on the winning team. I felt like I was in the dark the whole game.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »
    I'm still not quite sure how I ended up on the winning team. I felt like I was in the dark the whole game.

I'd have let you in on a whole lot more of my information if you hadn't broken the network security immediately :p

Rend on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    On day 2, Osvik and RU had the whole green team identified and linked together, both of them were also vigilantes aiming for a green victory.

Plutonium, Cheez and I were green triangles that shared 2 win conditions each, we had no real issues with a green or triangle victory. When green had crossed square by killing their vigilante, I was still working with a few people on various win conditions, so I tried to give some information out to set green and square against each other, no clue whether I was successful or not. After that, Plutonium made the call for what win we'd be going for and we went with it. Green versus Blue or Square was easy to have followed and Plutonium told me he covered you Jester, by telling Osvik you were his target.

Prior to my day 2 reveal, the following contacted me:

B:L
    Jester313
    Rend

After my reveal, I had cheez, plutonium, osvik and raakamn contact me.

I told multiple parties that I was an opportunist and as long as I lived, I didn't really care who won as long as I could share in the victory. I just got lucky that nobody felt like destroying me.

Ardor on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I told multiple parties that I was an opportunist and as long as I lived, I didn't really care who won as long as I could share in the victory. I just got lucky that nobody felt like destroying me.

You're probably the last person anyone wants to kill in these types of phallas. :P

I dunno why Rend didn't contact me though.

I was the Blue vigilante.

If Rend wasn't guarded, I woulda shot his ass, so it's all good. 8-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    B:L wrote: »

You're probably the last person anyone wants to kill in these types of phallas. :P

Until Scrotum turned on me, I had every reason to believe Ardor was my link to keeping the other green triangles in line.

I don't blame Ardor for shifting alliances once Plut got my vigilante power, I would have done the same thing.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    B:L wrote: »

I was happy to work with anyone who contacted me.

I worked with Rend in the unlikely scenario that we could aim for the "nothing in common' victory, so we agreed to try to not get each other killed. We both figured Osvik would've gone after someone other than Rend, like one of the triangles since they were up there with green in numbers.

Jester simply told me we shared the triangle victory, so we tried to not kill each other and B:L died before we could start working together, other than the initial agreement to do so.

Raakam and I worked together on the single shape win condition until he was taken out.

So I enjoyed the game because I got to work with folks I've never had the chance to work with prior. Thanks for the game MrBlarney.

Ardor on