Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PHALLA DEAD] Here lies Oregon Phalla, RIP

1678911

Posts

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm not say I'm better than anything. What is it with you and straw men?
    romanlevin wrote: »
    Hehe. Left behind because I was too bored with the game to post.

    They are all so going to die.

    Do you read even your own posts?

    Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

    PSN: QuipFilter
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    And I'm posting more here because it is more interesting for me to argue with you than play that game. Since when is boredom a fucking sin?

    Hey guys, I don't know how to play football, but I'm gonna sign up anyway and not talk much for the next few days.
    No worries, I wont bother learning or even really trying to help out either, then I'll just kind of peter-out and quit without saying anything as well. I'll watch though!
    You guys like that sort of thing, right?

    Spec_Banner.png
  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm not say I'm better than anything. What is it with you and straw men?
    romanlevin wrote: »
    Hehe. Left behind because I was too bored with the game to post.

    They are all so going to die.

    Do you read even your own posts?

    Yes, as I was saying, the voting is random. So the bandits are going to win. Where's the superiority here? Seriously.

  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User
    edited October 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    romanlevin wrote: »
    And I'm posting more here because it is more interesting for me to argue with you than play that game. Since when is boredom a fucking sin?

    Hey guys, I don't know how to play football, but I'm gonna sign up anyway and not talk much for the next few days.
    No worries, I wont bother learning or even really trying to help out either, then I'll just kind of peter-out and quit without saying anything as well. I'll watch though!
    You guys like that sort of thing, right?

    Why would you talk during football? Did you know how to play Phalla the first time you joined a game?

    And if you're using metaphors, it's more like me joining a game of football, to discover that I don't like football.

  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    romanlevin wrote: »
    And I'm posting more here because it is more interesting for me to argue with you than play that game. Since when is boredom a fucking sin?

    Hey guys, I don't know how to play football, but I'm gonna sign up anyway and not talk much for the next few days.
    No worries, I wont bother learning or even really trying to help out either, then I'll just kind of peter-out and quit without saying anything as well. I'll watch though!
    You guys like that sort of thing, right?

    Why would you talk during football? Did you know how to play Phalla the first time you joined a game?

    And if you're using metaphors, it's more like me joining a game of football, to discover that I don't like football.

    If one doesn't talk during football, how would you set up a play?

    Yes, I looked at an old thread and asked questions in the thread for clarifications. Hell, I even got a bandwagon started on a badguy because of detective work I did. (Unfortunately, the forums crashed for about a week after that and the game was cancelled.)

    My metaphor worked just fine.

    Spec_Banner.png
  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User
    edited October 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    If one doesn't talk during football, how would you set up a play?

    Yes, I looked at an old thread and asked questions in the thread for clarifications. Hell, I even got a bandwagon started on a badguy because of detective work I did. (Unfortunately, the forums crashed for about a week after that and the game was cancelled.)

    My metaphor worked just fine.

    Oh, you mean American Football.

    And good for you. Here's a cookie. Really, what's your point?

  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    If one doesn't talk during football, how would you set up a play?

    Yes, I looked at an old thread and asked questions in the thread for clarifications. Hell, I even got a bandwagon started on a badguy because of detective work I did. (Unfortunately, the forums crashed for about a week after that and the game was cancelled.)

    My metaphor worked just fine.

    Oh, you mean American Football.

    And good for you. Here's a cookie. Really, what's your point?

    I think the point is obvious to everyone but you, as DA made the same argument a moment before I did.

    Spec_Banner.png
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, romanlevin doesn't enjoy phalla, and I guess won't play it again.

    Do we need to do this thing that is happening?

    iq16sKi.png
  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User
    edited October 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I think the point is obvious to everyone but you, as DA made the same argument a moment before I did.

    You didn't make an argument, though. You told a story. Maybe I'm stupid for not getting the point though.

  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    So, romanlevin doesn't enjoy phalla, and I guess won't play it again.

    Do we need to do this thing that is happening?

    You're right, but I just can't help arguing when people say I'm wrong.

  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    So, romanlevin doesn't enjoy phalla, and I guess won't play it again.

    Do we need to do this thing that is happening?

    You're right, Seriously...I wont even make your name into a pun. Seriously, I wont.

    Spec_Banner.png
  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User
    edited October 2007
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Die Infidel <runs in and stabs romanlevin> oh wait...Sorry...

    sig.gif
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    romanlevin wrote: »
    I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm not say I'm better than anything. What is it with you and straw men?
    romanlevin wrote: »
    Hehe. Left behind because I was too bored with the game to post.

    They are all so going to die.

    Do you read even your own posts?

    Yes, as I was saying, the voting is random. So the bandits are going to win. Where's the superiority here? Seriously.

    You got me. The voting is randomized. I don't even count the votes, on most days.

    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    romanlevin wrote: »
    romanlevin wrote: »
    I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm not say I'm better than anything. What is it with you and straw men?
    romanlevin wrote: »
    Hehe. Left behind because I was too bored with the game to post.

    They are all so going to die.

    Do you read even your own posts?

    Yes, as I was saying, the voting is random. So the bandits are going to win. Where's the superiority here? Seriously.

    You got me. The voting is randomized. I don't even count the votes, on most days.

    You're right. The people playing the game haven't missed any clues as to the identities of the last bandits, so the voting is effectively random.

    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Uh, thorgot...uhm....have we stopped taking our medication?

    Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

    PSN: QuipFilter
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot got the crazies again

    t5qfc9.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I wonder if thorgot and thorgot are on the same team?

    Suspicious

    iq16sKi.png
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Whoa, what did I miss and whats with all the hostility?

    It is funny that this thread is catching up to the main game.

    We should have a phalla where everyone is dead and they come back to life.

  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    thorgot got the crazies again

    You're the crazy one, man!

    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    cheez wrote: »
    I'm talking about you, Devoutlyapathetic.

    (Haha, Frosteey. How long did you spend on that one?)
    Two points:

    Usernames here couldn't be long enough to accept the space when I registered and I fear the Coin of Tube.

    MacDonald and such like are capitalized in the middle because they're actually two words put together (Son of Donald) so even in that case, my name is still done correctly.

    If you're going to imply that "Devoutly" can follow the same principles as Mc and Mac, then I submit that my name is in fact a particle like "von" in Georg Henrik von Wright.

    There we go! You can call me cheez and I can call you DevoutlyApathetic, and neither of us need fear for the sanctity of proper nouns.
    Spoiler:

    Mac and Von mean different things. One is clearly not commonly capitalized. Nice try though.
    Spoiler:

    So now you're making the case that Mc/Mac follows different capitalization rules simply because it means "Son of"? I suppose that's why we have all these AnderSon, JohnSon, WatSon, and LarSon last names running around. And how does "Devoutly" fit into that schema?
    Spoiler:

  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    What the hell are you guys arguing about.

    And t Romanlevin - My first game I just jumped in, I had no idea what I was doing but I learned by actually playing. Watching is just plain boring. So don't judge Phalla by what you see, you actually have to try it.

  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    I regret nothing. The game was boring, and yet it probably wasn't the organizers' fault.
    .

    And to think, a little activity could have gone leaps and bounds to rectify the situation.

    And the saddest thing is, the village was very much in this until a few days ago.

  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The worst part is that romanlevin probably won't join another phalla to be grudge voted.

    DogSig.gif
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    Oh shit, more cheating?

    I love it!

  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    Oh shit, more cheating?

    I love it!

    What do you mean, more cheating?

    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • duraxdurax Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    Oh shit, more cheating?

    I love it!

    What do you mean, more cheating?

    Well to really cheating but more of a mistake, Stalin after he died, put in a ghost message to take a close look at his post about Raakam, pretty much fingering him as bad.. I informed Robot about it.

  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Eeeeh, I tried, I failed.

    I guess I really screwed up on the giltanis thing. Whore just seemed like a juvenile role, so I bought into gil's miner thing.

    I should of known the GMs weren't THAT mature.

    ;-) <3<3

    I suspected the Frosteey / Raakam partnership, but didn't say anything for fear of earning myself a Fuzzy-like reputation of being overly paranoid. I need to learn to trust my instinct more, even if it means earning myself some red votes. I'll try playing the next Phalla more aggressively and see where that gets me.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    You should kill him and THREE teammates.

    And make the cause of death dysentery.

    From rampant sodomy.

    (It is the only chance the village has of winning.)

    ((They're still going to lose.))

    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    You should kill him and THREE teammates.

    And make the cause of death dysentery.

    From rampant sodomy.


    So what's worse? Cheating bandits or dumbass villagers? (I include myself in that descriptor)

    I say type up a huge narration where everyone gets scalped and raped by Indians.

    Wait, didn't you say you had a Donner narration all set to go? I think this is a good time to make use of it :P

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I vote you just let PK and myself win.

  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    Oh shit, more cheating?

    I love it!

    What do you mean, more cheating?

    Well to really cheating but more of a mistake, Stalin after he died, put in a ghost message to take a close look at his post about Raakam, pretty much fingering him as bad.. I informed Robot about it.

    To be clear, I hadn't read the dead thread before I made that post. It's just that by calling me out as "a bad guy", Rakaam made it obvious that he was a baddie, and I pointed it out in my post. Still, I don't even think that would have changed anything, because the few active people are just blindly following Rakaam regardless. He was smart about it, too. He replied to the first part of the post, but skipped the second part that was essentially undeniable evidence.

    Picture1-4.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is the most interesting dead thread ever, and there's not even any mechanics involved.

    fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Jesus romanlevin, if you were watching you could have at least spoken up when PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY VOTING FOR YOU.

    But I guess that's boring as well.

  • tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin:

    When you signed up here, you were given an explicit link to check out if you had not played before:
    robothero wrote:
    4. If you have not played phalla, or maybe you need a refresher on the rules, check here.

    You signed up on the first page, which implies eagerness. Why, then, wouldn't you take the time to read the information? If you didn't understand it, why then not ask how the game works, or ask the organizers about your role?

    Instead you sat like a lump and complain now that you weren't being entertained because there was no point in voting. Many people complain that they don't know what to do, but figuring it out is kind of the point, both in the live game and here. Behavior leads your guesses, which is the entire exercise. The narration is not the game, it is embellishment. You are the one who's supposed to think.

    (I'm being nice here, because I wasn't playing in this one.)


    Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Spoiler:
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

    I will seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

    Fixed. After all, you only need one to win, right?!


    Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Spoiler:
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I suspected the Frosteey / Raakam partnership, but didn't say anything for fear of earning myself a Fuzzy-like reputation of being overly paranoid. I need to learn to trust my instinct more, even if it means earning myself some red votes. I'll try playing the next Phalla more aggressively and see where that gets me.
    Frosteey wasn't evil, and he was pretty damn good at fingering the baddies. Pretty damn good. We didn't kill him off early h though, because we were afraid that we would waste our kill on him if another guardian existed.

    Which reminds me. We targeted PK one night and he didn't die! What gives?

  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I suspected the Frosteey / Raakam partnership, but didn't say anything for fear of earning myself a Fuzzy-like reputation of being overly paranoid. I need to learn to trust my instinct more, even if it means earning myself some red votes. I'll try playing the next Phalla more aggressively and see where that gets me.
    Frosteey wasn't evil, and he was pretty damn good at fingering the baddies. Pretty damn good. We didn't kill him off early h though, because we were afraid that we would waste our kill on him if another guardian existed.

    Which reminds me. We targeted PK one night and he didn't die! What gives?

    Oh I didn't doubt Frosteey was a good guy, it's Raakam I'm doubting.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
Sign In or Register to comment.