As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trying to remember a quote.

KelorKelor Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for a quote I heard at some point, I was sure it was from Mark Twain but I've googled around for it and can't track it down. Its something along the lines of children, growing up and not to rush it.

As I said, I've looked around for it but can't track it down to save myself. I saw it on the boards here in D&D once so I figured it can't hurt to ask.

Kelor on

• Options
    necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    There's the ever-popular "Youth is wasted on the young."

necroSYS on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Was it this?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of being childish and the desire to be a grown-up." CS Lewis

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Was it this?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of being childish and the desire to be a grown-up." CS Lewis

Or originally:

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
    1 Corinthians, Chapter 13, Verse 11.

(Which was also quoted in the movie "Hackers")

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    Manic205Manic205 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is that really the original? They seem to be saying completely different things...

Manic205 on
    1365887IzMnK.png
  • Options
    necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    C.S. Lewis was obviously being dry and witty and British in the newer version.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Was it this?

Yes, thats the one.

Not sure where I got Mark Twain from there, though he said a lot of awesome stuff.

Thanks for the help guys.

Kelor on