As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mid-phalla] Set Phalla

• Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    How would killing off a known green not help towards a victory for blues?

And the fact that you've worked with everyone but me til now is really immaterial. This late in the game people who may have been useful at one point start to become less so. The Seers are certainly pretty useless at this juncture. I think everyone has a pretty good idea of who everyone else is, card wise.

For instance, I'm pretty sure I'd have been killed by the greens tonight regardless, as the info I could supply them (I'm a Color Seer) is pretty much useless at this point anyways.

To be honest, I only voted in that post as a place holder, and I only chose you because I know you're green and you singled me out earlier :P

I'm in the process of moving at the moment, so internet access is sporadic at best. I'll probably be changing my vote later though since I don't think you're one of the Vig's and whittling down the vig population amongst the greens is my #1 priority.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    BTW... as it was just a placeholder... after thinking about it I'm gonna !vote Qorzm

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !Shorn Scrotum Man

Osvik on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote Shorn Scrotum Man as well

Qorzm on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ardor!

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ardor!

:v:

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ok, I'll change

Vote Osvik

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A good choice, Niceguy... and I would reccomend your choice be followed suit by anyone with half a brain.

Osvik has been playing turncoat for the entire game. I unfortunately have been played by him, and it cost me my most trusted ally.

Osvik is the vigilante. I have reason to believe he is the only vigilante left. He's been working with square? yes. He's been working with green? Yes. Truly, it is he who has been playing both sides.

Here's an interesting PM I recieved from him this morning, even.
    Alright, I changed my vote to you at the last minute possible so you wouldn't get killed. The greens fully believe I am with them right now. I was going to turn on you, but it was a snap decision, and I'm ready to commit to square victory again.

I'm going to hit plutonium today. Let me know if there's anything else we need to do.

You turned on me once, Osvik, and now you come crawling back.

Well, sir, one good turn deserves another. Kill this vigilante... he's only out for himself anyway. That much is obvious. A few correct moves on his part and he'll share a win condition with everyone in the game, and then we'll all have been his pawns.

Benedict Arnold, your time is up.

I !Vote Osvik.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    !Vote Osvik

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Rend wrote: »

Here's an interesting PM I recieved from him this morning, even.
    Alright, I changed my vote to you at the last minute possible so you wouldn't get killed. The greens fully believe I am with them right now. I was going to turn on you, but it was a snap decision, and I'm ready to commit to square victory again.

I'm going to hit plutonium today. Let me know if there's anything else we need to do.

Thats an interesting paraphrasing of the PM I sent you. I never asked you to trust me, in fact I said I fully expected you not to trust me and vote for me, which is what happened.

The votes this round have gone pretty much the way I expected. One person is left to vote and I fully expect him to tie it up by voting for me. It's going to be 50 /50 whether Shorn Scrotum Man or myself dies from the vote. My game has come down to the toss of the coin, if I win then it will be worth it if I lose well I still believe I have done everything I could to get a win this game.

All is fair in love and phalla

Osvik on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    After much deliberation with my network of one, I am going to !vote Osvik.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Also, I'm going to a costume party tonight, and I look dead sexy.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tied vote, roll the dice...

Here's the results for Round 7.

Eliminated players:

Osvik
    Rend

Elminated card attributes:
    three, three
    blue, green
    square, square

Remaining card attributes:
    one (3), two (3)
    blue (3), green (3)
    triangle (4), square (1), circle (1)

PMs are being sent/have been sent.

Round 8 ends 7:00 PM Pacific, 10:00 PM Eastern on Saturday. One or two rounds left...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ouch. GG, osvik, viggin' me was your last mistake ;)

oooOOOOOoooooo

Rend on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Let's try this again.

Shorn Scrotum Man! Third time is the charm!

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Holy shit I feel incredibly lucky at the moment.

<3 Rend. We'll carry on in your name!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh, and I'm gonna say 2 rounds, 3 if I am incredibly lucky

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Might as well get it in now, as I will be gone pretty much all day tomorrow. Spending the morning and middle of the day moving and going to the Blue Jackets game with my girlfriend at night. You all have a splendid day!

!vote Qorzm

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Shorn Scrotum Man

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You damn dirty triangles :P

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Shorn Scrotum Man

Qorzm on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Shorn Scrotum Man!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It's over!

Here's the results for Round 8.

Eliminated players:

Shorn Scrotum Man
    Qorzm

Elminated card attributes:
    one, two
    blue, green
    square, circle

Remaining card attributes:
    one (2), two (2)
    blue (2), green (2)
    triangle (4)

Ardor, Jester313, Niceguy Myeye, and Plutonium win, all sharing the triangle attribute!

Reveal post and spreadsheet coming shortly.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Game Spreadsheet

Cards and Special Roles
    one red triangle – jdarksun
    two red triangles – Squashua
    three red triangles – Oatway
    one red square – Raakam
    two red squares – Mr. Embarkation
    three red squares – Locus
    one red circle – Gumpy
    two red circles – FreeAgent
    three red circles – Zot
    one blue triangle – Niceguy Myeye
    two blue triangles – Jester313
    three blue triangles – Crono729
    one blue square – Asukui
    two blue squares – El Skid
    three blue squares – Rend
    one blue circle – B:L
    two blue circles – Shorn Scrotum Man
    three blue circles – Shamus
    one green triangle – Ardor
    two green triangles – Plutonium
    three green triangles – cheez
    one green square – Qorzm
    two green squares – Grundlterror
    three green squares – Osvik
    one green circle – NATIK
    two green circles – Romantic Undead
    three green circles – Infidel

Number Seers – Infidel, Jester313, Raakam
    Color Seers – Oatway, Qorzm, Shorn Scrotum Man
    Shape Seers – Ardor, FreeAgent, Rend
    Guardians – cheez, El Skid, Gumpy
    Vigilantes – B:L, Osvik, Squashua, Romantic Undead (Round 2), Asukui (Round 4), Mr. Embarkation (Round 6), Plutonium (Round 7)

Game Commentary

Though a bit of a slow Phalla, I think the endgame made up for the heavy-bandwagon beginning. Until the pace picked up, I was a bit worried that the Seer powers weren’t powerful enough. However, after chatting with a few players, it looks like things turned out alright, as there was a lot of behind-the-scenes work that wasn’t visible in thread. And really, that was the entire point of the game, to try and position oneself with other players, knowing that while you can win with anyone, they could also turn on you.

Doubling of vigilante kills and guardian blocks slowed the game down quite a bit in the early game, and there were a few instances of unplaced vigilante orders later on – I’m not sure if any of those were strategic choices. Either way, the game went a couple days longer than expected. In the cases where vigilantes were killed but didn’t place any ‘wills’, I just used the most recent ‘will’ given on previous turns. Vigilantes were really quite powerful in this game, changing the balance of power after the power began getting passed around.

I think Set Phalla works in its current 27-player form, though players should know coming in that there will be a lot of work to do outside of the thread and that it can take a while for the game’s conclusion to come about. It’s possible to do a full-game Set Phalla with up to 64 players (3 attributes, 4 values in each) or 81 players (4 attributes, 3 values in each), but thematically, it’s a bit weak and probably wouldn’t fill. I already had trouble getting 27 people for the mini-phalla, so even with more exposure I’d find it hard to get all the positions filled.

Thanks to all for playing, I'm interested to hear your opinions on the game.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TRIFOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE!

3gt.gif

cheez on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Nice job Triangles.

I definitely agree this was a "behind the scenes" Phalla. I enjoyed it, and would play again. I like the "multiple win possibility" aspect.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    Crono729Crono729 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So who killed me? I was blue and triangles D:

Crono729 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Did I bottom-post my reveal post? I did, didn't I? :|

Crono, Romantic Undead killed you. Spreadsheet's in the reveal post... bottom of the last page.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I was really happy... I got 100% reveal with my logic on day 4 :p

Rend on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Congrats Triangles.

I was trying to see if Ardor was up for a 'One' win with my vigilante powers, but apparently I was shot by one unfriendly vigilante. :|

I did send in my orders though, but apparently cheez and Rend were well guarded. :P

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I was guarding Rend for the bit of the game I was alive- Rend knew what everyone was really early on, and if it weren't for a bit of stabbing in the back, would have done really well.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I enjoyed the game, but I played a neutral role to all possible win conditions until last night, when plutonium, the new vigilante, made the call that we were going for triangle.

In a game like this, it didn't matter who you wanted to work with really, you could work with anyone, it just mattered how you'd find a way to stay alive long enough to plan anything. I took a risk that a day 2 or 3 reveal would've kept me alive where a day 1 reveal would've likely put me at risk. Day 1 I could probably hook up a bunch of people, so that would make me a threat to others, whereas days 2 or 3 it would make me more of an opportunity, or so I thought.

Osvik, in the end, betraying you took a lot of guilt because you threw your lot with green as early as day 2 or 3 and you did a good job in planning our moves and keeping the green team together. I'm sorry it had to end this way. To be fair, I did post on the short-lived green boards than I am an opportunist and threw my lot in with nobody.

Ardor on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Phalla wouldn't be phalla if I played it strait.

It's no fun if I don't betray somebody.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Phalla wouldn't be phalla if I played it strait.

It's no fun if I don't betray somebody.

In the end, you and cheez were both green triangles with me, so since we had the most in common, going with you guys whether it be a green or triangle victory were the best choices for me.

It's almost like the assamite/camarilla deal we had oh so long ago, except we could both win together this time.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Osvik, in the end, betraying you took a lot of guilt because you threw your lot with green as early as day 2 or 3 and you did a good job in planning our moves and keeping the green team together. I'm sorry it had to end this way. To be fair, I did post on the short-lived green boards than I am an opportunist and threw my lot in with nobody.

Thats OK. I knew about 2 days ago there was a chance that you and Plutonium could turn on us and go for Triangle wins instead of green.

Very early on I had a complete list of green players and an almost complete list of square players. I was a vigilante and I knew another in each of those networks. I went with what I beleived was the stronger of my networks with the greens. Things didnt go exactly as I had planned and by the time I realised the game would probably come down to shape it was too late for the squares. Given the same cirumstances I would probably do the same as I did

Sorry I had to betray your trust Rend but if it makes you feel any better I was working with Plutonium before I contaced you and in the end he turned on me. Thats karma for you

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It was easier to turn square against green, giving triangle the chance to escape more or less unscathed compared to those two networks. That was my opinion. Plut made the call once he gained vigilante powers, we followed him because all we could do at that point was try to control the vote.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Still though, had I survived day 6, Green would have had control of the vote and could have won the next day. phalla loyalties run deep though and are hard to circumvent. Good game everyone!

Even though I didn't win, I felt i was a part of a lot of the action and had a good time!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well done triangles

This was a harsh, but good introduction into all things Phalla :p, thanks guys.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kinda wondering how close my posted charts were... fun phalla, thanks for running it Blarn.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, uh, well played triangles. Good stuff.... now who the hell killed me on day 1?

EDIT: Ah, there's the spreadsheet.... goddamnit Squash. Huh... weird that we both targeted each other, but you wanted to kill me, whereas I was just seering you.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]