Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Wherein we discuss: Chuck vs [adjective] [noun]

1596061626365»

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Richy,

One theory (the one to which I personally subscribe) concerning Anna is that she didn't drop Morgan for the other Hibachi chef guy. She got recruited by the CIA or NSA (Casey called up somebody while she was kung-fu'ing). She dumped Morgan because she didn't want him to find out about her blossoming new life as a CIA agent, for his own protection. Except that now he's hip to Chuck's jive, and (last week spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    so she's dropped by to tell him so they can pick up where they left off.

I don't know that I would call him
    Spoiler:

I would say that
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Richy,

One theory (the one to which I personally subscribe) concerning Anna is that she didn't drop Morgan for the other Hibachi chef guy. She got recruited by the CIA or NSA (Casey called up somebody while she was kung-fu'ing). She dumped Morgan because she didn't want him to find out about her blossoming new life as a CIA agent, for his own protection. Except that now he's hip to Chuck's jive, and (last week spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    so she's dropped by to tell him so they can pick up where they left off.

I don't know that I would call him
    Spoiler:

I would say that
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spoiler:

Fixed

Sig1.png
  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I suspect this is a fan with too much time on their hands. But who knows.

Twitter is evil. This is more evidence.

Have I mentioned taking a random 2 week break for no damn reason is stupid and just another sign NBC is run by morons?

On an almost related note spoilers for Bones (and how it relates to Chuck in this instance) below:
    Spoiler:

Man, that Bones episode was such a massive wtfbbq.

Re. random breaks in tv schedules, that's hardly an NBC-unique phenomenon. Hell, Bones just came back from a 2-week hiatus, and the long hiatuses taken by V and Flash Forward may have even killed them. By and large, television networks just don't know how to fill up 52 weeks with 23-episode seasons. They try to be competitive in September (for season start), November sweeps, December for Christmas advertising, February sweeps, and May sweeps again. So either they get enough new programming to fill up all the slots (reality TV anybody?), they entirely abandon some (like how ABC doesn't even air Lost in the fall any more), or they stagger episodes through the entire season... or some mixture thereof with their various shows.

I mean, you go to most network websites and check their list of primetime shows and you only get about 20 hours worth of programming total. That's 230 hours of primetime programming annually, compared to 3x5x30=450 hours of primetime programming required annually... and that's dropping Saturday and Sunday, 12 weeks for summer, 4 weeks for Christmas, 4 weeks for the Olympics - for 1 network - which don't even happen every year, and then another 2 weeks for other random vacations.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    New thread started here.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Brave Frontier: Adamski (481 077 56)
    Puzzles & Dragons: Adamski@pa (313 842 296)