As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA DEAD] Here lies Oregon Phalla, RIP

• Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Zot wrote: »
    Larry hasn't posted here yet.

What a surprise. I could have saved the village, but nooooo

Larry has to go off and guard Raakam.
    The first guardian's only targets were Raakam month 2, Raakam month 3, and Raakam month 4.

That... is amazing.

I love enc0re's latest comment. I think, even if he's evil, it demonstrates just how terribly this has gone for the settlers so far.

Linden on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    IRONY

And what would have happened if I found him?

Automatic settler win?

Maybe?

No?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    he would be revealed, you could contact him and put him to work for the village, out him and get him killed. you would also become a normal seer

Unknown User on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    he would be revealed, you could contact him and put him to work for the village, out him and get him killed. you would also become a normal seer

damnit

chamberlain on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Christ, that's the last time I go against my better judgment in these games.

zot, don't yell at me like you didn't kill at least a villager if not a special. I only guarded rakaam because frosteey asked me to on good faith.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I killed one villager, and had the possibility of killing two bandits.

I think my record stands as better than yours considering I joined yesterday.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I only guarded rakaam because frosteey asked me to on good faith.

God, I love seeing this happen. I don't know who's ultimately deceiving who, but I don't care. It's still brilliant.

Linden on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So wait, Zot, you killed me?

What the hell, man?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I only became guardian a day a go and blocked a bandit kill on my first protection. Either way we both made stupid calls.

I'm just fucking frustrated at being so damned dumb. Don't know how I'm going to live this one down.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FYI: Death Note Phalla sign-up has started. link

Aldo on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Psycholarry, you did better then the last guardian. You can pride yourself in that

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey all...Guess I am one of you now :)....Reading back through the dead thread...

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    By yesterday I didn't really care any more if they voted me off...<attacks Pretentious with many knives>

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Wow. If they could figure out bandit identities, !vote #4, no question.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If they could fly an airplane, they'd be in oregon already.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So was that just a cocky bandit slip-up, or are they certain that the village has no clue who they are. There's about two ways I can see that playing out:

1) The bandits see that the village has no clue who is part of the evil group. All the voiced suspicions are way off base, so the bandits figure it's safe to offer this, since the village will do their work for them. (The village should then realise that the bandits figure they're safe, take a closer look at people they haven't been talking about--or those they've been trusting--and maybe pick new suspects.)

2) The bandits, assuming the reaction in parenthases above, are actually trying to shift the suspicion off the public targets, to save their members.

The thing is, I don't really know who plays the game that "deeply" or not.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    So was that just a cocky bandit slip-up, or are they certain that the village has no clue who they are. There's about two ways I can see that playing out:

1) The bandits see that the village has no clue who is part of the evil group. All the voiced suspicions are way off base, so the bandits figure it's safe to offer this, since the village will do their work for them. (The village should then realise that the bandits figure they're safe, take a closer look at people they haven't been talking about--or those they've been trusting--and maybe pick new suspects.)

2) The bandits, assuming the reaction in parenthases above, are actually trying to shift the suspicion off the public targets, to save their members.

Also, there might only be one bandit left with only one kill, and #4 is a way to get an "Extra" kill in (in addition to a third kill if they don't know the identity).

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Also, there might only be one bandit left with only one kill, and #4 is a way to get an "Extra" kill in (in addition to a third kill if they don't know the identity).

Yup, that's true.

Speaking of which, do we think the bandits get two kills, or are the extra bandit kills revenge kills after the village gets a bandit? I was kind of thinking they were revenge kills, since there were a couple nights where they didn't happen, but as I type this, I realise they could just have easily been blocked by Guardians or something like that.

LaOs on
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Yup, that's true.

Speaking of which, do we think the bandits get two kills, or are the extra bandit kills revenge kills after the village gets a bandit? I was kind of thinking they were revenge kills, since there were a couple nights where they didn't happen, but as I type this, I realise they could just have easily been blocked by Guardians or something like that.

There have been many overlapping kills.

Can anybody spot the critical error in this post? Hint: the two posts after it may be important clues!

Bandwagon on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Bandwagon wrote: »

Yup, that's true.

Can anybody spot the critical error in this post? Hint: the two posts after it may be important clues!

Yeah. Someone knew how a mechanic would work before anyone was told how a mechanic would work.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Bandwagon wrote: »

Yup, that's true.

I caught the overlapping kills, unless you're saying there were overlaps not indicated in the narrations. I may have just missed them in the nights I'm thinking of, since I didn't follow the weekend as it happened and just caught up yesterday.

LaOs on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    He only listed 1 bandit kill, when there are usually 2. So he's probably a bandit that knows that, now they're down to 3, they only get 1 kill or something.

edit: Nevermind, the 1 bandit kill is assuming the agreement. So no, I don't see the mechanic slip-up.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So wait, Zot, you killed me?

What the hell, man?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I'm of the opinion that they don't. Most people seem to be 1 or 2-iteration thinkers. I was questioning myself a lot before because I thought people might be being extra tricksy, trying to see all possible motivations behind certain actions, but I think my playing mindgames with myself didn't get me anywhere. If I had been more vocal and insistent about Giltanis, aznman might still be alive. But noooo I had to go and give the bandits extra credit for tricksiness :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I'm of the opinion that they don't. Most people seem to be 1 or 2-iteration thinkers. I was questioning myself a lot before because I thought people might be being extra tricksy, trying to see all possible motivations behind certain actions, but I think my playing mindgames with myself didn't get me anywhere. If I had been more vocal and insistent about Giltanis, aznman might still be alive. But noooo I had to go and give the bandits extra credit for tricksiness :P

Yeah, you're about the only one I've noticed in my games who has voiced the "deeper" playing thoughts. I think we're in agreement, though, that most people just don't play that deep. I guess that's good, for us :D

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, you're about the only one I've noticed in my games who has voiced the "deeper" playing thoughts. I think we're in agreement, though, that most people just don't play that deep. I guess that's good, for us :D
    I can play pretty deep. :(

IF I DONT GET OFFED ON DAY 1

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

Some day, hippo. Some day.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the bandits' early strategy was to kill off the experienced and/or well-liked villagers, which has, I think, made a huge difference. Because I would have networked you so hard. So hard.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the bandits' early strategy was to kill off the experienced and/or well-liked villagers, which has, I think, made a huge difference. Because I would have networked you so hard. So hard.

You what? I... I think I'm turned on, Irene. :winky:

LaOs on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote Aldo

... Oh sorry, reflex :P

durax on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I think I would have tried to start my own network, really. My power was fairly useless but I could have proved myself as having some power. Although it was a negative power, so I would have been killed on night 2, but at least I would have played out my role.

I'm still curious whether the vote is being fiddled with every day, or if that whole mechanic died with me.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I wasn't saying that I was part of any network or that I had any remotely useful powers, but at least we could have kept each other on track.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I would have tried to start my own network, really. My power was fairly useless but I could have proved myself as having some power. Although it was a negative power, so I would have been killed on night 2, but at least I would have played out my role.

I'm still curious whether the vote is being fiddled with every day, or if that whole mechanic died with me.

No. The vote was only altered on one day (the grueling decision discounted most people's votes), but it ended up not making a difference.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I wasn't saying that I was part of any network or that I had any remotely useful powers, but at least we could have kept each other on track.

Ah, right.

I wasn't sure if you were saying that, yes, you would have tried to network with me (for our own little mini-network at least) or if you would have gotten the Network to go after me (had you gotten with them).

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

No. The vote was only altered on one day (the grueling decision discounted most people's votes), but it ended up not making a difference.

What?

So ..uhh.. what the use of my power? :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    the illusion that you had a power

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    the illusion that you had a power
    Wow. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    actually we were kinda mean

it gave us an excuse if we fudged the votes by accident :P

"it was aldos fault! he didnt post enough vote counts!"

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    actually we were kinda mean

it gave us an excuse if we fudged the votes by accident :P

"it was aldos fault! he didnt post enough vote counts!"
    Guess who is going to get grudge-killed in the next phalla we're both in

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Good work, Robo. Robot. Robothero.

It's always good to build in an escape tunnel. Makes me wonder why the Barbarians were the only ones smart enough to do that in Heroes of Might and Magic.

LaOs on