Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Help me name this game!

Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
So I know how all you fine denizens of G & T are so great at finding out old game names that people can't remember. I was wondering if this rings a bell with any of you guys:

It was an old PC game from way back. It was a weird little side-scrolling thing, you played a fat kid in a pinwheel hat. His name may or may not have been Joey. I seem to recall the term 'belly-bump' being in the game somewhere, and I recall one of the levels being Alcatrazz.

Anything?

Muramasa18 on
·

• Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User
    edited October 2007
    That was fast. Thanks.

·
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No problem.

Actually i googled: joey alcatraz pc platformer

That's the first time that's ever worked for me.

·
  • Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Huh, yeah I tried google searching but I guess I wasn't using the right words.

·
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User
    edited October 2007
    I've got another challenge for you guys. Back in the way old days of PCs, I got a floppy with a game on it with my IBM PS/2 Model 30. It would have been a DOS game, obviously. From what I remember it was a platformer, with levels that looked a bit like Lode Runner. You played a character that reminded me of QBert, some sort of animal thing with a big nose. It was all in monochrome, as well, if that helps. I want to say the name began with "F", but I'm not sure.

What ever it was, it was a fun game and I played the hell out of it. Any ideas?

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    ·
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Don't tell me this is a stumper, G&T!

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    ·