As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tape deck in car is jammed.

Food?Food? Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have one of those headphone jack to tape things, so it's not like there's the actual tape jammed somewhere. Rather, pushing the tape function button or trying to eject it gives me a "tape error" message. WHAT DO I DO

gr_smile2.gif
Food? on

• Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    buy a real stereo?

:P

any mid to large sized car audio retail joint should be able to take a look for you, or give you a contact for a reprairer. It seriously may not be worth the cost of repair, though. Not too many people do that kind of work any more.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cat's right, you should be able to get a bare bones stereo with an audio jack that you can use to plug in your iPod for an incredibly small amount of money.

You are also bound to have a friend that knows how to install this shit. It's not hard and it's a bit of fun.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Food?Food? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A new deck is later down the line, once I get money. In the meantime I'm trying to figure out a) how this happened (the last time I drove it, it worked fine), and b) how I can get it working again so I don't have to listen to the same 3 CDs over and over.

Food? on
    gr_smile2.gif
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    its likely just age, and some component's snapped inside.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've had sucess prying a jammed tape out with a screwdriver. I say go for it.

Best case: it's out and you get a new tape adapter for $5 and you're good to go.

Worst case: you break the unit and need a new one. Which you do anyway.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes