As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stranglehold PS3 is Gold

SnowconeSnowcone Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
http://www.snackbar-games.com/news/stranglehold_goes_gold_on_playstation_3_release_date_stays_1029-2800.html
Midway just sent news that the PS3 version of Stranglehold has now gone gold. The title was released for the Xbox 360 and PC back in September. You can read our review of the Xbox 360 version of Stranglehold here.

I confirmed with Midway this morning that despite only 5 days until it's scheduled release, the title is still on track for a 10/29 release date.

Not sure if anyone even cares, but....

Snowcone on

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The one really good thing about the PS3 is that you can save money by having other people find out what's
    not worth buying first.

Rook on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is that the first time anyones ever called the PS3 a money saver? I bet it is.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    The one really good thing about the PS3 is that you can save money by having other people find out what's
    not worth buying first.

LMAO. Ouch.

Snowcone on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The only reason to own the Stranglehold is the Hard Boiled Blu-ray with Collectors Edition

Lothars on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Lothars wrote: »
    The only reason to own the Stranglehold is the Hard Boiled Blu-ray with Collectors Edition

That'll set you back $70. Is this the only place HB is available on Blu-ray?

Snowcone on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Crotch shots too. But I played the PC demo and it sucked ass, the 360 demo... not so much. Still not really a purchase worthy game, as it's only fun for about 30 minutes to an hour.

urahonky on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    The 30 preowned 360 copies at any time does not give me a positive image of the game. Not at full price anyway.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Snowcone wrote: »
    Lothars wrote: »

That'll set you back $70. Is this the only place HB is available on Blu-ray?

That's The only way I know about at the moment, but I might eventually get StrangleHold because the 360 demo was fun but I can't justify the 70 bucks for it.

Lothars on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It was decent, but not worth $60 or $70 IMO. We reviewed the 360 version and gave it a 2/5 - Rental rating.

Snowcone on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    To be honest, they've fucked themselves over by taking so long to get it out. In November there are actually good, high quality games coming out. Theres no way in hell I'm wasting cash on Stranglehold that can go on R&CF:TOD, Assassins Creed and COD4.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I preordered the PS3 version but I loved the demo so much that I broke when it hit the 360 and got it then. Played through twice so far and its a blast. Its not the deepest game but blasting through baddies, fun combat, and making tables EXPLODE is a ton of fun.

I don't have Hard Boiled on DVD so I'm holding onto my preorder atm. If I hear the movie is in HD and is better quality than the DVD version I'll probably pick it up. If its just the DVD edition upscaled and stuck on the game disc then meh I'll cancel the preorder.

powersurge on